The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How practical is Zero Gravity for walkaround? Experiences? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5666 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I don't mean impromptu as much as an actual walkaround gig. So basically you go to the gig gaffed. (I like the way that sounds...)
Unless of course you happen to be wearing those shoes at just the opportune moment.
Any experiences on the actual practical real-world usefulness of this effect on a walkaround gig?
All input and info appreciated.

A great presentation would be to perform it first at the Balducci or the King Rising angle to the specs, especially if you've ascertained earlier that some are wise to FOX's exposure of the Balducci.
However, you actually put them at all the compass angles (if there are enough of them) around you and then perform it.
Then just walk away if you like, or not. (You might wanna give your biz cards at this moment!)
Anyone?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I was up close and personal as I assisted Mike when he performed this at a convention's dealers' room. He has a way of involving a spectator, that not only gets someone involved, but it kills the bad angle! If you want to take the time to make the gimmick I say, "Go for it". It is a great levitation!
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Though the effect is good, wearing the shoe everywhere you go is not really possible. Unless you have plan well, where you will be going, and when you have to perform it. Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5666 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
That's what I meant actually. For a walkaround performance not an impromptu presentation. Meaning you actually know you are going to use it for sure so you wear the shoe.
So anyone experienced with it?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 15: Zero Gravity – Mike Bent

AD:

Mike Bent's Zero Gravity is possibly one of the best self levitation besides the Balducci Levitation. EFFECT- You walk into a room with no covers no props or gimmicks. Then you levitate 4-5 inchess off the ground.
Both feet. This is a killer effect.

REVIEW:

Old unpractical method (see Soirees Fantastiques, Docc Hilford’s impromptu levitations video etc). Mr. Bent has added a small metal twist to the concept, which only complicates the original method.

My suggestion: go for the Elevator, or wait for something else.

Overall rating: Useless

H.
cardfreax
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
181 Posts

Profile of cardfreax
Mike Bent's Zero Gravity ???

I think I've never seen that levitation...has anyone got the demo clip of it that I can watch ? Or anyone know where I can watch the clip?

thx...
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Cardfreax,

This effect could be found at Hank Lee's site...
As fas as I know, there is no demo clip for this illusion but one thing for sure....
This effect is NOT PRACTICAL....

Hengky
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
584 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Yes, I totally agree with you Hengky.
It is NOT practical.
I don't think I will use it.

Balducci is something we will use and like to use.

Michael Lam Smile
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of 1908
Not practical never tried even to make the gimmick.My advice?If you want to levitate wait for something new.Actually i am not happy with all these self-levitations.
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How practical is Zero Gravity for walkaround? Experiences? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL