We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Salon de Magie -- a tour through Ken Klosterman's Museum of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
23972 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
A few years ago, while touring with Ted Lesley, I had the opportunity to stay at Ken Klosterman's place for a couple of days. Ken was president of the IBM 1995-1996. He has an immense collection of magic, which is in an abandoned mineshaft below his "cabin" in Loveland, Ohio. For several years, Ken has been planning the release of a book about his collection.

Well, the book is now a reality. I got my copy at the New England Magic Collectors Association convention last week, and I could not be happier. The book is bound in beautiful, green imitation leather, with the title stamped in gold. There are almost 400 pages of text and photographs, most of which are in color (almost 300 in color!!!), which detail the history of Ken's collection, the collections and mentors who contributed to it, and the items, themselves. The book was written by Ken, in collaboration with Gabe Fajuri and edited by William Broeker.

Granted, you won't see everything Ken has. There are just too many things in his collection for him to show you a photo of each piece. But you will see the highlights -- the Light and Heavy Chest of Robert-Houdin, a Rose Mirror which may have belonged to Hofzinser, the Tramp Chair of Harry Houdini, as well as posters galore. To show each of the more than 3000 items and 8000 books would require several volumes as thick as this one. So he has chosen the items that most magicians would like to see, and has chosen quite well.

Accompanying the book is a DVD that contains an interview with Ken, a guided tour through the Salon and a three minute walk-through, showing the highlights.

If you are a collector, you will definitely want to have this book. It is available directly from Ken. The price of the book is $195, postpaid in the US. A deluxe edition is also available at $425, postpaid in the US. Overseas orders add $25 for postage.

For more details or to order, go to http://www.salondemagie.com .
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Salon de Magie -- a tour through Ken Klosterman's Museum of Magic (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.067895 seconds, requiring 12 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [1] [9] [2] [6] [9] [1] [3]