The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best 'coins across' using an.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
...expanded shell?

Hi all,

I'm interested in any sources you may have for 'coins across' routines (ie. coins travelling invisibly, one at a time, from one hand to the other) that use an expanded shell.

I'd appreciate any input here; books, DVD's, whatever. What's your favourite method for this? Where can I learn it or perhaps even see it performed?

Reason I'm asking? A guy showed me a really nice coins across routine with a shell at Blackpool a couple of years ago. He briefly showed me the work on it and I remember being very impressed. He said he didn't invent it and he told me who did but I've forgotten that and I've also forgotten any specifics of the routine too. Anyone who's been to the Blackpool convention can surely sympathise about seeing something through blurred eyes at 3.00am and not remembering anything about it the next day! Anyway, I'm trying to find out what that routine was and imagine that looking for it this way should be rather enjoyable!

Any help appreciated but remember, it must use an expanded shell!

Cheers,

Dave.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I do DG's personal safe daily. its a favoriate of mine
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Hi Dave, what I recommend is one of my favourite coins across routine.
it is called "your personal safe" .it is a Daniel Garcia routine.
to briefly explain what the effect consists of ... you start out with 3 coins and borrow a ring from a spectator.the coins travel one at a time from your hand to their's.the last coin visibly changes into the spectators' ring that vanishes from their own hand.
I love this routine . it does require a little practice but it is well worth it,trust me.Smile
you can find it either on the 1st vol of the Daniel Garcia Project DVDs' or in his lecture notes "blueprints" that are available through Lybrary.com
all the best

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks guys,

Seems to be a popular one, the first two replies suggest it! I'll check it out.

Any more anyone?

Thanks,

Dave.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Roth's "Shelled Coins Across" is still one of my favorites.
If you have Bobo's MCM check out Chapter XII for some good ideas using a ].
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Larry Jennings has a fairly straight forward routine in his book The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I agree Jaz...

David Roths Shelled coins across is great stuff...

It is practical and hard hitting..

Shawn.
Shawn.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Check out the New York Coin Magic Seminar Vol 1 - Coins Across. The entire 2 dvd set is on coins across. I got lots of mileage from it. Money well spent.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
It's not "really" a coin across routine, but "Extrordinary" by Troy Hooser is one of the best routine I've ever seen.
In love with magic!
Aubrey_T
View Profile
Regular user
Paso Robles
175 Posts

Profile of Aubrey_T
Roth's Coins Across is nice and so is Al Schneider's coins across that you can see on his website...always looks very nice on that last coin.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Thanks for all the resources so far peeps.

Keep 'em comin'!

Dave.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Dave,

Some other versions are Derek Dingle's "Silver Quick," my "Money In Their Hand" on volume #1 of my Scripted Insanity DVD set, and Jon Allen's "Coins Across" on his Spectators Don't Exist tape.

Best, Larry
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
With a shell, I use Cody Fisher's Turtle Coins. With a flipper, I use Ron Jaxson's Flip-M-Out. Fabulous material. Thanks to both for their creativity.
Patrick
Darrell Trammell
View Profile
New user
Chicago Illinois
92 Posts

Profile of Darrell Trammell
David Roth's "Shelled coins across" from his book "Expert coin magic" should be MANDATORY study for anyone wanting to use a shell for a coins across routine.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Shelled coins across is definately my favorite. If at all possible, look around for Homer Liwag's routine "Four Coins and a Filipino."
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
One not mentioned in Mike Eaton's "No Fear Coins Across". It is in pamphlet form, I don't think that it is in any of his lecture notes.

Also, Paul Getner's "A Familiar Ring" is a coins across, isn't it, or am I getting confused again?

My vote for a coins across in Paul Harris' PDQ2. It uses 4 coins and no sh**l, but it is a nice routine.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I have been taking a liking to a Gregory Wilson effect from Gregory Wilson In Action volume 1. It isn't a coins across, more like a 3 coin production and 3 coin vanish using an expanded shell. It is called Fistful Of Dollars.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
As this thread grows my bank account depletes, oh well.

Thanks everyone for your input, keep them coming folks!

Dave.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
There is also Roger Klause 3 coins across routine. It's called Triple Play. It is on his Encore Performance Vol 2 video put out by A-1 MultiMedia.
eddieproton
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of eddieproton
I love Paul Wilsons crowded coins. It is on the "Knock'em dead" video and is a leason in misdirection that you will use in all your magic. The second that looks like "Real Magic" and uses 3 ungaffed coins is silver dream by Justin Miller. It takes practice but is a routine that had me guessing what kinds of gaffed coins he was using, and he was using only three real coins. This is the stuff of ledgends. Lots of work but worth it.

Eddieproton
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best 'coins across' using an.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL