The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Session/lessons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

an76
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of an76
Hi, I am new to sleight of hand card magic. (maybe 6 months practice). I'm searching for experienced card magicians to session with and/or take lessons from in northern/central new jersey. very interested in becoming well-versed in sleight of hand card magic.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I haven't gone although I really should. Joe Rindfleisch and a bunch of other guys get together and session Monday nights. I think it's still going on. Read the link for more info and PM him.

Sessioning in NJ
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
What does it mean to "session"?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
It means getting together and showing each other moves, new routines, techniques, etc. It's basically a way for magicians to talk about magic and learn from each other. No strings attached, and you'll walk away with some new friends in the process.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
You should definatly take advantage of that.
the only person I had the opportunity to have this kind of session with was a 52 year old magician from the town where I go to college.he is very experienced but he does stage magic. I am mainly a close-up kind of guy , anywhere nowhere near stage and you can imagine that we didn't have much material to share.
anyway it was very helpful for both of us. we discussed presentation, patter psychology and what not. you shouldn't pass this up.
good luck !

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Aren't there any IBM rings or SAM assemblies in your area? Check the national websites at http://www.magician.org/index.htm for IBM or http://www.magicsam.com/ for SAM to locate a group close to home.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Another idea if you really don't have an IBM or SAM group close to you...which would be really unlikely as there are like a zillion of them on the East coast, but if you really don't here is an idea that's pretty cool: Find the publications in your area that offer FREE classifieds. Place as many as possible with the aim to find anyone else in your area interested in starting an informal magic club! With any luck you can get 6-10 guys (even 2-3 more would be better than none) together for a weekly or bi-weekly time of helping each other out with your magic.

Quite a few clubs have been formed this way that went on to affiliate later with IBM or SAM, so you might give it a try. Best,
Brad Burt
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
Attend as many conventions, seminars, and lectures as you can.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If you are planning to do "Gospel Magic," try attending "Fellowship of Chistian Magicians" meetings: http://www.fcm.org/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Session/lessons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL