The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Contest: Win a book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4076 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Here's your chance to use your imagination and possibly win a book. The prize is my hardcover book, 21st Century Coin Mechanics,with Companion Video CD and bonus 100 year old dollar size solid Chinese Coin (a $56 value).

I've written another book which is twice the size of the first. The title is Kingdom of the Red... and two dozen and one acts of deception. This is a book geared to the average magician and overall has easier material. There are original effects using, cards, dice, balls, rope, cords, rings, bills, apparatus you can build, predictions, flourishes, and even coins. There are over 400 b/w photos with full descriptions and detailed scripts. There's even a companion DVD with demos and teaching that complements the book. The book should be out by Spring 2007.

How do you win? I list three chapter headings from the new book and you come up with what the effect is:

Ch 7- Gateway Through Space and Time (coins)
Ch 8- Haunted Cabinet (handkerchief, ball, glass, coins)
Ch 5- Entropy (cards)

Rules- 3 guesses maximum (1 guess consists of three parts)

Staff at Gyromagnetic Press are excluded from the contest. They should be working and not amusing themselves on-line. Smile

Good Luck!!!

-Larry
Counting On Deception www.barnowskymagic.com
The Book of Destiny http://www.barnowskymagic.com/bookofdestiny.html
Kingdom of the Red Book and DVD http://www.barnowskymagic.com/kotr1.html
21ST CENTURY COIN MECHANICS www.barnowskymagic.com
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3108 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan

One by one, the coins travel to elsewhere in space and time as they are placed at the location of the Gateway. Then the performer recovers them from the Gateway where he placed them.

The glass is shown empty, and then covered by the handkerchief and the ball is placed on top to seal the glass. When the ball and handkerchief are removed, there are coins in the glass.

Ch 5- Entropy (cards)

Entropy normally increases, but not for a magician. A deck shuffled by the magician that is clearly mixed up ends up ordered by suits and values, similar or identical to new deck order. A chosen card is somehow special, i.e. it is missing from the spread, or reversed, etc. (Is that too general?).
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1478 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.

The magician has a little device that act as a door to the magical space. (the door could be a matchbox, or a purse frame, or any little magical object). As the coin goes through the door, he disappears, just to rematerialize anywhere else (perhaps another door is somewhere else, where the coins reappear.)

Covered with the hankerchief, the coins are heard clinging in the glass. The ball is even see moving throught the handkerchief (ala "the thing") by moving it up.

Ch 5- Entropy (cards)

A brand-new deck becomes shuffled. Then he gets older. Then it desintegrates just to become caloric energy.
(Well, I'll try better on my next shot Smile )
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3505 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift

An American silver dollar is shown and the date noted. The spectator signs the coin. Then the coin is passed through the gateway (the hands) and emerges as a 100 year old chinese coin. With the spectators initals intact. A true reputation maker.

A handkerchief, ball, glass, coins (chinese) are shown. The the ball is wrapped in the hankerchief and placed in a glass, the glass is then placed into a "haunted cabinet". The spectator selects one of the coins and scratches his/her initials on the coin using an "enchanted nail". The the coin is flipped into the air and the "enchanted nail" is throw at it in mid air. The nail can be seen to penetrate the coin. But what is this? When the impaled coin lands on the table it it seen to be an impaled English Penny with the words "look inside the haunted cabinet" scratched on the surface. The cabinet is opened and the glass removed, the handkerchief is taken from around the ball. Then, using one of those little saws that Doctors use to remove a cast, the ball is cut open along it's equator and the original coin is found inside. Everything is fully examinable. (except the "enchanted nail").

Ch 5- Entropy (cards)

A card is selected (semi-free choice). Then it is returned to the pack and the pack is shuffled. The magician explains that this is an incredible trick and informs the spectator that this one is really going to "Fry Your ASS". Just about that time, the spectator feels a warmth on his/her backside. It slowly goes from a low heat to very very hot. The spectator is clearly experiencing some form of mild discomfort. The magician says "what's going on? Are you allright?" when the spectator responds that their butt is getting hot, the magician instructs them to reach into their back pocket. In the spectators back pocket the card is discovered and passed out to show that it is still warm to the touch.

Contest over boys. I think I nailed this one.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

Vandy, you didn't specify whether it was a plaster or fibreglass cast. Please be precise. Smile

Jonathan and Bill: good guesses and I see you're using your imagination.

For those of you who want to see a picture of the book go to:
http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/......cket.pdf

or

http://www.qualitymagicbooks.com/?nd=full&key=2924

or my website listed in tiny print below.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1031 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan

One (or perhaps three) coins are placed through a hole formed by the magician's hand. The portable black hole acts as a "Gateway Through Space and Time' which effectively vanishes everything that goes through it. Whats the catch? The coins are so 'gone' the only way to get them back is to travel backwards in time.

An innocent looking shotglass becomes an 'impromptu' spirit cabinet. The magician places a few coins beneath the glass and covers the set up with a hankerchief. Within moments of being covered in darkness, the forces in the room start to act upon the contents of the glass and cause them to move about under the glass, their clinking is clearly heard. The coins and glass are removed and a small ball, when placed under the cover of darkness, also rolls around on the table.

Ch 5- Entropy (cards)
Entropy - The natural force of disorder has found it's way into the magician's deck of cards. Following the separation of the entire deck, the magician takes several red and black cards, places them on the table, and prepares for the forces of nature to take place. He cleanly spreads the cards to reveal their now mixed nature. To his dismay, this reverse oil and water happens several times. Perhaps only these cards were messed up. The magician goes back to the deck to get a few more red and black cards, only to find that the forces of entropy have already shuffled the deck.

Derek Merdinyan
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
The following is probably NOT what it will end up being, but if his first book was any indication, I expect these to exceed and surpass everyone's expectations

gateway trhough space and time

A coin routine with purpose. While anyone can wax poetic about time and black holes and quantum physics, how many can truly demonstrate it? Although I clearly cannot, and neither can anyone living do so, those items that have been overexposed to the fourth dimension (time) can. With these words, an incredibly old, chipped morgan dollar is brought out. Slowly we bring it up to our time and it doesn't regenerate, but REVERT back to its original conditions. From an old black coin to a shiny new coin. Of course, this is just time. What about space? A one coin flurry follows, by putting the coin in various air pockets and retrieving it from said coordinates in mid-air. This continues until some time loop occurs and the morgan in all it's forms suddenly appear in a fan. As quickly as they come, the universe collapses and ends. Just kidding, but since this breaks the laws of physics and we aren't quite sure how to send these backs, we just push these all through a wormhole, sending them away, a mystery to never be explained.

spirit cabinet.

You got me. I'm clueless. Maybe a coin penetration routine with some sort of seird biiard ball ending?

Entropy
Such a rarely used word. Random seems much more active in todays vocabulay, but that's only because true entropy no longer is. entropy is not randomness, as all those quack scientists would have you believe, but a state of mind. An ordnary (he-he) blue pack of cards is brougt out and shuffled. Despite this, the deck isn't actually shuffled. Or is it, as with another spread the deck instantly appears mixed. Of course, it's only appears mixed, as if you take a look carefully, you'll see they ahve seperated into suits. And then slowl,y colors as well. Yet when you ahnd the deck out to a spectator, they hold a completely mixed deck in their hand. Not sure as to why they should see this, as nothign ever actually happened, and the cards were never mixed at all. Rather, experiencing this state of entropy has actually rendered some of the spectator's other senses (not just their sixth sense) out of context as the deck now seems to be RED!

These routines sound too impossible to be true, and therefore, larry has come up with a (probably) knucklebusting method using brand new sleights that will let you perform such miracles, if oyu happen to have seven hands.

Maybe I can win a least likely to win award for this post? Either way, great to hear a new book is coming up and here's to hoping it exceeds all my (clearly impossible) expectations.

Sincerely,
Noel Dominguez.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

HINT:
For Gateway Through Space and Time, the first part uses coins and a prop. The second part uses coins and some cards.
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
Looking forward to your new book.

Gateway through space and time: 4 coins go back in time by passing through a small metal time chamber (Okito box or rattle box?) They then reassemble under a playing card where they started.

Haunted cabinet: Coins vanish one at a time from a handkerchief and are heard to land in a glass in the cabinet. A ball vanishes from the handkerchief and appears in the cabinet within the glass.

Entropy: A card is selected. Cards are mixed and the disordered cards come to order so all the cards are in groups of same value cards. These are shuffled and spread face down. Marks on the back of the deck form a message which indicates the selected card.

Am I in the ballpark?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

Yes you are. You're near second base. Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
15046 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2006-09-16 10:57, Larry Barnowsky wrote:
Yes you are. You're near second base. Smile

But you may need steroids to help you on this one... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
Here's guess #2 based on some research I did.

Gateway through space and time
Uses some coins and an okito box. The okito box is a black hole and coins put in it are vanished or made to re-appear somewhere else. Leter, cards are brought out and the idea of wormholes are demonstrated as coins go from card to card. As a nice ending (if it's not in there, I would love to see this.)the coins all vanish and re-appear int he okito box to show time travel, although I don't think this is right.

haunted cabinet.

If the effect matches the title. Some coins are stacked. A ball is put on top of them and a chost glass ontop of that. the coins are encapsulated and cannot be reached. The whole thing is covered with a ahndkerchief whereupon noise is heard. WHen the whole thing is unfurled everythign looks as it should. For a kicker ending, the coins could vanish after much of the tapping, and myabe be found in the ball.

Entropy.

Entropy means randomness, which we know is not entertaining, so I'm betting this is an OTW variant.

I'd read the post wrong before and thoguht we had to coem up with tricks to the titles, and now I realized hpow erratic and od my post sounds, goign on and on about so many detaisl I couldn't know since I'd misunderstood what was being asked.

Ohwell, I'm pretty sure I'm near the ballpark with this guess, and if not I have one more.

Good luck to whoever wins!
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3108 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Ok, I have three more guesses. My first guess is a refinement of my earlier guess.

Previously, I wrote:
Quote:
One by one, the coins travel to elsewhere in space and time as they are placed at the location of the Gateway. Then the performer recovers them from the Gateway where he placed them.

The gateway is an Okito box, and they reassemble under four cards, one coin under each card. (Good lead-in and setup for a matrix routine!)

Ch 8- Haunted Cabinet
The coins are made to dissapear (not vanish) in a handkerchief, and appear in the glass. The handkerchief is placed over the glass, and a ball is then made to dissapear a different method and appears in the glass.

Ch 5- Entropy (cards)
Entropy is a presentation for Triumph, or a routine very similar to Triumph. The chosen card is found in the deck reversed, and the entire deck is in new deck order with the chosen-reversed card in the right place. The magician defeats chaos by reversing entropy.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

Hi Harishjose,
This must be about my tenth contest. I've awarded prizes for everyone and none have been deleted. I'm not aware of Café rules against it. I do this for fun and of course to get people aware of my books. One of the most popular contests was "How many magicians does it take to screw in a light bulb?" I've given away Chinese coins, Morgan silver dollars, my coin book, and other goodies. Other Café members have had contests as well There have been winners as far away as Germany.

So far the guesses have been very good. As always, the prize will be awarded to the entry that comes closest.

-Larry
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6113 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Ch 7- Gateway Through Space and Time (coins).
A coins across followed by a reverse matrix.

Ch 8- Haunted Cabinet (handkerchief, ball, glass, coins).
A Sefalaljia type of effect combined with a ghostly misers dream.

Ch 5- Entropy (cards)
Just using the heat from your hands cards animate, rise or float.

By the way Larry. Thanks for the Chinese coins and contests. Very nice of you to offer these and your products.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2343 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Guess #1 (and probably only):

Chapstick 7 - Gateway Through Space & Time

52 coins are balanced on the end of a broomstick, which is actually a 17th century time device. Balancing the broomstick on his/her nose, the magician suddenly snaps the broomstick into the air, where the coins vanish in a flash of flash paper. Pointing to the table, where a cardbox has been sitting reading the paper all this time, the magician has the spectator open the box. Inside, sandwiched on either side of almost every card, is each coin. This surprises the spectator, since the box was normal sized and the mass removed is many times its capacity. The magician now takes the cards and the coins and performs the world's most complicated matrix effect.

Champster 8 - the Haunted Cabinet (ooooo, so spooky!)

The coin has itself tied up and manacled, and locked inside a dark cabinet. Once the doors are latched, a trumpet is heard to play, drums are beating, and suddenly an arm is thrust through the curtain on the window. This is subsequently exposed by a coin which belonged to Harry Keller.

Cheaper 9, I mean 5 (What a funny way to number chapters in a book!) - Entropy

The coins begin to rust in full view of the audience. Then the magician begins to age. Abruptly, the coins and the magician both crumble to dust.

Suddenly a pirate ship appears on the horizon.

Or maybe not.

*jeep!
--Gran'pa Chet
"Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance...'UNDER GOD.' Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?" --"Red" Skelton, 1969.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

It's not close but maybe you should sell its concept to DC. Smile
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2343 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Quote:
On 2006-09-18 15:10, Larry Barnowsky wrote:
It's not close but maybe you should sell its concept to DC. Smile

I don't think Detective Comics, Inc. would find much use for it. <big foolish grin>

*jeep!
--Gran'pa Chet
"Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance...'UNDER GOD.' Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?" --"Red" Skelton, 1969.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1478 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Second guess:

Coins progressively appear in a "prop" (let's say an Okito-gateway-box) and then, going back in time, disappears as they appeared. But wait, they haven't really disapperaed, they traveled through space to under some cards, which open to a space-travelling-matrix routine.

An emply glass is shwon and hidden from view (maybe in the silk). Coins are vanished (maybe with the help of the silk if the silk isn't covering the glass) and meant to reappear in the glass. But wait, something is wrong and things don't happen as planned. What's wrong: when double-checking the glass, the magician discovers that a big ball is taking all the room in the glass, preventing the coins to go in.

Ch 5- Entropy (cards)

As the entropy is progressively uniformizing the differences, the effect MUST be ( Smile ) a progressive triumph. A card is chosen and the deck is mixed with cards face-up and face-down. Then, only the cards of the same color than the chosen card are seen to be face-up. Then only the correct suit. Then only the chosen card, and then no card at all.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

Hints:

ch. 7- In the first part there is a "coin box" which I created. You can't buy it but I teach you how to make one from readily available parts.
Only four half dollars and 4 cards are used in the second part, no Schneider Pick Up type moves or matrix moves are used, one easy sleight is used, no shells, could be done surrounded.

ch. 8- the glass is the key, each of the three magical events involve the glass in the cabinet.

ch. 9- the spectator shuffles the cards face up into face down. Normal deck.

Have fun. Hopefully we'll have a winner by this weekend. Smile
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
7- Four Dollars jump one at a time from the coin box to four cards, then they all jump at once back to the box.

8- Four coins penetrate a silk covered glass twice. They are then thrown into the glass again and transform into a ball.

9- Spec picks a card , shuffled the deck so it is mixed up, magician takes the deck, their card is found in the middle, face up in a large chunk of face down cards (or vica versa)
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth, UK
4310 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Do we have to get all three right? Yikes!!!

Ch 7- Gateway Through Space and Time
4 Coins and a small 'Pill box' are shown. The coins are placed into the box, but one at a time mysteriously vanish. As the coins are no where to be found, a Card trick seems to be a good place to go next. 4 cards are placed into a square formation. The cards are lifted to see the coins are back. One at a time the coins appear under one card, before finally they all appear in the pill box again which is under the leader card!

Ch 8- Haunted Cabinet
The glass is covered with a silk. The coins one at a time vanish and are heard to appear in the glass. The coins are taken out of glass as the magician squeezes his hand with the coins, the coins change into a silver ball. The silk is placed into the hand where it then changes into the coins again. Spooky!!!

Ch 5- Entropy
A card is chosen either by Peek or selection. The cards are shuffled face up into face down cards. The cards are spread and are all seen to face one way, except the selection which has a different coloured back.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

"Do we have to get all three right? Yikes!!!"

I don't expect anyone to get all three. The closest overall answers will win.

:)
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
C.A.M. forum Staff
213 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Here's my guess:

Chapter 7: Four coins are introduced from a small round box with a lid. The coins are taken out, and they vanish magically. The box, portrayed as a portal through space and time, is uncovered to reveal the missing coins. In the second phase, you use four cards to further demonstrate the thoughtful design of this magical gateway. The four coins are interlaced in between the four cards and one at a time coins vanish from in between the cards and appear inside of the portal. The fourth coin end the demonstration and the magician bows to thunderous applause.

Chapter 8: An empty glass is placed in a cabinet and the doors closed. Several coins are shown and vanish. Upon opening the cabinet, the coins are found inside of the glass. To make it more difficult, the magician covers the empty cup with a handkerchief and places it inside again. Again, the coins vanish and are found inside the cabinet inside of the glass with the handkerchief still on top. As a final attempt, the magician uses a ball as a stopper to seal the mouth of the empty glass completely. It is placed into the cabinet, the coins vanish, and are impossibly found in the aforementioned glass. Many people soil themselves in surprise.

Chapter 9: The magician displays a deck of cards and speaks about the term entropy. He describes entropy as a measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system, the closed system being the deck. A card is selected, remembered and lost in the deck. Then, in a triumphant (pun intended) gesture, the cards are shuffled face up into face down: increasing the level of randomness and disorder among the cards. The magician explains that there are methods to decrease entropy: magical ways that only he has conceived. In a magical gesture, the cards are spread to show that every card has righted itself except for the selected card. Upon turning the deck over, every card in the deck is back in new deck order, or the least random and disorderly fashion, with no entropy. Several ambulances are invited after this performance, as a group of fragile seniors have witnessed this absolutely incredible feat and need to be wheeled to the hospital.

Here's hoping I'm close!

Ben
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3108 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Larry, thank you for running this contest!

The gateway is the card box. The coins are placed in the card box. When the card box is opened, the coins are gone and there are only four cards inside, which have traveled through the gateway to our space and time. The cards are removed and the box is shown empty, but when it is closed, the coins arrive and are heard to rattle inside the box, as they have returned from elsewhere. The box is opened and the four coins are dumped out.

Ch 8- Haunted Cabinet
The coins are each placed in the handkerchief, but a ghost take each and it is heard to clink inside the cabinet as it is dropped by the ghost into the glass. The cabinet is opened and all four coins are shown in the glass.
The glass is placed, or left, in the cabinet, and the ball is placed under the handkerchief. It too is taken by the ghost, and a noise is heard in the cabinet. When the cabinet is opened, the ball is inside the glass.

Ch 5- Entropy (cards)
This is a presentation for a routine similar to Simon Aronson's Shuffle-bored, i.e. the number of cards face up and face down are predicted, and other predictions are also made based on the contents of the packets, i.e. the number of red cards in each packet, or the number of court cards, etc..
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

HINTS:

Ch 5-No card is selected. Multiple riffle shuffles are done by you and the spectator. A pattern emerges from the entropy.

Ch 7-In the first phase no coins vanish or appear in the "coin box".

Ch 8-Magical things happen to the coins, silk, and ball IN the cabinet (three phases). All three events in the cabinet occur by original methodology which requires no skill other than good presentation. The figurine on the top is placed in the cabinet during the performance.

plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of plungerman
CH 8 - The glass, ball and coins are placed in the box. Silk is over the glass. The figure is placed in the magician position (the jokes are built-in). On the first closing and opening the door, the ball is in the glass under the silk. The second phase could start here or go back to the first posistion. On the second closing and opening, the coins are in the glass under the ball and under the silk. The magician figure wants to take a bow and be done, but the rule of threes has one more to go. Third closing and opening reveals the magician figure vanishes. He is revealed inside the glass standing on top of the coins (he must get paid) but below the ball and silk still on top of the glass.

CH 9 - Entropy The patter is that even intelligible (new deck) order is one of all the possible random variations. Similar combinations give a perfect hand of bridge or poker when dealt. You just have to know which way the entropy is blowing. Procedure: Have the spectator shuffle half and you shuffle half, then shuffle these together(technique alert). Repeating this process gives you three phases (at least) of a well shuffled deck used to deal winning hands in different games of cards. So far so regular. Now a change, the deals and games are fixed at the start with the spectator's free choice of card games making the magic. "Too bad you chose black jack cus were drawing a straight. Maybe we want to try poker again." Just an idea about showing card mastery to the spectator where their own choices let them lose, then win (keep them happy). Instead of card games, Call to Colors could be the test of entropy. Much easier to follow.

CH 7 Gateway: Three chinese coins are removed from a coin box (or purse, or salt shaker). The box is how we in the West carry and gaurd things. In China, the simple way is to carry the coins threaded on a cord. Between these two methods is a magic gateway (cymbal crash). Spectator holds the cords ends while the magician fans the threaded coins. One is pulled down the cord and disappears at a respectible distance from the others. The second is shown fairly on the cord, then pulls off, then vanishes (one hand please). The two are shown in the coin box and replaced, either as each travels or at this point. The third is the reverse. With all her might the spectator makes a wish. Instead of the third coin vanishing, the other two return onto the cord she is holding, loud noise as they land on the cord with the third. Magician standing well away for this (thanks Apollo and Shoot). Banking patter and foriegn exchange banter. Don't forget to praise the young lady on her early withdrawl technique, Ha Ha. Family entertainment for all.

Any methods not instantly aparent you can PM me about. I'm starting with the Gateway trick. It should look pretty fine.

Plungerman
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

More Hints:

To repeat a previous hint:
ch. 8- the glass is the key, each of the three magical events involve the glass in the cabinet.

Note the pedestal on the right. The Chinese figurine is used in telling the story. It is not necessary for the effect.
magician 336
View Profile
Inner circle
1301 Posts

Profile of magician 336
CH 6-the magician cuts the deck and so does the spectator only to find the deck in new order.
Ch 7-the magician fails to have coins appear in a small brass box but insted appear in his pocket(or where ever)then the coins actually travel to the box in a magical way.
ch 8-the magician tells a story about a ghost of a japanese warrior where when a ball is placed into a cabnet with a glass and a statue,where the box is shut.upon opening the box the ball is now inside the glass.the maician the places a hankey into the box,in the glass and when removed it is in a knot.the magician finally removes the statue and closes the box and upon looking inside everything is back to normal(or a backfire ending).

I look forward to getting both of you books and I wish everyone else the best of luck,may the best person win.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4076 Posts

Very imaginative answers. I'll end this soon so please submit your answers ASAP. The person with the best overall answers will win the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New Contest: Win a book (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.527821 seconds, requiring 110 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [9] [8] [7] [0] [3] [6] [7]