The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » UFC, 3CM, CFWM, Triple Threat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
[quote]On 2006-08-14 06:10, magicdudey wrote:
Thank you for the info.
I just need to know now if the trabuco (which I have) will indeed hold the 3CM gimmick as I will only purchase it if this is possible due to a very clean ditch of the last coin making the routine full circle.

It does work with the trabuco (i don't have one but jamie says so on his website) but in my opinion that is not a major selling point since there are far easier ways to get rid of the last coin - topit, sleeve etc. The other thing to remember with the three coin vanish sequence is it is the tip of the iceberg.

You wont be dissapointed
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
With all due respect, that last vanish is the capstone to a three coin vanish sequence.

The basic gaff does permit a nice handling of Ramasy's "Three Coins in the Hat" which takes most of the worry out of the trick till you get to the very end. And even that is MUCH easier with a [[x than three loose coins.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Okay, back to the original question again -- and thanks, Mike, for your reply... since each of these gimmicked coins can do somewhat similar things, if you were going to buy just one, which would you prefer to have? The Kohler routine/gimmick, or the Triple Threat/3CM coin? Which would be more useful for a variety of routines?
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Hey guys, and gals, I spoke to Jamie at a recent convention and he said that he is unfortunately going to be raising the price of the 3CM set in the near future. If you've been looking to add this piece of precision coinage to your arsenal of coin magic, grab it now while you can still get it under $400. It will be going up in price very soon. Just an FYI.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thank, Snidini.

Also, why doesn't anyone make this gimmick in half dollars? How come everything is silver dollars, which are really coins that no one sees in everyday experience?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Joshua Jay's 3 coin vanish with a [ and a [/ coin works so much better with a 3CM. I use the vanish in the watch at the end, and it looks great. I do a one coin routine with the 3CM starting with my invisible coin production, then say its a lot easier if you use more than oen coin, as I produce two more coins. Then explain the hard part is to keep them hidden, as I vanish them back to one coin, and then do the final vanish as Josh Jay describes, though I first saw Mark Leveridge use this move
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Given the choice of gaffs...I would go with the triple threat/ 3cm over uf3...somuch more can be done with those 2!

Mike
magicdudey
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of magicdudey
Now the difficult part is what to go for: Morgans or Peace???? I have a fantastic set of 4 Peace's and fantastic shell which I bought via Keith Bennett here in the UK about 5 yrs ago.
Just emailed Jamie and have pre ordered a set, just waiting to know which one to go for.
The peace dollars do look good..mind you so do the Morgans'.or do the peaces look a tad better.or what about the Morgans????
I used to be do indecisive...............but now I;m not so sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martin Sanderson
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just got a SNEAK preview of the next Genii where Johnathan Townsend's REAL WORK is fully described with tons of photos... a MUST READ for any coin worker.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
That's great news Pete. It'll be nice to see some more of Johnathan's work.
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Snidini,

Thanks for the head's up. I was on the fence with 3CM for a while, but now that you said the prices will be raising I went ahead and placed my order for one.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2006-08-14 23:48, bugjack wrote:
Thank, Snidini.

Also, why doesn't anyone make this gimmick in half dollars? How come everything is silver dollars, which are really coins that no one sees in everyday experience?

I spoke with Jamie yesterday, he does make them in half dollars now. Also he confirmed that the 3CM works with the Trabucco holdout.
Click to visit:
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
For the budget conscious, the Triple Threat is also a great option, and cheaper than the 3CM... seems like a no-brainer to me! I have seen both and they are each fantastic works of art!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
How much is the Triple Threat in half dollars? (And are they only in Liberty, not Kennedy?).

I couldn't find them on Todd's website.
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Bugjack,

Jamie is the one that makes the 3CM in half dollar size. His site is http://www.coingaffs.com It is not listed on his site yet. You will need to email him or give him a call to get more details about it.
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Bugjack,

Jamie is the one that makes the 3CM in half dollar size. His site is http://www.coingaffs.com It is not listed on his site yet. You will need to email him or give him a call to get more details about it.
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Hi bugjack,

You are correct about your response. I just spoke with Jamie Schoolcraft and he said he charges $250.00 for half dollar 3CM.
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
170 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
Quote:
On 2006-08-16 10:59, magiclee71 wrote:
Hi bugjack,

You are correct about your response. I just spoke with Jamie Schoolcraft and he said he charges $250.00 for half dollar 3CM.

Liberty or Kennedy?
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
Quote:
On 2006-08-16 12:02, Eric Gretencord wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-16 10:59, magiclee71 wrote:
Hi bugjack,

Liberty or Kennedy?

I'm quite sure either style is the same price for the half dollar 3CM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » UFC, 3CM, CFWM, Triple Threat (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL