The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Montreal Magic Jam Sept. 23, 2006 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
The Montreal Magic Jam is a little one-day get-together organized by three guys who thought one CAM convention every 2 years was not enough.

This year, we have Bob Fitch as our featured lecturer.

He'll also be part of a discussion on creativity along with Stephane Bourgoin (of SB Magik), Chris Pilsworth, and Martin Joyal.

And we also have lectures from Yannick Lacroix and the SB Magik team (Stephane Bourgoin and Marc Trudel), as well as 2 close-up shows involving all of our talent.

All the info is on our website http://www.montrealmagicjam.com

Best,
Derrick
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
The event is coming up next weekend.
You have until this Saturday to get the early bird special of $45. After that, registration goes up to $55. All the information is up on our website.
Come check us out http://www.montrealmagicjam.com

Also, we're happy to announce that Bob Fitch is now joining our panel discussion on creativity.

Here's what David Acer had to say about us:

"The Montreal Magic Jam offers an intimate, friendly environment where avid hobbiests and professional entertainers can intermingle in a way that fuels all of their interests. Plus there's donuts." -David Acer

Best,
Derrick
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Donuts?
I'll be there for sure! Smile
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
I just want to say thanks to Grant McSorley, Marc Trudel, Stephane Bourgouin and every others who worked to organise this great meeting.

Congratulations to Yannick Lacroix and Chris Pilsworth for their great close-up shows. (We will all be practicing our muscle pass now, Yannick....)

Thanks to Martin Joyal for his logical and experienced view on creativity.

Great lectures! I learned stuff I had never been acquinted with yet.

I also had the honor to meet Mr. Bob Fitch. Coin magician extraordinaire and a superb actor. It was pleasure and a surprise to learn his methods with topits and sleeving. He explained to me that people these days are, afraid to use them, and therefore there is limited material that teaches it good.

I was surprised that so few people knew about 3 card monte. I was practicing my fake throws in the hallway and I got the opportunity to show it a little. I'm glad I had something to give back to other participants that kept showing me palms, forces, flourishes... thanks Michel for your tips on the classic force.
Smile

Thanks for a great day guys! I really regret not staying after... I payed the toll of not sleeping before...

ps: I never saw any donuts ... Smile
Danik1
View Profile
Regular user
Saint-Eustache, Canada
184 Posts

Profile of Danik1
Hats off for Yannick Lacroix! Best performer of the Magic Jam in my opinion! Great man, great performer, great teacher!

I also loved Chris Pilsworth performances, philosophy about creativity and wicked ideas that he shared whit us. I'd love to see his show in a near future. I'm gonna have to get my butt in Ottawa to see his show!

I liked a lot of the things Bob Fitch said and shared with us. He's a great man with a great mind about magic. I would ask him advice for my show or for one of my effects on any day without hesitation. I'm sure I would improve a lot of things by listening to what he would suggest me.

I know the man is getting older, but I thought it was rough to see the man drop his coins to the floor and flash his coins all day long. I founded hard to watch him on a downward spiral during his presentation. The guy is a great lecturer, a great mind with nice ideas but I thought his technique was weak. Maybe it was just a bad day for him!

Anyway, I'd like to thanks Grant McSorley, Marc Trudel, Stephane Bourgouin and others involved in that wonderfull day that was the Montreal Magic Jam. Can't wait untill next year's Magic Jam!!!

Danik
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Montreal Magic Jam Sept. 23, 2006 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL