The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card thickness? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I don't know whether it should be here or not, but the discussion of the Bicycle Masters deck is here, so...

Can someone who has the different decks post their thickness?

Since measuring and giving numbers is relatively hard, I suggest comparing to a deck of regular bicycles. Take a 52 card deck of standard Bicycles. For cards that are thicker, how many of the thicker cards are the same thickness as the Bicycles? This comparison should be easy to do. For cards that are thinner than Bicycles, take 26 Bicycles and figure out how many cards are the same thickness and then multiply by 2.

As an example 33 Jumbo Bicycles are about the same thickness as 52 standard bicycles.

I realize that thickness isn't the whole story, but an curious about the thickness. I guess I could buy the decks and do the comparison myself, but I'm cheap.

On that last note, I just opened up a pack of Tahoes that I had stashed away and they are a little thinner that Bicycles, about 54 cards are the same thickness as 52 Bicycles. The Tahoes feel different though, they seem smoother and easier to handle without breaking them in.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
I had listed some popular card thicknesses measured with a digital micrometer in a past thread. You can view the list if you scroll down to my post.
Cadamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Thanks, I did a search but probably passed it by since the subject didn't seem to have anything to do with various thicknesses.

Anyone have information about the thickness of the Ellusionist cards?
Marty Sasaki

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'm curious. Why do you need to know?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Just curious. I figured if someone had a Masters deck and a regular bicycle deck that they could do the comparison.

So, I don't need to know...
Marty Sasaki

Winchinmagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Winchinmagic
Hi There !!!

This is my first time here in the forum. I want to know if any one knows about this trick I saw, It's with two transparent cards. The magician asked for a digital camera from an expectator and took a picture of one of the transparent card held by the expectator that she choose, then he forced a card from the regular deck to another person and joked that he couln'd find the card in the deck. Finaly he showed the picture from the digital camera, the transparent card reflected the chosen card (forced card). Big reactions from the crowd !!!!

Does any one know the name of the trick or any idea where to find the transparent
cards ?????
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
For what it's worth, I miked the Ghost cards and they measured .0115". The DB Split Spades miked out to be .0110". Theses are the only cards I have from Ellusionist.
Cardamagically,
<<<KRaZy4KaRdZ>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Who cares about science, those masters can cut cheeze!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card thickness? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL