The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo's "Magic Painting" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Has anyone seen this trick? I've heard it mentioned in other strings but was wondering if it was an old trick I saw many years back. I do remember it was most definitely a card trick. Does anyone remember how it goes? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Anyone know where you might be able to purchase this one, or maybe someone has it for sale?
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I haven't seen it, but I found this description.

You place a card which shows the picture of a blank canvas, onto the table. You then display three cards, each showing a different colored tube of paint. These three cards are placed into the table. When you display each of these three cards again, however, the paint in the tubes has magically decreased.
You turn over the canvas card, and it is now completely painted in full colour! While the faces of all four cards change during this trick, the most amazing thing is that everything can be examined at the end.

If that's the trick, it seems to be available.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
I used to perform this when I did restaurant work. Always got a great reaction. Perfect for kids & parents.

Richard
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Richard, Sounds good. Smile It is easy-enough to do...I mean, any difficult sleights to make it happen. I know Tenyo always prided itself on not letting the "difficult" get in the way of great magic and wonderment. Hey, do you still own this trick? Smile

Hey, Grift...I PM'd you. Smile

PS - I know this is about cards, but Tenyo's "Zone Infinity" is a great little carry around trick...Absolutely amazing. I love it!
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
No, I don't have it any more. Had to retire it due to wear.

No difficult sleights. I changed the handling though, as I thought Tenyo's was a little awkward (but it is usable as described). Overall, quite different and visual.

Richard
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey MB!!!

Check this out....:

http://members.aol.com/WWWmagic/tenyo.htm

I hope it's not too late...

Good luck! I'll keep my eyes open for more of these...

Doug
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Tenyo has some really neat stuff, too bad it is all in plastic. One of my absolute favorites is The Blue Crystal..The newer Tenyo is not as good as the early items were, seems they ran out of ideas. Too bad as they sure are thinkers..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 10:26, Rennie wrote:
Tenyo has some really neat stuff, too bad it is all in plastic. One of my absolute favorites is The Blue Crystal..The newer Tenyo is not as good as the early items were, seems they ran out of ideas. Too bad as they sure are thinkers..
Rennie

That's true. They should make some of their better item in higher quality materials. Maybe some limited editions etc. They have so many wonderful effects, but the plastic makes a lot of them seem like "slum" magic. And it's anything but slum.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey, thanks Doug...I'll see if it's not too late. Much appreciated man. Smile -MB

Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
Quote:
Rennie

I like the Blue Crystal in general but not so much the "card" gimmick that comes with it... as a kid one of my favorites was "The Alpha Tunnel", which I broke soon after I got it... I pulled the gimmicked plastic panel that got penetrated out thru the wrong side of the tunnel, breaking off the gimmick... Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey, let us know, MB! Smile

And, FYA, all...no, MY Magic Painting is not for sale...I was offered $100 for it...I think that's WAY more than its worth...look around (Google, eBay)...they're out there...and if you're lucky, you might get away with paying $20-25 for it!

Good luck!

Doug
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
That's true. They should make some of their better item in higher quality materials. Maybe some limited editions etc. They have so many wonderful effects, but the plastic makes a lot of them seem like "slum" magic. And it's anything but slum.
[/quote]

That's why I sold my Blue Crystal....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 18:57, Mysterioii wrote:
I like the Blue Crystal in general but not so much the "card" gimmick that comes with it... ... Smile

I agree with that. I have been using the finger ring placed on the Blue Crystal, looks great..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
159 Posts

Profile of swamy
The effect "Circulation" by Pavel was a variation to the effect "Magicpainting" by Toru Suzuki from Tenyo.
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
159 Posts

Profile of swamy
weehome
View Profile
New user
Singapore
7 Posts

Profile of weehome
Hey, my friend just gave me The Magic Painting by Tenyo but without instructions. Anyone just the instruction that you can share with me?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
As a matter of fact I also would like the instructions, I only have the Japanese version.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Somewhere in the depths of my collection I have an unopened English copy of Magic Painting - as soon as I manage to get my hands on it I will let you know, guys!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Quote:
Rennie

I think one of the common comments about Tenyo is the quality of the plastic and material used. I do get the japanese tenyo stuff and that all of them are made in Japan, and generally their retail price ranges from 1000 yen to 1800 yen. Many are in fact, selling for below SRP in Japan Yahoo Shopping, so I think they are well within the affordable range in Japan and is very reasonable in workmanship given the price point.
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
I found this demo for Magic Painting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9VmAZqG8xs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo's "Magic Painting" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL