The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » 10 Card Poker Deal at Eastbourne 2006 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

George Bleeks
View Profile
New user
Belfast, Northern Ireland
94 Posts

Profile of George Bleeks
Does anybody know if the version of the 10 Card Poker Deal, performed by Seth Kramer in the Close-up, is in print or on DVD? It really was one of the best presentations I have ever seen. Thanks a lot!

George
George Bleeks
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:
On 2006-09-27 05:22, George Bleeks wrote:
Does anybody know if the version of the 10 Card Poker Deal, performed by Seth Kramer in the Close-up, is in print or on DVD? It really was one of the best presentations I have ever seen. Thanks a lot!

George

Hi George,

The routine is my own construction compiled from several other 10 card poker deals including Harry Lorayne's and Darwin Ortiz'. Glad you liked it, however it's not in print or on DVD as I performed it.

Seth Kramer
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
George Bleeks
View Profile
New user
Belfast, Northern Ireland
94 Posts

Profile of George Bleeks
Hi Seth,

Thanks for the very prompt reply. The fact that the reply is from you has saved me hours and hours of searching. I really like the 10 Card Poker Deal but there are many performers who just cannot put it across. I particularly liked the fact that, even though you always won, the spectator was not made to feel stupid or embarrassed.

I really enjoyed the rest of your act, too!

Thanks again!

George
George Bleeks
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Regarding;
"I particularly liked the fact that, even though you always won, the spectator was not made to feel stupid or embarrassed."

This is a good point a few performers have thought about. I didn't see Seth's routine which was obviously excellent, but you might like to check out versions of the routine by Scott Guinn (where he always loses)and Robert Neale in which the performer doesn't actually take part (to be found in "Tricks of The Imagination").

The spectator never expects to win anyway, but as always, the presentation and attitude of the performer makes a big difference in this type of effect.

In Tim Ellis's marketed "Tim Card Poker Deal" the spectator wins two out of three deals, but the performer has said that this will happen before the game begins, and has a nice patter angle as to how the performer wins the last hand (which would be the big money hand).

Whether in be a demonstration of card sharkery or mental control there are plenty of nice presentations in print.

Paul.
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
I'm also very fond of David Solomon's routine that appeared in MAGIC Magazine as well as in John Bannon's book Dear Mr. Fantasy. It's a one phase routine, but it's very strong. I'm not familiar with the Ellis routine, but judging by reputation alone, I'm sure it's great.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Larry Becker has a version of this poker deal in his book Stunners called Hypnotic with uses jumbo sized cards and finishes with a climax of you predicting what your final hand will be dealt. Darwin O's routine Mexican Poker is pretty good too.

rick-
Self concept is destiny..
markhsmith
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of markhsmith
Quote:
On 2006-09-27 15:11, corpmagi wrote:
I'm also very fond of David Solomon's routine that appeared in MAGIC Magazine as well as in John Bannon's book Dear Mr. Fantasy. (...)

"REFRIED POKER" is an excellent version by R. Paul Wilson.
emptycupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of emptycupmagic
Where is "REFRIED POKER" in print?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes, I like Paul's "Refried Poker" very much. It's simple to do, and with just a little practice, it kills. He's offering the effect on his website as a download at an extremely nice price. I had been looking for a poker effect, that didn't use an entire deck, and that a spec despite seeing a packet wouldn't suspect. All the choice built in kills any such ideas and leaves them stunned. This is a well-thought out version of this classic. And again, it's pretty easy to do, cleverly smart and very clean. It's a winner, so give it a whirl. Smile -MB

http://www.rpaulwilson.com/circleofconfidence2.htm
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
emptycupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of emptycupmagic
Refried Poker is good but keep in mind that it's not a routine with many phases. It's a one-deal trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » 10 Card Poker Deal at Eastbourne 2006 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL