The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best levitation in market. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
I've been thinking of getting a levitation effect as a finale in my solo manipulation act. The levitation device are under control of the performer without help of any 'hidden' assistant.Price doesn't matter as long as it's easy to be transported along with my other props. Any recommendation will be appreciated.Thanks in advanced. Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
If you are doing a solo manipulation act, then I would probably just recommend a Super-X Levitation. This could easily be used throughout the show as a table, and then levitate somebody at the end. However, as with most levitations, the Super-X can not be used with just an audience member. They need to know exaclty what to expect. This levitation can also fit into the backseat of your car.

If you don't care about price, then I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Walter Blaney's Ladder Levitation. This levitation was used by Copperfield, Lance Burton, Sig and Roy, etc... It is the ultimate in close-up levitations, and you can levitate anyone, even someone from the audience, without prior talking or knowledge of the trick. David Copperfield performed this in his touring show longer than any other illusion in his show because he loved it so much. I would definately recommend giving Mr. Blaney a call if you are interested, but these aren't cheap. But well worth it.

http://www.walterblaney.com

Hope this helps.

Jon

P.S. The two items I described above are technically only Suspensions. The girl will float but not go up and down. Smile
Believe In Magic....I do!
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
There is a Blaney 3001 suspension that might interest you for $2,195 on the magic auction site.

Mike
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Thanks for all the info guys! I'll do some research about all the item you all have listed down then i'll let you all know what i'll buy and please give me some of your oppinion. Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
23751 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If you are doing shows in houses I would recommend the chair suspension. It is easy to take places. You need no rehersal with anyone from the audience.

I do agree with JAEIII if the shows are going to be on stage. The Super-X is very helpful. It is good for taking promo pictures too.

Happy Holidays Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
4914 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Good advice from above. But, they are all supensions (as JAEIII mention)

w3irDO, asked about levitations, something that moves. Come on guys, what levitations do you have and what do you think of them?

Everyone knows what I think of the Gamola Levitation.

Ray Noble
illusionmaster
View Profile
New user
Boulder, Colorado
31 Posts

Profile of illusionmaster
Without a doubt, the new Gamalo barstool levitation absolutely rocks. If I were to recommend a levitation for the solo performer, this would be it. His new model has all appearances of a REAL bar stool.

I think that is importatnt to help "sell" the illusion. It's got to look like something they're already familiar with and can quickly identify as something standard.

Jes
Smile
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Well, first of all i would like to thanks all of you helping me to find a suitable items. And i personally think that the ladder levitation and the gamalo barstool are more suitable for my manipulation act. The levitation device that i'm currently looking for is actually for my finale effect. I want it to be totally unexpected as thru out the show i've been producing cards, balls, candles, doves and suddently i levitate. Smile hehe.. that's what i personally like and thanks again all of you for helping me. Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5677 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I'd love to see you perform it! Gimme notice once you're gonna do it ok! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Hmmm...now if you want to levitate yourself, then the Ladder Levitation might not be the best choice. I thought you wanted to levitate someone else.

The Ladder leviation needs two people. The first person is to lay on the board (usually an audience member). The second person (usually the magician) removes the ladders from underneath the board. Unfortuantely, I don't think it's possible (or atleast wouldn't look that good) if you laid on the board and removed the ladders yourself. I personally believe something would be taken away from the effect. You can still check it out though. Contact Walter Blaney and ask him if that would be possible.

I would also do some research on the "3 in 1 levitation." Someone else can give you better detail than myself about this, but I've seen the clip of someone standing still and then just floating up a few feet. Maybe another possiblity?

As Mike mentioned above, the Blaney 3001 is on magic auction. This is an excellent suspension also. Walter built this type for those that couldn't afford his regular ladder levitation. The end effect is the same, except you can not put the illusion together in front of the audience, as you can with the ladder levitation. This is one of the strong points to the illusion. Still an excellent illusion though.
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
I think the Barstool levi. looks exactly like what it is and fools no one. I think the Suspensions mentioned above are extemely weak, with the Blaney Ladder Suspension(which I own) the best of the worst so to speak. The Gossamer Flight built by Owen is Ok, but I replaced their form with another one to make it deceptive at all. The only Levitation which I have that I feel is truly great is a water/platform levitation. It was a royal pain to have built (over a year to complete) and I won't mention the builder because of all the components I had to rebuild or replace to make it work right. The stagehands always groan when they know it is going to be performed, because of the set up and tear down. The bottom line is there are better and easier ways to end a manip. act. IMHO
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Sorry, didn't quite understand this part. Did you mean the ladder levitation is the worst of all of them, or if you put all of them together, then the ladder leviation is probably the best, but still not up to your standards? Curiousity?
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
I was also in the process in buying a new levitation. I was really interested in the Gamalo.

But, I heave herd form other on this and other magic boards who told me it was piece of junk.

I personal don’t have experience with it. But, others who had one said that the welds tend to break.

I would also suggest the 3 in 1. You can't beet the effect you get for the price. But, I would suggest if you were interested in the 3 in 1 to hold on to your money. As Dutch is coming out with a new version after the first of the year. You can find more info. on it if you looked thru the stage illusions form.

Just on piece of advice do your homework before you buy!

Tells us more about what you are trying to achieve and I am sure we can point you into the right direction.

Good luck,
Mike
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1005 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Dare I suggest "Fearsons Fantastic Floatation"?

Something that the solo manipulator could wear throughout the whole act, and then removing the jacket (maybe a tails coat), the performer begins to float off the ground before to replace the jacket, take the applause and walk off stage.

Check out Steven fearsons site ( earlier this year this was not available, but should be back in stock).
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Earth
121 Posts

Profile of Illusionist
gamalo..yogano... blah blah blah. the problem is that levitating yourself is not a trick that can be preformed as quickly off the bat as say an appearing cane. and me thinks that thats the kind of strong effect your looking for.

and yes LeeAlex2002 you are indeed brave mentioning fearsons anything!

Mmm... doughnut Smile
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Decisions, decisions, decisions....
Smile
By the way i think that 3 in 1 levitation wont be suitable for my show. Barstool might be the one i'll most probably buy. Any coments?
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5221 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yogano makes a super nice Barstool levitation. It is the one used by Silvan in his shows. This version is argueably the best on the market today.

The person being levitated off the stool will “float” some 50 cm (20 inches). It will lift a person weighing 210 lbs.! The whole thing weighs only 52 lbs and looks like a regular stainless steel barstool.

Unlike an earlier post, I believe that this levitation is deceptive and will catch the audience off guard! Frankly, it can be performed, off the bat, every bit as quickly as an appearing cane.

I must add that Yogano also makes a chair version too. That is, it looks like a regular wooden chair. The person being levitated will rise to two and a half feet into the air and may weigh 160 pounds. It is very deceptive and can be done surrounded!

Finally, the effect you originally described in the first post of this thread sounds very much like the “Yogano Saturn Levitation”. A vertical levitation directly from the stage floor! While this levitation is usually performed using an assistant (even a volunteer from the audience as nothing is attached to the person being levitated.) The person being levitated rises from the floor to over 80 cm (32 inches) from the floor.

The whole apparatus packs into one small case of 130 x 80 x 30 cm (52 x 32 x 12 inch). It weighs 60 kg (130 lbs) and the maximum weight of person being levitated is 75 kg (165 lbs). It is reliable and quiet.

I also think that you should revisit the 3-in1 levitation. It will do exactly what you want to do. That is, levitate yourself vertically without any visible prop. It costs less than 1/3 the cost of any of the others.

HOWEVER, This is built for stage/platform work and you will need a backdrop and a backstage assistant to do the dirty work. But for stage and platform work, this is the one! It weighs about 130 lbs and breaks down to one case measuring 121 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm (48inches x 18 inches x 18 inches).

Check out Dutch's video of it working at:
http://www.lorenzoandlorraine.com/video.asp
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Thanks for your info Harry. Most of the show i do normally is at the centre of the stage and that is why i cant use the 3in1 although it's a good effect.By the way, wishing all of you a merry chirstmast! Smile Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
JaeIII. I think my post is fairly clear. I think all of the "Suspensions" are inheritantly weak, with the "Ladder Suspension" being the best. You may be too young to remember this was presented on the Copperfield "Great Wall of China" special. It did not get any where close to the "Buzz" the Water Levitation did (The Unit was originally Doug Hennings I believe). It is evidenced by not being included on the 15 year retrospective. And, yes, the Ladder doesn't live up to my standards. This is derived from audience reaction and questionaires.
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Sorry, to me it wasn't clear. But I understand what you mean. Compared to future levitations the Ladder Levitation is not worth including, but for a performer looking for something that can be done close-up, and can float anyone, then it would be a good way to go.

I've seen the illusion performed before live, and I thought it was great.

When Copperfield purchased his ladder levitation, Walter Blaney came over to his apartment at the time and performed it for David and a few other people. David was about five feet away. After Walter had performed it, David looked in amazement and said, "I can't believe it. I own this illusion and I don't have any clue how it's done."

I think this says alot about how good this illusion can be in a close up atomosphere.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Best levitation in market. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL