The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Hallucination Leviation vs Gamalo Levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
I was wondering if anyone could share their recommendations for either the Gamolo Levitation or the Hallucination Levitation (Stevens Magic - http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7797)

Which is more practical? Which is more smooth in appearance?

I'm looking for a quality levitation that can be performed both indoors and out with no "board" for the person to float on.

Thanks!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Well, I love levitations too,
and I love simple one-person illusions.

However, I've never seen this type of levitation that did not necessitate the magician standing on some sort of little box for no logical reason at all.

Also, sometimes things don't go as smoothly in "real life shows"
as they might in magic demo videos.

A friend of mine sent me this video clip recently, I think it says it all:
http://www.pojoker.com/Video/GAMOLO.wmv

It would be the miracle of my magic career to find
a practical, portable, lightweight, flexible levitation
that would make sense and work smoothly, but I doubt it exists.

I do own a wonderful "Jack Gwynne style" walk-away Suspension which fills the bill and which I love (thanks to the re-paint and cosmetic design job done by Michael Moser a few years ago).

It does not go up-and-down so it's not a true levitation,
but it's my current solution until I find a wish Genii in my magic lamp!

As always feel free to email me privately,
Magically,
Walt
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Thanks Walt! I appreciate your thoughts!!
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Thanks for sharing that video link. I have always hated any levitation/suspension that required a cloth to be draped over the "floatee" like a blanket. Smile
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
It's not just the blanket that made it bad..

it was the whole thing.. the music.. the passing of the hoop (twice no less)... the "playing of the invisible piano" to make her float...

and it's a shame.. that the floatation is sooooo slow. I wish they'd invent one that went up... and then you suspended for long enough to show she's floating.. and she went down. It's not magic to me when the "levitation" is so slow that it's hard to even tell that she's moving at first..

If she "rose" up quicly enough.. magicians would spend less time playing an invisible piano to make her rise up.

grrrr...
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
Quote:
On 2006-10-24 13:09, makeupguy wrote:

it was the whole thing.. the music.. the passing of the hoop (twice no less)... the "playing of the invisible piano" to make her float...

and it's a shame.. that the floatation is sooooo slow. I wish they'd invent one that went up... and then you suspended for long enough to show she's floating.. and she went down. It's not magic to me when the "levitation" is so slow that it's hard to even tell that she's moving at first..

If she "rose" up quicly enough.. magicians would spend less time playing an invisible piano to make her rise up.

grrrr...

LOL Everything you are so right, it is all about presentation which and choreography.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Quote:
On 2006-10-31 16:50, sickmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-24 13:09, makeupguy wrote:

grrrr...

LOL Everything you are so right, it is all about presentation which and choreography.

And a Blaney Hoop
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Tank you for the video link about this levitation.
About this levitation is not clear and I do not apreciate illusions when cloth to be draped over the lady, this part is not clear! By the way wy?
He need 2 person/assistants the remove the#### and to must time to a simple up and down...
The best levitation is From Viktor Voitko.
You can look in:
http://www.magic-voitko.com
Look in "my acts" and you can apreciate the best levitation!
PS:This is my opinion...

Paulo
Patrick Miller
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Patrick Miller
Thanks for the video. I am also looking for a levitation. That performance really hurts the illusion. Was that his first time performing. He needs practice. Performances like that hurt magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Hallucination Leviation vs Gamalo Levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL