The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » Third Degree Burn by Jason Palter » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Third Degree Burn by Jason Palter
-------------oOo-----------------

Effect: You approach a group of people, and ask someone to think of a card, and then name it aloud. It can be any card they wish. There is no force. The subject is asked to truly visualize the card in their head-to burn this into their mind, you give them a lighter (or just borrow theirs). After igniting the lighter, they are asked to visualize their card in the dancing flame. You briefly thrust your fingers into the flame, wincing with pain. For the jaw-dropping climax, you slowly turn your fingers around, to reveal the skin on your thumb and finger is now blistered in the shape of their freely-chosen card! You've just given'em THE THIRD DEGREE!

No deck of cards required.
No forcing; works with any card named.
Can be carried with you at all times, fits in your pocket, and is always ready to go.
No reset (again, it is ALWAYS ready to go)!
Harmless—but it does look dangerous!
Comes complete and ready to go with the professional custom gimmick (made to last a lifetime), instructional DVD, detailed manuscript, full routine, and bonus effects (including ideas that DO NOT require the use of fire!)

----------------------------------------------

When Brent Walske's Pyro Perception hit the magic market, there was quite a stir - and with good reason.
The trick was on a par with anything laypeople had seen Criss Angel or David Blaine do on television, but more importantly was the effect, which was very eerie and extremely strong.

Enter Jason Palter, a Canadian magician who has basically taken a sedan and re-built it into a sports car. The idea is the same: a selected card appears on the performers finger tips in the form of a blister...still eerie and just as strong. But, there is a bonus here and I believe it to be a major improvement - you now have the ability to quickly and easily produce the revelation AND it can be any one of the standard 52 card variety. That's correct, the spectator names ANY card from the deck - very cool. Smile

Many of you are probably wondering if the trick is worth the asking price - it is, trust me. You receive a professionally produced twelve (12) page booklet giving you all the details, tips, ideas, etc. If that were not enough, Mr.Palter even took the time to shoot a DVD which visually takes you step by step thru the learning process. Jason assumes nothing, so the teaching is done in such a way that once watched, even an idiot could pull this this trick off. Smile

What about the gimmick? While larger in size than the original Pyro Perception gimmick, I believe it actually weighs a little less. The gimmick is professionally built and will no doubt last you a lifetime. Now, does the larger size matter? Possibly, depending on how you normally dress. Put it this way, while I would not recommend wearing tight jeans, I do think Cargo's would be fine and having a jacket with large pockets would be better still.

Now, I should point out that you are not going to open the package and be doing this ten minutes later (you shouldn't be doing that with magic anyway), as it's going to take a bit of time to get familiar with how the gimmick actually operates. However, once learned you will have an extremely versatile piece of magical apparatus.

Really, there are many possibilities with this piece of equipment. Besides having a spectator name a card, there are a slew of other ways the revelation can seemingly be brought about. Perhaps your volunteer writes her selection on a piece of paper, and using something sneeky like a gaffed wallet you then produce the thought of card? Your own imagination is the limit here.

Probably the most important part of this trick is the presentation. I think one should really put a lot of thought into this, and not just casually walk up to folks and have them name a card. Think about how strong this can really be - seriously. I can easily imagine a Bizarre performer having folks sitting around a table in a darkened room with only the light of a single candle burning, the stage is set and the real magic can now unfold...excellent says I.

Finally, for what you get (material and effect wise), you really can't go wrong here. If you currently own Pyro Perception, I urge you to consider the up-grade. If you have neither, I do not hesitate to recommend you to invest in this small miracle maker. Highly recommended. Smile

----------------------------------------------

My rating:

Suggested retail is $55.00

You can contact Jason Palter directly at:

jason@paltergeist.com

To order direct, visit Jason's website at:
Click here!

To order via snail mail, send check/money order (US funds only) payable to: Jason Palter and send to:
Paltergeist Unlimited
85 CEDARCREST CRESCENT
RICHMOND HILL, ONTARIO
L4S 2P4
CANADA

Phone: (416)410-5766

Also available from your favorite dealer.

Dealers - contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc.
11500 Gold Dredge Way
Rancho Cordova, Ca. 95742
Toll Free Order Line: 1-800-853-7403
Or visit Murphy's website:
Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » Third Degree Burn by Jason Palter » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL