The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver Dream Timing Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I posted this in Secret Sessions to no reply, and I realize Justin is on the road, so I'm hoping someone in here can help with this... I'm having some trouble with the timing of the move on the first vanish. Either my fingers aren't positioned properly or I'm trying to execute the sleight too soon. PM me if you have any advice. Thanks!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hard to answer that here. Might be better to just wait for Justin to come back. He'll be back soon. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
It is both timing and misdirection that hides the vanish yet if your fingers are in the wrong position you will bind up when the moment happens.

Can you explain in more descriptive text what is going on ...either here or in a PM and I will try to do what I can to help.
I think the timing on the second vanish is more of a trouble spot because your doing several things at once but it is really fun once you get the knack/timing of it.
Later,
Mobius
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, that 1st vanish happens literally while making a "point." Smile It's all misdirection really, and what Justin is "saying" at the moment has as much to do with it as the actual vanish itself. Mobius is right, about he "timing" of it all. It happens in a real rhythm, movement of the hands, body, facial expressions and gestures. Just a beautiful effect in totality. Keep practicing rutabaga, it'll become clearer and clearer. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver Dream Timing Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL