The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..23~24~25 [Next]
Peedlkyle
View Profile
New user
I live in my house
98 Posts

Profile of Peedlkyle
When you are just going about your everyday life, not doing street magic, what do you keep on you for magic. I keep a deck of cards on me ALWAYS, but what other things do you keep without being too bulky?
On the other hand, you have different fingers.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
In addition to a deck of cards, I always carry Kohler's Ultimate 3 Fly, Acer's Spare Change coin set, 2 sponge balls, a quarter loaded in each of my shoes for a Danny Archer impromptu coin vanish routine, and a wallet (hip pocket) which is both a card to wallet and a switch wallet and contains Max Howard's Dollar Monte, Burger's $5 and $1 bill transposition and the Wonderland bill. Finally, I have a pen through anything and Watch and Wear. None of these items are bulky and they are things a normal person would have on (shoes, wallet, watch, coins) with the exception of sponge balls.
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
I carry scotch and soda (do it for a very interested person because tis not an instant reset) hopping halves, a deck of cards, *deluxe* pen thru anything, lol- sponge balls (4 kids) and matchbox penetration (That one is a little heavy, but a great trick) Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
Cards, half dollars, thumb tip, handkerchief, the ole reliable folding coin, and a little invisible thread can go a long way. And they require almost no set up.

Smile Smile Smile
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
I used to carry a deck of cards and a small coin purse with me everywhere. Now I only carry cards and only some of the time.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I used to never be without a deck of cards in my pocket. But I'm sane now.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
A deck, a sharpie, some coins, my card to wallet, and my time machine watch.
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
NoahJLevine
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of NoahJLevine
I only carry playing cards. I would think that it would be weird in an informal situation to start pulling out coins and sponge balls and rubber bands even though you can do some great tricks with them.

NoahLEvine
tankk
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of tankk
A deck, some coins, and what ever gimmick I'm playing with at the time.

Kevin
jesuban
View Profile
New user
USA
23 Posts

Profile of jesuban
A deck of cards, with the 9 of spades prepared for "Card Warp." A Penny, to perform Greg Wilson's 11 cent trick. Two rubberbands for Crazy Man's Handcuffs.
Darren Roberts
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Darren Roberts
It's not much, but I always keep spare coins on me "just in case". I owe Bobo a lot Smile

My second choice for carrying around magic "just in case" is a deck of cards.
Elijahhenry
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Elijahhenry
I always have 2 Svengali decks, a regular deck, four halves, scotch and soda and sponge balls. I used to be a Boy Scout, so I'm "always prepared."

You know what? In addition to my reg. stuff I always have "Aviator" Mirage, Svengali and Reg. Deck.

E. Henry
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I usually have two decks (red & blue), a coin purse with 4 halves, a half shell, three English pence, a Penny shell & a Johnson Products Chinese coin, and a few rubber bands on my wrist.

And a stack of business cards.
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
I have cards on me, but that is about it. And I only really have that if I am going to see friends.

This is a dual purpose, though, as we play cards quite often.

I always have some business cards in my wallet. Always.

-Garrett
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
If I am wearing a coat/jacket I carry a standard deck of cards with the four aces on top.

In my pants pockets I carry one or two TTs with silks in my right pocket and an empty TT in my left pocket. Four halves in my left pocket. Four rubber cockroaches in my right pocket and a spare in my left.
FuriousGeorge
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of FuriousGeorge
Thumb tip, Nickels to Dimes, Ball and Vase, Chinese Sticks, The Web, a Himber Wallet, Svengali deck bridge size (I have small hands), a yellow balloon, a red balloon, a blue balloon, a Zarrow Wallet, a hot rod (brass double color changing) and last but not least, the Harry Lorayne version of the Himber gaff using a cigarette case. I have an excellent tailor who modified all of my jacket pockets and I have a very detailed management system for my props.
Isramagia
View Profile
Regular user
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
114 Posts

Profile of Isramagia
It's really interesting what people carry for impromptu magic. I carry a TT, two rubber bands, a silver half and two English Pennies, three quaters (American) and sometimes a folding coin. Smile
Izzy
Mr A
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Mr A
I always have a deck of cards and a pair of rubber bands.
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
A deck of cards, two rubber bands, a thumb tip, and two thimbles. I do agree with Noah J Levine that it is a little strange to just pull out thimbles, but then again, I never claimed to be normal.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I carry a pair of dice..........
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL