The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Believe" by Aaron DeLong and Justin Miller » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19~20~21 [Next]
Cody J.H. Pace
View Profile
New user
Houston
92 Posts

Profile of Cody J.H. Pace
Doc,

I could not agree more. To perform anything after BELIEVE would only weaken the strength of the effect. It is something you need to leave them with and their thoughts, because when you do that the only option they have is to BELIEVE!

Cody
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut Butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
294 Posts

Profile of muffin
Thanks for taking the time to share your handling Cody, this will make it far easiser for me to perform this.
Cody J.H. Pace
View Profile
New user
Houston
92 Posts

I am glad to see people are liking my handling. Remeber that is just how I do it. Please if you find a better method to accomplish the same thing go for it. Even better share it with all of us! If you look at the PDF there is an item in the pictures that is green. That is what I had in my office and I tried it out and it works great for me. It really could be one of many objects that accomplish the same goal you could use. Someone hit up Staples or Office Max and if someone finds something even better lets hear it!

Dang Aaron you have created a monster here. BELIEVE has its own little family now and this is like our own forum! Are we going to get some Members Only Jackets embroiderd to become the official BELIEVER'S club? 1980's eat your heart out! Smile

Via con Dios,

Cody
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
CODY thanks for your pdf file ! will try your handling soon enough .=)Thanks again!
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I want to send out a salute to Cody for 1) sharing a great idea 2) putting it into such a nice PDF file - it looks better than a lot of the professional effects manuals!!!! 3) Being a new dad again (I just have 1 - my hat is off to you) and typing with one hand.

Cody, you actually have demonstrated well one of the qualities this Café claims to support - Magicians helping Magicians.

Bravo!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I agree with Dr Spektor. Great job Cody. And thanks for being so generous.
Congrats on the new child, guys.
I'm expecting my first grandchild Dec.24th !
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Yes thank you Cody...nice directions. Glad there was no method tipping there...WELL DONE!!
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Many thanks Cody, some nice thinking there.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Awesome Cody! Great job. I'll be giving this a try this weekend. Many thanks!
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Offtopic - oh well - JOHN - you look too young to be a granddaddy - you drinking blood or something?!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Cody J.H. Pace
View Profile
New user
Houston
92 Posts

Doc, I hope you don't mind me calling you that, I thought the same thing when I saw the picture of John. Must have been spending some time at Copperfield's islands and bathing in the fountain of youth! :-P

On another note I would hate to see this thread die. Who has been performing BELIEVE. Tell us about your experiences, successes, failures, tips and etc...

I know my Wife finally was amazed and speechless. That is a rarity as she is a tough cookie to impress. She finally said she has no clue what happens and admits she is left with the only option available... TO BELIEVE!

Cody

Posted: Sep 1, 2006 4:10pm
Carbiker just turned me onto this and I just saw that fellow BELIEVER Christopher Williams owns it. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......09&4

Chris can you tell us if this would work with Believe? This seems like a great effect to add to BELIEVE. Ohhhh I can just imagine the possibilities!

Cody
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
If you read carefully, I don't own this, I came up with my own method, I'm sure is different to this. However, YES it will work. Its just another impossible location for the card. If you use my method of believe it will definitely work, and Aarons handling would work I suppose, without exposing ir anything, there would just be a little more work in getting the card laminated.
To answer the question bluntly, yes it will work. And I will use this as another ending. Though, I have several more ideas for this now that involve a little bit of work, but make this trick a lot better. PM me for details on ideas if you need some
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 14:10, Cody J.H. Pace wrote:
"...I know my Wife finally was...speechless...."

Man I wish I would have bought this sooner. Smile
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
This effect kills...
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Good one, Larry.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
But how long was she speechless....I may now be interested..... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
Hey everyone,
Sorry about the long silence. I am still in Canada at this moment, but have just gained access to a computer via my pal Amazing Dan McLean Jr. in Toronto!

WOW! My PM box is full! Sounds like you guys have been busy and I am anxious to read all of your posts! I will be back in town by Tuesday and will take care of all the video requests, shipping issues and what not then.

Magic Camp was a blast! If you haven't picked up Tyler Wilson's book DOMINATRICKS yet, you must! Scarred Warp is worth it's weight in gold. I have spent 7 days with this amazing performer and his stuff is downright good. Also, get your hands on Jason Dean's stuff now! This guy fried me again and again with some amazing original material. Watch for their lectures in the Columbus area soon!

Cheers!
Aaron
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
I still having so much fun doing this, I've found a way of doing it impromptu which although not perfect has opened up so many more performing opportunities.

Believe will definately be a contender for best trick of 2006
Cody J.H. Pace
View Profile
New user
Houston
92 Posts

Well I decided it was time to drop BELIEVE on my toughest critic and hardest spectator to impress.... my Father. He is the worst! No amount of spectator management or control will stop him. He will grab the cards, turn the card over before he should and every other annoying thing a spectator has ever done or that you could imagine happening in your performances.

That being said my Father is now a BELIEVER! He said you are GOOD Son, and I am speechless. I told him all that was left for him was to BELIEVE! Well needless to say he is now a BELIEVER! Aaron, I never thought that first my Wife and then my Father could be impressed by my magic but they are now! Three Cheers for Aaron and Justin! Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray!

Cody
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I am interested in what patter everyone uses with this effect. For me I have been performing BELIEVE as a demonstration in how psychics use cold reading to secretly get personal information from a person. It is similar to Aaron's original patter but I focus mainly on just the cold reading aspect. Is anyone doing anything different?

-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Believe" by Aaron DeLong and Justin Miller » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL