The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Enhancing Your Ability to Work Wonders - by Brad Burt » » Just saying hey... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Dear Café Gang:

Steve Brooks is a really cool guy. He let me convince him that I would be perfect to write essays on magic in the Buffet (not Jimmy) section. Hopefully I'll be able to add value to a site that I consider utterly extrodinary.

Steve wanted me to make note that apparently I'm the only one who can post in this forum, but that's ok, because I am an almost fanatical reader of PM's. So, if you have comments just send them along! Please.

Also, I am ALWAYS open to suggestions for topics and even for suggestions on a way to re-examine a topic that has already been covered, but maybe from a differing perspective.

For those who know nothing about who I am....pretty much everybody I would imagine...I have been doing magic professionally for over 33 years. For about the first 20 or so I ran not only various magic shops, but the four magic schools that were associated with them. They were variously: The B & H School of Magic which became the Stan Allen School of Magic. That was in Los Alamitos in Orange County. From there I went to San Diego to run Chuck Martinez's Magician's World and the Magician's World School of Magic. Eventually I opened my own magic shop and of course began the Brad Burt School of Magic. Hey, I had to get 'there' eventually!

I have done pretty much everything except produce small white birds from hankies and change women to lions. Oh, I never hung upside down and escaped from a strait jacket!

Several years ago I became quite ill and that led to closing down my store and going online full time. This helped a lot, but I missed the 'gang' in the store. The Café has become a great place to hang out and since I was already writing a bunch of Essays on various aspects of magic for my own online list I thought I could share them here as well.

Thus the note to Steve begging him to let me give it a try! Steve is not only one of the nicest people I know, but he hates to have a grown man whine at him, so he relented and let me try out my hand as a "Café Columnist". He's way cool.

So that's it. I have what I think are some really cool ideas on what and where to go with this and since I am one of the most disorganized people I know I was hoping that in a year or so I would actually have an entire books worth of material posted up here and already organized into chapters, etc.

Take care and back at you soon. Sincerest regards,

Brad Burt
Brad Burt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Enhancing Your Ability to Work Wonders - by Brad Burt » » Just saying hey... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL