The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Magic scholarships? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
Someone told me a while ago that one the two major organizations gives out magic scholarships. I searched for a bit and found nothing though.

Does anyone know if this is simply a rumor, or if it is true, and where to find information?

While I am not an amazing magician, I am a fairly good scholar and already have some partial scholarships. I've been trying to find a way to get a full ride by winning some other scholarships in the two years (currently in 10th grade)I have left before I go to college.

I'm currently only a member of the IBM, so I'm hoping that it would be this one rather than SAM, but I may end up joining SAM specifically for this if I might be able to achieve it.

If anyone has any information on this, please post it or PM it to me.

Thank you,
Noel DOminguez
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Hello Noel,

Are you talking about scholarships for college? Or scholarships to learn magic?

I have been checking around and so far what I have learned about what you heard regarding scholarships was probably a rumor.

Your membership does allow you to learn magic from the Linking Ring magazine and soon from the I.B.M's Website "Members Area." You can join as many Rings as you wish, attend their meetings and their lectures. Most Rings teach magic on a regular basis and have a library.

You will also learn a lot while attending every International I.B.M. convention.

I started learning magic through the I.B.M when I was 14 and for the most part I learned everything I know from what I just described. I am no 53. I made a good living as a professional magician. The secret to becoming a successful magician is experience. (I have forgotten more magic over the years than I will ever perform.) Once you have studied magic and you have perfected the classics what's most important is your live performance time.

The more you perform the better you will get. Find someplace you can perform over and over again and again.

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
Many IBM rings have opportunites for schlorships to learn magic for kids. For example, the Las Vegas ring will is in the process of having a competition to support a competitor for next summer's covention in Reno.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Lee,

I am so excited to hear this.....

It has been my desire to see all of our Rings do the exact same thing.

When I was on the board for the I.B.M. I presented this idea with hopes to encourage to get the Rings involved in promoting their best members.

I am so happy to hear that you have taken upon yourself to make this idea come true.

Please let me know how it goes.

I will be in Reno cheering on all the contestants.

Steve Hart

I.B.M. membership Committee Chairman
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
magicleo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicleo
I BELIEVE that it was the SAM, but sources on this board may sway it to beleiving the IBM. I belong myself to the IMA, an IBM ring.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Magic scholarships? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL