The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Naughty & Nice Rope Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I noticed Magic Depot and Hocus Pocus taking pre-orders for this. Anyone heard anything about it? Or seen Robert Baxt perform his routines for Professor's Nightmare?

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.......b3b4e391
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I just received it in the mail today. Very disappointing.

The naughty version, for which I purchased this, could be performed at a kid show. There was no risque patter or insinuations (like the Stan, Kate & Edith trick).

Rating - 2 out of 10

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Thanks Rick. You saved me some money. I love Stan Kate and Edith. It rocks Smile

Haas
MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2006-11-16 17:53, RickVancouver wrote:
I just received it in the mail today. Very disappointing.

The naughty version, for which I purchased this, could be performed at a kid show. There was no risque patter or insinuations (like the Stan, Kate & Edith trick).

Rating - 2 out of 10

Rick

This is a generous rating.

Adding strip music to the normal routine makes it naughty???
It was funny watching Robert sing the normal patter out of sinc with the music though.
Highly not recommended.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Any video links of the performance?
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Haven't seen any.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Wow. This is a blast from the past. I didn't expect to see this thread resurrected. After Rick's reply, I pretty much lost interest in pursuing any further info on the effect. However, it's still available at my original link above.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
'You get his "Naughty" routine, a more adult but IN NO WAY RISQUE routine to music with rhyming patter that takes the trick where no one else has dared to go! '
This is what the ad says.
'Where no one else has dared to go' "Naughty" "Adult" hardly apply to this routine.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
For a naughty routine, check out my "Sweet Dreams" rope routine. This has been a staple of my stand up act for almost 10 years...a guaranteed funny routine that is definitly not for kids! (The package says 'Rated-R' it is really more 'PG-13' comparted to today's standards!)

Take care,
Cody S. Fisher
http://www.ProfessionalMiracles.com
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I watched, enjoyed, and learned from Robert Baxts Naughty & Nice PN DVD.

The childerns routine is solid and entertaining. The 'naughty routine set to stripper music, is unique, ant the lyrics are extremely clever. Roberts take on a corporate setting is savvy, and a proven money maker. He provides twists and tips which should be appreciated. I know I do.

Kotah
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I just bought Cody's Sweet Dreams rope routine and it is fantastic! It's going straight into my show. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to add a little PG-13 to their show. Great job Cody!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2010-06-18 17:09, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
I just bought Cody's Sweet Dreams rope routine and it is fantastic! It's going straight into my show. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to add a little PG-13 to their show. Great job Cody!

I have to concur buddy I love it... Been practicing it and not yet brought it out to the public but love the thinkinig behind it all.
danielluskmagic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of danielluskmagic
Interesting. I just got an email advertising this trick today. Figured someone wrote about it but not that it was 9 years old. I'm wondering if any changes have been made.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Naughty & Nice Rope Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL