The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » What's Up With The KIDabra Forum? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Evey time I try to post or reply I get a message that says, "You are not allowed to access this section". What's up?

Regan
Mister Mystery
kidshowguy
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of kidshowguy
Hey Regan,

Thanks for asking. As explained in the the October/ November E newsletter that went out last night, posting on the KIDabra Discussion Forum is now a KIDabra International members benefit, however guests can access and read quite a few sections, while other sections and posting are reserved for members.

KIDabra International has grown rapidly in little over a year and it was time to make this change. Exciting things are happening and on the horizon, We invite you and all folks interested in kidshow and family entertainment to join and be a part of this amazing project.

Thanks,
Mark
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Regan,

I thought you were a member of KI and getting those cool Journals!! You're missing out on a lot of good stuff!

Dennis
Dennis Michael
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
On a somewhat similar note, does the forum seem a little on the slow side to anybody. I'd love to be more of a part of it but find myself getting annoyed and then leave. Anybody else feel this way?
kidshowguy
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of kidshowguy
TCM,
Do you mean slow for the page to load, as I've experienced this too.
Mark
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Yeah Mark. Slow to load.
Tim
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
I love the Kidabra Forum but have also sat and watched as it loaded very....slowly. The information within is awesome, once it does load.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

I removed all the graphics on the left side of the forum. Let me know if you notice an increases in speed?

Dennis
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Three things I do if I experience slowness in my computer.

1. Cleaning out the temporary fire of the thousands of internet images,

2. Defrag my computer.

3. I have had to (only once) increase to max my virtual memory.

I do this when I experience slowness in several areas such as th KIDabra Forum, the Café Forum, and other areas.
Dennis Michael
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Hey Dennis,
That seemed to speed things up on my end. Thanks!
Tim

P.S. Didn't there used to be more forums? ie. Birthdays, Libraries, Schools, Marketing, etc. I can't seem to find it anymore. Is it gone, or am I not looking in the right place?
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I think you have to be a memeber to access those pages, I think.

Ken
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Hi Ken,
I am a member. And up to yesterday, I was accessing them. But if they are still there, I'll try again.

Thanks,
Tim
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow, this is disappointing. I have been having all sorts of computer problems and can't send email. I thought I was recieving emails though.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

The biggest problem with usernames, I cannot tellif they who they are With a real name I can easily see who has access, and who doesn't.

Ken is Right, Like IBM and SAM the KIDabra Forum went Private and as members let me know who they are, I turn on their access. Som are already turned on.

Posting by guests is limited to questions related to KIDabra.

Access by KIDabra Guests is Limited See Below:
KIDabra International Discussion Forum

Like other magic fraternities, the KIDabra International Discussion Board is now a Private, Member's Only forum. This is a benefit to members of the KIDabra International community.

Several Sections of this forum are available in READ ONLY mode for guest who log on this forum.

If you have any questions related to KIDabra International, you can post them here in this section.

Come join the adventure and excitement many of us experience as children entertainers.

Below are the topics with many sub topics in each and access rights.

KIDabra International Section (Guests & Members)
Everything You Wanted to Know About Starting a Chapter Chapter Development: How to Start a KIDabra Chapter and Meet...
Code of Conduct: Kidabra Core Values and Beliefs KIDabra International has adopted a Code of Conduct which re...
Please Read: Guests, Members, & Posting New Changes In KIDabra International Discussion Board. KIDa...

KIDabra International Chapter Section (Guests & Members)
Chapter# 1 SNJ/Phila PA Area Chapter and Meeting Information on Local Chapter #1 Located...
Chapter #2 - Raleigh, NC Chapter and Meeting Information on Local Chapter #2 Located...
Chapter #3 - Atlanta, GA Chapter and Meeting Information on Local Chapter #3 Located...
Chapter #4 - Chicago, IL Chapter and Meeting Information on Local Chapter #4 Located...
Chapter #5 - Los Angeles, CA Chapter and Meeting Information on Local Chapter #5 Located...
Chapter #6 - Middle Tennessee Chapter, TN Middle Tennessee Chapter of KIDabra

Kidabra Conference (Guests & Members)
KIDabra Conference News What's New and Upcoming at the Annual KIDabra Conference. Th...
KIDabra Conference Highlights Comments on the Kidabra Conference
KIDabra Performers The entertainers, educators, instructors, and performers for...
KIDabra Discussion Forum About the International KIDabra Community and the KIDabra Di...
What Makes KIDabra So Different Let the world know why you like KIDabra, and why it is so di...
Hard to Find Kidshow Items... What hard to find Kidshow items are you looking for?
Hilarious, Crazy, Insane Incidents Those Hilarious, Crazy, Insane Incidents that Happen at Show...
History of IFCM, KIDabra & KIDabra International To keep track of important event of the International Festiv...

Professional Resources for Your Kidshow Business (Guests & Members)
Professional Resources This section is for Staff Moderators who specialize in the b...
KIDabra Products A Variety of DVD and Audio Products PRoduced and Marketed b...
Axtell Products Steve Axtell Products, Puppets, Drawing Board, Off the Meter...
Tim Sonefelt's Wonder Imagery A Variety of Products By Tim Sonefelt, including custom desi...
Mike Bent's Products A Variety of comical props and magic by Mike Bent
Ken Scott Products Ken Scott Products, A Variety of Products for the working ma...
Julian Franklin's Magic Free Marketing Articles, Free Monthly e-Newsletter, powerful...
John Cooper Coaching for Creatives Cash In On the Experience of 30-Year...

The below section can only be accessed by KIDabra International Members

Kidshow Philosophy and General Kidshow Discussions (Members)
General Kidshow Magic Discussions Discussions related to General Kidshow Magic Topics not list...
Philosophy of Kidshow Magic Understanding Kidshow Magic and Entertainment as a Hobby, Se...
Animals and Kidshows Discussion related to using warm and fuzzy creatures, doves,...
History of Children Performers Discussiona related to the History of Children Performers
Road Warriors: Musings from Itinerant Performers On the Road again..
Notices of Important KIDs Shows and Conferences This Section is for posting KID Shows and Conferences relate...

Reviews and Opinions on Kidshow Magic, Videos, And Books (Guests & Members)
Review of Kidshow Videos, DVD, Cassette Tapes This section is for reviews of VHS, DVD, Cassette Tapes, and...
Books and Lecture Notes Reviews This section is for reviews of Books and Lecture Notes on th...
Magic and Illusion Products This section is for reviews of Magic, Illusion, Illusionette...
Accessories This section is for reviews of Tables, Cases, and Other Prop...
Lectures, Speakers, Performaers This section is for opinions on lectures, speakers or perfor...

Kidshow Venues (Members Only)
Birthday Party Magic Shows Discussions related to performing Birthday Party Magic.
Day Care Entertaining Discussions related to performing Magic, Puppetry, and Story...
Seasonal, Holiday, and Special Events Magic Shows Discussions related to seasonal events, such as Halloween Sh...
Library Shows Discussions related to performing at Libraries.
School Assembly Educational Programs This section is for Educational School Assembly Theme progra...
Gospel Magic and Entertainment This section is for Gospel Magic and Entertainment.
Family Fundraisers This is for those who entertain using fundraisers.
Entertaining Families in Restaurants Do you regularly entertain families in restaurants? Thi sect...

Technical: The Technical Aspect of Kidshows (Members Only)
Developing Your Kidshow. How to Develop Your Professional Magic Show.
Routining Your Kidshow Discussions and Information related to Kidshow Routines, inc...
Props-Magic Routine Enhancements Every Kidshow Routine can be enhanced with comedy bits of bu...
Creativity: Developing New and Exciting Magic This section is for the adventurious and creative minds. Dev...

Business: The Business Aspect of Kidshows (Members Only)
Promoting And Marketing Your Kidshow The attempt to sell oneself by any advertising or promotiona...
Advertising Your Kidshow Advertising: Methods of the PAID placement of a message(s) t...
Multiple Income Streams In any Business, the amount of profit is proportion to the n...
Bookkeeping, Forms, & Record Keeping Discussions related to the "Business End" of of your enterta...
Getting the Most Out of your Web Site This section is for discussions related to Web Site Design,...
Promoting Yourself with Photos A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Theater: The Theatrical Aspect of Kidshows (Members Only)
Sound and Music for Kidshows Using of Sound Systems and Music in Your Kidshows.
Curtain, Screens, Props, and Set Designs Use of Screens, Curtains, Backdrops, Set Designs with your M...
Costumes and Make-up Discussion on the use of Costumes, and Make-up when Entertai...

Kidshow Entertainers (Members Only)
Magicians Discussions for Entertainers who focus on children magic rou...
Balloonist Discussions for Entertaining Children and Adults with Balloo...
Clowns This Section is for Discussions on Clowning for Children and...
Ventriloquists and Whispers This section is for entertainers who use puppets, and vent f...
Jugglers This section is for those entertainers who juggle as part of...
Story Telling This section is for who enjoy spinning tales and weaving yar...

General Discussion Topics (Members Only)
Adventures in Scouting This section deals with Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Explorers,...
KIDabra Members Only
KIDabra Original Routines

BBS Administrator
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » What's Up With The KIDabra Forum? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL