The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » MUM Magazine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
I know, this probably should be in a different category, but I couldn't find one that would fit.
The question is: where can I get a subscription to MUM magazine, and how much is a subscription to Magic magazine?

Thanks very much,
F.D. Smile
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
MUM is easy to get...

Just find out where your local SAM (Assembly Society of American Magicians) is located and join.

MUM is free to all members.

Enjoy !
Long Island,

New York
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
I can't recommend MUM magazine highly enough. Ever since they gave it a new makeover, it has been outstanding.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi F.D.,

Here is a link to where you can join the SAM (Society of American Magicians).

http://www.magicsam.com/samshop/join.asp

MUM (Magic-Unity-Might) is the monthly magazine for SAM. As mentioned, since its face-lift, it is one of the best around.

If you need a sponsor (you need 2 to join), just let me know. I'll be glad to sponsor you and I can get you a second. Just PM me and we can work it out.

Take care, Mark.
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
However kind that offer is mrunge, I don't live in America, I live in the UK! Smile Smile Smile
Any other options?

Thanks very much,
Flourishdude - even more Smiles
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
That does not matter. They have an International Membership status you could join with. That should take care of it.

As mentioned, the only way to get the MUM magazine is by joining the SAM. It is NOT something that can just be subscribed to.

My offer still stands. Let me know if you want me to sponsor you and I'll get it taken care of. Email is a wonderful thing and makes the distance SOOO much shorter, almost like we're in the same place!

Mark.
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
Hi again, the problem is my age as well. How old do you have to be?

Thanks very much again,
F.D. Smile
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
To join SAM you must be 18 years or older. If one is between 7 and 17, they can join the SYM (Society of Young Magicians). Once they turn 18, they will be moved to the SAM class. The SYM is the same thing, only geared for the younger magician. I think they even have another publication specifically for the SYM.

Here is the link to the SYM. Here you will find all the information you might like to know.

http://www.magicsym.com/index.asp

You can also email Jann Goodsell at bravesjann@comcast.net .

She is the SYM National Director. Check with her and see what is needed to join regarding sponsors. If she says you still need some, just let me know and I'll take care of it for you.

Mark.
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
Why thank you very much!
I have printed out the form to join, and will join soon! Re sponsors, mrunge, I don't need them I think to join the SYM. But, a sponsor from you would still be useful - if that's OK?

Thanks very much that I can't describe how happy I am,
F.D. Smile
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
If you need a sponsor (check the application to see), send me a PM and I'll get my membership info to you for the application.

Best of luck. You'll enjoy being a member of the SYM!

Mark.
NiallTL
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of NiallTL
No,
I don't need a sponsor.
Anything about the Magic Magazine question?

Thanks again,
F.D. Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi Flourishdude,

This should answer your Magic magazine question.
http://www.magicmagazine.com/catalog/subscriptions.php

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
As an SYM member you will receive the Magic SYMbol each month. You will receive a little brochure that comes via mail and will give you a new password each month. All you do is take that password and enter it online and you have access to that month's (and previous) issue(s).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » MUM Magazine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL