The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Penomenon JBTV Magic, Your comments? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wickedx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Wickedx
Thinking about purchasing this, and wondered what you guys thought.

Thanks for all and any opinions, Paul
I Defy Logic, They Question Reality.
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Hi
I'm not so exciting....
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
Hmmm... I have a friend who has one and personally I don't like it. The gimmick is noisy and to anyone with a magical eye is clearly a bit dodgy. I'm not sure how a layperson might respond but I suppose done in the right environment would be impressive. I saw Paul Zenon do a good presentation of it in a noisy pub where he placed it on the rim of a wine glass and it did its magic. But that may have been performed with the psychokinetic pen which I have heard is better.
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
The gimmick is noisy??? Eh? There is no gimmick with Penomenon !
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
kArDMaStA
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
33 Posts

Profile of kArDMaStA
If you want to do science experiments instead of magic - go for it. I don't think it looks real magical either. But it's personal preference I suppose.

Smile
Sneakers
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
106 Posts

Profile of Sneakers
I was also disappointed, however the devil is in the presentation with this one. If you do a bit of psychokinetics in your act anyway, the Pen is perfect. I don't, so I found that it didn't really fit my personal style. It is a personal issue though.

If you *do* go for it, do yourself a favour and get the EM Pocket Charger by Mark Allen from your favourite magic shop. You'll get more movement from the pen and your hand can be further away.

<<BTW - I'm a bit baffled by sak07's post as well. Neither the Penomenon nor the EM Pocket Charger make any noise at all. Curious!>>

Cheers!
sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
I apologize if I have given inaccurate information, but I have a friend who possesses a 'moving pen' and it does make a clicking sound when the gimmick is activated.

If this isn't penomenon then I apologize. My mistake.
Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
150 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
Quote:
On 2002-12-28 07:46, Sneakers wrote:
I was also disappointed, however the devil is in the presentation with this one. If you do a bit of psychokinetics in your act anyway, the Pen is perfect. I don't, so I found that it didn't really fit my personal style. It is a personal issue though.

If you *do* go for it, do yourself a favour and get the EM Pocket Charger by Mark Allen from your favourite magic shop. You'll get more movement from the pen and your hand can be further away.

<<BTW - I'm a bit baffled by sak07's post as well. Neither the Penomenon nor the EM Pocket Charger make any noise at all. Curious!>>

Cheers!

Can you just give away the secret..people just cause someone askes about an effect we dont have to tell them how it is done...and with your statement above you have just givin a HUGE HUGE HUGE clue. I sugjest that this thread be removed or edit your post...anyone can come on and say "hey I was thinking about buying (insert trick) whatcan you tell me about it...." and bam secret is out.

as for the pen..I have the effect its strong and the thing that the person said above is not needed...its a good effect...in the right area.

Michael Graves

" 2 people can keep a secret if 1 is dead"
Wickedx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Wickedx
i have decided against getting it, and there fore this thread is no longer needed, and as it won't let me delete it could one of the staff please delete it,
and thx for all your comments guys,

appreciated,
Paul
I Defy Logic, They Question Reality.
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2003-01-04 15:42, Michael Graves wrote:Can you just give away the secret
He didn't "tip" the method.

Publicly viewable ads for the EM charger say pretty much what he did.

Now if someone really wanted to give a clue, they would reference the tarbell book and the "moving straw" trick.

Let's not give him too much static over this eh? Smile
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Michele
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
301 Posts

Profile of Michele
I've it and EM charger. but I never use the EM charger !
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I saw the JB TV clip,

Worst Presentation Ive ever seen.

Does he need to get that close just to move the pen. (he almost touches the pen)

I can move the pen from 6 to 7 inches away.

Topsy
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Re:The posting from "Topsy", penomenon works better for some people than others(without tipping the method). I recently visited Mark and asked him to dem the item, he said himself that he wasnt personally having much of a result with it ( Darren ,who works with him has no problem with it )but has plenty of buyers who think it is great...he showed me what was achievable using the e.m. pocket charger and we both had brilliant results.The question is are you using the charger or just good at the old motions ?
E.O.I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Penomenon JBTV Magic, Your comments? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL