The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The very best card to wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
SeoMagi
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of SeoMagi
Hey guys... With all the card to wallets out there, the latest "Triple Threat" newly released and building page after page of discussion, I'm wondering if that's overall the best wallet on the market or if people beg to differ. If you don't mind, and you have a personal favorite card-to-wallet gimmick, please share
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
It depends on your needs. The Anything Wallet is a excellent choice if you like to do the Mercury Fold.

http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/anythingwallet.htm
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1040 Posts

Profile of deputy
I liked the jerry o connel wallet
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Best card to wallet is a 2x's backer in your wallet and a DL. Smile
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I love my hip style Jerry O'Connel wallet...
John Gerard
View Profile
Regular user
Guam
189 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I have a balducci and the hip pocket bombshell. The bombshell goes with me everywhere!
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Profile of Mark McDermott
I also use the "d backer" and your regular wallet.Keep it simple!

Mark
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1759 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I use Mullica wallet...
The reason of it is easy to handling and can do many effect with it. There are many routines in Card to Wallet book.

Cheers,
CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick"
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of algebraic
A good place to start might be getting the above mentioned book, Card To Wallet Book.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
2013 Posts

Profile of todsky
I have a FUN hip-pocket wallet, which is good for a palmed C2W. I also have the Triple Threat, which makes a no-palm C2W quite easy, and the insert can also be used for a peek. You should do a card to wallet search on the Café, and that'll keep you busy for a long time.
Glogal
View Profile
Regular user
Hollywood, California
155 Posts

Profile of Glogal
I love my 'The Phantom Of The Wallet' It's one of the best no palm wallet. And it's small!
Gigi
Mystification
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I can attest to the Card To Wallet book, excellent resource item for Card to Wallet.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5631 Posts

Profile of Regan
I use the Garnier Elite wallet.

Regan
Mister Mystery
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
1429 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I agree best card in wallet is a double backer different color then your deck now you also have a color change then back to the original color Signed !!!
Tops
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
4260 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Jerry o connel "billfold" wallet is my favourite, looks like a real wallet and it works like a dream.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6379 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Another great option for using your own wallet is Cody Fisher's "Impossible Signed Card to Any Wallet" which is sold as a stand alone effect or can be found on his dvd "Real Magic for Real People". Very good effect.
taller8
View Profile
Special user
Tumwater, Washington
812 Posts

Profile of taller8
The double backer is not the best, just the cheapest in my opinion. Having to put the card from the wallet back on the deck is the weakness. But it's a great alternative for sure.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
1882 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I suppose it REALLY depends on your needs. If you are working table to table, but do not like to palm... A Mullica type or my own Hip Pocket Bombshell works quite well... If you do like to palm, then the Real Mans Wallet comes to mind. Though truth to tell, the Triple Threat works BEAUTIFULLY with a palm. Sorry to reccomend products I designed, but I know what they do and fully familiar with their capabilities. Plus, they all look more like real wallets than many others I have seen.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
I use the hip pocket Mullica wallet.. Although it is a large wallet for a 16 year old to be carrying around, the jokes I use about the size eliminate that factor..

-Vinnie
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1161 Posts

Profile of magicbern
My favourite is the Doug Malloy Card to Hip Pocket Wallet. It is a well-constructed and amazing routine. And the wallet is top quality too!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2006-10-20 01:47, deputy wrote:
I liked the jerry o connel wallet

I agree totally
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
I carry the Tripple Threat ( http://rfaproductions.com/products/t3.htm ). It's a no palm wallet ( ok, I palm to it, but you don't have to ) it looks exactly like a real dept. store wallet.

Chris

oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
631 Posts

Profile of oombob
So old-fashioned. I just have my much loved Mullica. Love my Mullica. Mullica. Mullica.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tripple Threat has a Mullica feature. OH, what a clever invention this was!!

Chris

tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
1429 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Taller 8 your right the db is the cheapest but what I like about it for walk around is you don't need another prop wallet in the pocket . I also like my Mullica wallet with the autograph routine.
Tops
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
1429 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Magic Chris with Tripple threat wallet do you have enough cover to load with No Palming ? looks a bit small ? or is the card folded inside the wallet ?
Thanks
Tops
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tophatter, here's what I do for folks that don't want to palm:

An ambitious routine, then....the top card is turned over and...it's not the card ( this time, the signed card is controled to the bottom ) take out the wallet, flip it open ( yes...the top card turned face up provides cover ) and slip the bottom SIGNED card into its proper spot).

Chris

Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1328 Posts

Profile of Piz
I own the hip pocket Mullica and also the Pimpernel Notecase. As far as I am concerned, I cannot imagine any wallet out there beating out my Pimpernel. The design of the wallet is just brilliant! There is so little work to be done by the magician with this wallet that all concentration, attention to performance, and focus can be fully centered around your presentation. No worrying about getting caught up with sneaky moves, no misdirection needed , and leaving my specs every time with there jaws on the floor!! The pimpernel notecase can also be used as a peek wallet. The hip pocket Mullica is also a great wallet, the only real problem I have with it is it's size, and maybe the fact that I cannot use it as my everyday wallet. Go with the Pimpernel Notecase as it is (in my opinion) the perfect "NO PALM" card to wallet.......'PIZ'
Tarik Flash
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Tarik Flash
I would love to see a demo of someone loading a Mullica other than Tom Mullica himself or Eugene Berger as to me even seeing Tony Miller who makes the Triple Threat loading it looks as suspious as hell. Any advice on a demo would be greatly appreciated
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-10-23 05:57, Piz wrote:
I own the hip pocket Mullica and also the Pimpernel Notecase. As far as I am concerned, I cannot imagine any wallet out there beating out my Pimpernel. The design of the wallet is just brilliant! There is so little work to be done by the magician with this wallet that all concentration, attention to performance, and focus can be fully centered around your presentation. No worrying about getting caught up with sneaky moves, no misdirection needed , and leaving my specs every time with there jaws on the floor!! The pimpernel notecase can also be used as a peek wallet. The hip pocket Mullica is also a great wallet, the only real problem I have with it is it's size, and maybe the fact that I cannot use it as my everyday wallet. Go with the Pimpernel Notecase as it is (in my opinion) the perfect "NO PALM" card to wallet.......'PIZ'

The problem I see with the Pimpernal is the ad saying:
"AT NO TIME DOES THE WALLET GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE DECK".

And then you take a card from the deck and put it in the wallet. That never made sense to me. I'd rather the deck come near the wallet ( Mullica ) than taking a card and putting it in.

That's just me. No need for Pimpernal fans to get upset. Use what works for you. It is a well made wallet. Maybe with a different routine I'd feel different.

Chris

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The very best card to wallet (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.257947 seconds, requiring 90 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [3] [9] [5] [5] [9] [5]