The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Believe" by Aaron DeLong and Justin Miller » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21 [Next]
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
I don't believe I said it would be a limited run this time. I said I was releasing 100 more in July. I am not a production company, nor do I have time to try to be one. 100 more will be released in July. I am not making any promise that there won't be more after that.... just that there will be another release in July.

I am not sure what value exclusivity and a limited run would offer here on the next 100. My argument for doing this again is that it is no longer exclusive because of the free sharing. There is no benefit to me holding off on the release another 2 years. So I wouldn't dream of opening that Pandora's box again.

I am simply taking the time to release 100 more in July. I have no future scheduled date to release any more. When I get time to do it again, I will.

Posted: Jan 31, 2007 7:01pm
Dave,
I do have other unreleased effects that will come in the same booklet. No, I am not releasing a product description yet as I am still deciding which ones to include.

The site is brand new and is being built. I have two others that do work.

http://www.tru-magic.com and http://www.magic-lectures.com
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I can’t believe that Aaron is being scrutinized for releasing more of what people want! And he has fully explained the reasoning behind his limited release, so relax and buy it or not. But stop the ….
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Again... let me take this opportunity to announce the STRICTLY LIMITED release of my NEW effect. It is in fact so POWERFUL and so LIMITED, that I have decided that it will remain available to NO ONE.

I will not be taking orders by check or paypal or any major credit cards very shortly.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2007-01-31 16:40, Irishghost wrote:

I did, and on the first page it says:

No you didn't. If you had, you would have read the reasons and controversy. there are 15 pages to this thread, not just page one.

s
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 00:54, oombob wrote:
Again... let me take this opportunity to announce the STRICTLY LIMITED release of my NEW effect. It is in fact so POWERFUL and so LIMITED, that I have decided that it will remain available to NO ONE.

I will not be taking orders by check or paypal or any major credit cards very shortly.

LOL.... As I don't own this POWERFUL and LIMITED effect I will secretly be offering NO copies of NOTHING for half the price of NOTHING on Ebay.... Bids start at NOTHING
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Aaron is not a fidler crab.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
I am an original owner of Believe. I have not sold mine. In fact I have kept it closely guarded... never performing it around another magician. Never discussing it. I have to say, I am very disappointed by Aaron's decision. The I held up my end of the bargain, I feel he should too. Since all agreements are now null and void, I should be free to sell mine for whatever I can get for it. However, I won't. I think Aaron should be compensated for creating such a killer effect. Compensated for making me look good. So while I don't agree with Aaron's decision, I don't blame him.

That being said, should the new release contain the effect AND bonuses, all for the same price that I originally paid, then my attitude will definitely change. I think its unacceptable to break one's promise, re-release the effect, AND include more routines and/or bonuses, all for the same price. Should that happen, I would have to think twice about supporting Aaron.

Shawn
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
LOL.... As I don't own this POWERFUL and LIMITED effect I will secretly be offering NO copies of NOTHING for half the price of NOTHING on Ebay.... Bids start at NOTHING
[/quote]

I will NOT be proceeding with LEGAL ACTION against you forthwith.
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
I WON'T see you in court....
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Nor is he an elk
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Serious question before I buy this: does the spect ever write down his word? (if its already been answered..i couldn't see thru the sea of prattle)
Aaron DeLong
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
278 Posts

Profile of Aaron DeLong
They can write it or say it out loud. The effect doesn't hinge on this part. The final reveal wouldn't be any less strong if they told you their thought of word.

The fact that any word they name is on the back of the card in the sealed envelope and the card matches the (seriously) freely selected card is the punch of this routine. Not how the thought of word is obtained.

Does this help? PM me for any other questions.
Michael Ammar will one day cure all known diseases as a kicker to his coins across routine.

Get the facts! Visit www.AmmarFacts.com!
www.tru-magic.com
www.doubledtour.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Ok, I was under the impression that the word was merely thought of and that's it (a little sleight of word trickery on the description of the trick on the first page then
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
I just need to be clear is it the fact that the effect is being being circulated by some idiots, or the fact that it is being circulated and Aaron is receiving no further income from the product?

if it is trhe former reason, will those circulating copies stop because the effect is to be re-released?

if it is the later, a while ago, Aaron sold 100 units at $50 and was happy with this, a business decision was made. at the time Aaron rated his effect as worth $5000 (less costs) in hindsight the product was undervalued, however in Hindsight I should have bought those shares in Apple during the 70's, In hindsight I should have never spent money on the nothing DVD by Max Maven,

If they had been sold for $500 would members be quite so happy with the decision for the effect to be marketed before the expiration of the three years.

just thinking out loud
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Believe" by Aaron DeLong and Justin Miller » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL