The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » UFC, 3CM, CFWM, Triple Threat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Okay, I hate to be ignorant--or at least publicly confirm it--but I'm curious about these high end sets. I've been told that they are pretty much the same--the only difference is in the supporting instrucions, dvd and routines provided with the coin gaffs. I'm sure this is NOT the case, but wanted to get some insight on this. I'm thinking of going with one of them--but I'm interested in knowing if there is a consensus.

I'd appreciate your thoughts without giving too much away--or PM me. I'd appreciate it.

BooRadley
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Sliding, magnetic, shimmed, non-sliding

There is much on this stuff and some who have most of the gaffs and can compare utility. Dan Watkins may be a good one to ask for specifics.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I wonder if 3CM is worth the money, of if the same effect can be down with just a regular shell set. I am just getting started with coin work(cardman mostly) and find myself in a whole new world. A friend told me to just start with 5 half dollars and a shell,lots of roth, with a sprinkle of rocco.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It's a lot more direct and less angly than using EG and some blu-tac.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Irishghost...

Your friend was right... 5 half dollars and a shell... (64's to start)

Roth's easy to master coin magic tapes... Bobo's coin magic
and you are good to go.

Wait on the other gaffs until you make the decide if coin magic is for you..
It is a whole new world.

Good luck,
Shawn.
Shawn.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
ShawnB, your definately right but the triple threat/3cm is a pretty sweet gimmick, I constantly find myself thinking about effects that are cleaned up using this gimmick.

that said $350 buys a lot of books
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Quote:
On 2006-08-09 21:41, Irishghost wrote:
I wonder if 3CM is worth the money, of if the same effect can be down with just a regular shell set. I am just getting started with coin work(cardman mostly) and find myself in a whole new world. A friend told me to just start with 5 half dollars and a shell,lots of roth, with a sprinkle of rocco.

It's worth every penny spent on it. The construction of the gaff makes for some very clean handlings that you can't do with a normal shell set!!!

Mike
StevenKidwell
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of StevenKidwell
I've seen the Triple Threat and it is very nice indeed, I was impressed by it's quality and function. It is on my list of highly wanted items.
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Is there a difference, other than Craftsman, between the 3CM and the Triple Threat?
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Quote:
On 2006-08-10 23:01, Kihei wrote:
Is there a difference, other than Craftsman, between the 3CM and the Triple Threat?

Yes...but it's minor

Mike
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Thank you all very much for your positive input. I will start with the basics, and move up. I have Mr Roths volumes from the stars of magic, and just bought Volumes 16,17 and 18 of his Expert coin series. I will work on utility moves and holds first before I move on to routines. Also I will probubly get 3CM later, because I have heard a lot of great things about it. Also I should be getting my Trabucco hold out in a few days, and was told this would make my limited coin work a lttle better, with vanishes and re appearing the coins, wish me luck.

Regards, Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
StevenKidwell
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of StevenKidwell
Mike is correct, it is minor. But I prefer the Triple Threat because it allows for some additional usage for other routines.

Steve
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Isn't the only difference that one's milled down?
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
There do seem to be a lot of people selling the new Come Fly With Me already. Not meaning dealers but purchasers....
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I've followed this thread and was interested in an answer to Boo's original question. I have wondered the same -- if all these are basically variations on the same gaff and the difference is in the routining. If one knows the routine, can one do, for example, Bob Kohler's U3Fly with the Triple Threat or 3CM gaff?
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Quote:
On 2006-08-11 22:09, bugjack wrote:
I've followed this thread and was interested in an answer to Boo's original question. I have wondered the same -- if all these are basically variations on the same gaff and the difference is in the routining. If one knows the routine, can one do, for example, Bob Kohler's U3Fly with the Triple Threat or 3CM gaff?

No, not really as U3Fly is very different than Triple Threat or 3CM...however, Triple Threat and 3CM are closely akin.

Mike
magicdudey
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magicdudey
HI there,
Does anyone know if the Schoolcraft 3CM coin gimick will stick to the Trabuco holdout?
Thanks in advance for anyone who has the 3 CM. Also if you have it can you give me your thoughts on it as what reaction you are getting from the laypeople.
Martin Sanderson
Martin Sanderson
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Magicdudey,

The 3CM gimmick will be able to be used with the Trabucco Holdout from what Jamie says on his site. If you look very closely at the final vanish you can see the coin being dropped out of camera view when he drops his hand to his stomach. I too thought that it was a gimmicked vanish using the holdout until I saw that. Dang.
magicdudey
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magicdudey
Thank you for the info.
I just need to know now if the trabuco (which I have) will indeed hold the 3CM gimmick as I will only purchase it if this is possible due to a very clean ditch of the last coin making the routine full circle.
I think this routine would play very well in many real world situation, sep in a walkaround reception and even more so in a loud busy evening event, club, disco etc.
Have been coming back to look at the 3CM video clip for many months and always think about the commercial aspect of the effect. It think it has a good feel and would make a great real world opener to a walkaroud set.
Thanks again.
Martin
Martin Sanderson
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Can you set up your trabucco with a short sleeve shirt? I am very curious about this. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » UFC, 3CM, CFWM, Triple Threat (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL