The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Master's Red Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
That card collection couldn't be that old, Daniel. Smile Just kidding you.

These look like regular Bicycle cards to me (except for the AS), so who's going to notice? I switched from Tally Ho's to Bicycle about 15 years ago, and have regretted it ever since. Not that they're bad, but Tally Ho's are better, IMO. At least, that's what I'm used to. And, these cards feel like Tally Ho's to me.

Tell Dai Vernon that you can't perform double lifts with thicker (Tally Ho) cards. That's ridiculous.

Say what you will about Ellusionnist, but I think they hit a home run on this one. The duplicate Jokers are nice. I just don't get the two extra cards and the "2 07 5P4D3S" (Two of Spades) in the bar code.

Robert
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Quote:
On 2006-08-24 20:25, Robert M wrote:

Right you are Smile
Daniel M. Carrico
bradchristian
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of bradchristian
Quote:

These look like regular Bicycle cards to me (except for the AS), so who's going to notice? I switched from Tally Ho's to Bicycle about 15 years ago, and have regretted it ever since. Not that they're bad, but Tally Ho's are better, IMO. At least, that's what I'm used to. And, these cards feel like Tally Ho's to me.

Tell Dai Vernon that you can't perform double lifts with thicker (Tally Ho) cards. That's ridiculous.

Say what you will about Ellusionnist, but I think they hit a home run on this one. The duplicate Jokers are nice. I just don't get the two extra cards and the "2 07 5P4D3S" (Two of Spades) in the bar code.

Robert

Robert,

Thanks. The 2SPADES is there for a reveal. Basically I just wanted it for myself as a cool reveal and decided to throw it in at the last moment. It can get you out of a tight spot or just be a sweet little 'transformation' of the barcode at a moment's notice.

The other two cards are just ad cards that show the gaff and the Ghost decks for people who have never seen them before.

All the best,

Brad.
kdb424
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburg PA
120 Posts

Profile of kdb424
I only use ellusionist cards, and I get away with DL left and right! Don't let that fool you. It works GREAT!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Although I don't like thick cards for double lifts (it's not that the lift is difficult, it's that the packet looks to thick) I do get some great use out of my Ellusionist decks.

The easiest way to slay my young friends in my local ring is to bring out a deck of Vipers that I've made a Mene Tekal deck out of.
This works because these guys are in the know about Ellusionist products and know that the Viper line doesn't include many (or is it any?) gaffs. They assume it's a normal Viper deck.

I've also got a Belly-In cut on a few cards in another Viper deck that does exactly the same thing.
There's a great deal of magician fooling to be done with the Ellusionist decks if you use the fact that some folks know the Ellusionist card line inside and out.
I'm also in the middle of re-making my favorite Nick Trost packet trick in Viper backs, folks (especially magicians) just don't think "double backer" when they see a Viper card.

I find that guys in my ring are far more inclined to figure that a regular deck of Bikes is gaffed than they are to figure that a deck of Ellusionist Vipers are gaffed, and it's probably the same where you live!
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2006-08-27 12:46, silverking wrote:
Although I don't like thick cards for double lifts (it's not that the lift is difficult, it's that the packet looks to thick) I do get some great use out of my Ellusionist decks.

The easiest way to slay my young friends in my local ring is to bring out a deck of Vipers that I've made a Mene Tekal deck out of.
This works because these guys are in the know about Ellusionist products and know that the Viper line doesn't include many (or is it any?) gaffs. They assume it's a normal Viper deck.

I've also got a Belly-In cut on a few cards in another Viper deck that does exactly the same thing.
There's a great deal of magician fooling to be done with the Ellusionist decks if you use the fact that some folks know the Ellusionist card line inside and out.
I'm also in the middle of re-making my favorite Nick Trost packet trick in Viper backs, folks (especially magicians) just don't think "double backer" when they see a Viper card.

I find that guys in my ring are far more inclined to figure that a regular deck of Bikes is gaffed than they are to figure that a deck of Ellusionist Vipers are gaffed, and it's probably the same where you live!

You shouldn't worry about impressing magicians, rather impressig laymen is what you should worry about.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Thanks for the tip, but I never "worry" about any aspect of magic, I just enjoy it.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2006-08-27 12:46, silverking wrote:

I'd have to disagree and say that lay people will be more suspicious of a viper deck than of bicycles. What do you do when your magician friends ask you if they can examine the deck?
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
I'd have to disagree and say that lay people will be more suspicious of a viper deck than of bicycles.
What do you do when your magician friends ask you if they can examine the deck?

Experienced magi don't usually ask to see another magicians props.
I agree with you regarding Vipers and such for laymen, but check back and you'll see I was speaking about the Vipers effect on magicians.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I would rather spend the extra money per deck on a deck of tally's. I love the back design, and they have a nicer look then bikes. You also get all the advantages of a Master Deck.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Adam Teece
View Profile
New user
Lehigh Acres, FL
52 Posts

Profile of Adam Teece
So far I am liking my Masters decks. I am pretty new, but I can fan a lot better with these than normal bikes. I also have some Vipers which handle great and look great. I like the Masters because they look like normal cards so I don't have to worry about someone thinking it is a trick deck. And if I think someone is going to suspect something because of that amazing Ace of Spades, I can always through an Ace of Spades from a regular deck of bikes and not worry at all.
Will Eefting
View Profile
New user
Southwest Michigan
93 Posts

Profile of Will Eefting
I'm planning on picking up a pack of these. They just look so slick.
A Trick? Well yes there are quite a few "tricks" I can do, but alas there are women and children present. Find me later.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2006-08-29 15:23, Adam Teece wrote:
So far I am liking my Masters decks. I am pretty new, but I can fan a lot better with these than normal bikes. I also have some Vipers which handle great and look great. I like the Masters because they look like normal cards so I don't have to worry about someone thinking it is a trick deck. And if I think someone is going to suspect something because of that amazing Ace of Spades, I can always through an Ace of Spades from a regular deck of bikes and not worry at all.

lol? as long as you do not use a black viper no one will suspect them more than a regular bike deck...
as for the fanning: get a tin of fanning powder and that's it....no one of your reason really speaks for this deck.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2006-08-30 18:06, Memory-Jah wrote:
no one of your reason really speaks for this deck.

Actually, "So far I am liking my Masters decks" says all there is to say. That's reason enough for Adam, and that's what counts. They may not be for everyone, but I like mine too.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Quote:
On 2006-08-29 16:17, Will Eefting wrote:
I'm planning on picking up a pack of these. They just look so slick.

What's so "slick" about them? They're just a regular pack of Bikes all hyped up by Ellusionist.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Adam Teece
View Profile
New user
Lehigh Acres, FL
52 Posts

Profile of Adam Teece
There isn't too much that is "slick" looking about them except for the Ace of Spades looks awesome. They are a little thicker than regular bikes and supposedly the coating on them makes them last longer. I'm not saying everyone should go out and buy them, I am just saying I am happy with them.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Magicmania,
Why so much bashing (you made your feelings clear several posts ago)?? You don't have to like them. Some of us do. What's your point?
J. Rose
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of J. Rose
I just picked a pack of these, and don't feel any difference, seems like a ordinary pack of Bikes with very minor difference from the orginals. Since I just got 'em I have yet to put it to use, but for now the deck does seem normal.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I received my Masters a couple of days ago and find myself in agreement with Magiguy. The finish on the cards is a little slicker than Tallys, and the cards are a little bit thicker, but it's almost negligible (putting the box next to a Tally box shows a difference of maybe 1/8"). When I get a new deck, I continually do faros to break it in. The deck faroed surprisingly easily, without any misses for the first 30 or so. When all was said and done, the corners of the cards were still smooth, without any breaking along the edges. Doubles and other sleights haven't been a problem for me with it. All in all, they're enjoyable, but I'll probably stick with Tally's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bicycle Master's Red Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL