The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..23~24~25 [Next]
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Double O Magic
A deck of cards and my hearty Walking Liberty. Maybe something else based on my mood Smile.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2003-01-01 16:31, NoahJLevine wrote:
I only carry playing cards. I would think that it would be weird in an informal situation to start pulling out coins and sponge balls and rubber bands even though you can do some great tricks with them.

NoahLEvine

In my experience people think it weird I have cards on me never mind the rest.

Anyway I normally have a Jerry O Connell plus wallet with envelope, cards, sharpie a piece of rope /cord for ring on string, sometimes flash paper and lighter, and sometimes 2 sets of ESP cards to do Thom Peterson's ESP your pants.

Danny
TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

Profile of TheGreatNancini
I always have a deck of cards and some rubberbands. Of course being a woman I have the luxury of pulling most anything out of my purse and it not seeming unbelievable that I would have it.
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Riku_Pajari
View Profile
New user
Mikkeli, Finland
99 Posts

Profile of Riku_Pajari
Deck('s) of cards, coins (half dollars, euros, chinese coin, half dollar shell and even one giant half dollar), ring & chain, Oddball. That's what I have in my pocket's right now. Oddballs is maybe too much but it's fun to perform if there are bunch of people that want to see magic.

I just carry too much stuff with me all the time Smile Or maybe I need some more...
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
I always carry my coin purse (5 half dollars, 1 shell, 1 c/s, 3 copper english pennies, 1 folding half and 1 chinese).. If I know that I'll be asked to perform severall routines I'll also carry my jumbo half, a deck of cards and maybe a thumb tip.. Ofcourse I always have some cigarettes and a lighter..
That's all in my pockets even if I go just for a cup of coffee.. Smile
Searching for the magic side of life...
kumpletoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kumpletoo
Q Connection, quarter shell for coins across(I borrow the quarters from lay people), Bic pen for recap and coin in pen trick and rubber band penetration, david blaine's mind reading deck (best gaffed deck ever made).
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
A deck of cards and rubber bands. Easy to perform, but yet astonishing.
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
I can't believe how many people carry a deck of cards with them on the ready...I guess as a working pro I tend to leave the cards at home when I am "out & about" and not working. If needed I rather borrow a deck if it's available.

Other wise I have my coins (4 halves, cig & quarter, coin in bottle, silver copper brass, or hoping halves) I also have my cigarettes & lighter which I do a lot of stuff with. And I ALWAYS have my color changing knives which can serve two purposes. First to entertain and second to stab or cut anyone who complains about the magic...or lack of card tricks...LOL

Later & Out,
RJ
Rashkenes
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville NC
29 Posts

Profile of Rashkenes
1 deck of black raiders or similarly awesome deck, 1 stripper, 1 invisible, 2 Svengali, 1 blank deck, pair of dlites and a piece of five fifty cord. As well as my gaffes clothing and fedora. If I'm not on base working then I'm off base performing. Love performing magic to the point where I'm always prepared to whip out a trick.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
My first post...lot of great information here! I like having impromptu without the obvious gimmick (cards,Sponges,plastic boxes and so on)
I have a sharpie,cigs and lighter. Some change and a Titan's Finger on my belt loop. I like to do the real quick and fast and move on ...letting them think about what they just saw and not able to ask me for more! One of my favorite is Jet Cig.,gimmick to shoot cig out of pack to produce worlds fastest levitation! Kind of dumb, but gets a laff! My favorite is quarter in a can (not because of Chris,but starts and ends clean and things are borrowed!)Looks like magic!!!
After reading these 12 pages , I have to go research so many more tricks and find out what they are. Thanks! No, I really mean that, Thanks!!!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
FuManChu
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of FuManChu
I always leave home with a Thumbtip, 4 Halves and 2 English pennies. Sometimes I have a bicycle deck with me.
Often one find something interesting to lie around what can be used for an impromptu effect like Chink a Chink with Sugar cubes.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
I always have the following items with me all day everyday no matter what.

1-Hip pocket Mullica (I mean c'mon its my wallet lol)

2-5 & 1 Transpo (stay's in the wallet)

3-Departure Ring Flight (on my key chain)

4-Greg Wilson's Freakey (also on key chain)

5-Steve Haynes Toosh (stays in my business card wallet)

5-Spare change (for any coin routines)

6-Deck of cards

7-Sharpie marker

that's all I need and that sets me pretty straight.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Coin purse with 4 x £2 coins and shell.

TT

JOL Plus wallet containing:
Extreme Burn 2.0
Loops
boon writer
business cards for various effects

Keyring containing:
Ring Flight revolution
Titans Finger
justinwebb
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of justinwebb
I am the kind of person that wants to be practical and loaded but not bogged down so I carry.
My time machine watch with a loop under it.( it help guard the loop from breaking)
MY fire/card to wallet with extreme burn, 5&1 transpo, $2 window,ring on string envelope,and my buisness cards for mental effects inside.
a deck of cards...(sometimes)
linking rubberbands on the other hand.
on my keychain I have departure ring flight along with the Rizer gimmick.
and finally four coins in my pocket for a multitude of effects.

So I guess all said and done I have plenty of pocket space left and all I have on my person is my wallet,keys,and my excessories on my wrist... all in all I forget what all I have because they all pack so small.
(oh and a sharpie lol.)
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of jonathandupree
Infinity wallet with a Koran deck, a pair of dice, ring flight revolution and tagged on the keychain
justinw20
View Profile
New user
NorCal
16 Posts

Profile of justinw20
Well, my EDC (Every Day Carry) includes:
• Deck of Bikes with one “extra” card.
• Two half dollars
• Couple of rubber bands
• Outlaw Hideout wallet with:
• Sanctum - Sanctuary
• Kioku
• Psi Card
• Lunaria
• Several Business Cards

If I’m going out and about with my family, I’ll throw in:
• Loops
• Quarters (Cigarette Through and Bite Through)
• PK ring
JRediens
View Profile
Regular user
Roma, Italy
147 Posts

Profile of JRediens
A deck of plain card maybe in a stack order or with 40 card in 10 card poker order,
outsider-80
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of outsider-80
A pack of cards, 2 rubber bands, a paperclip, and a dollar bill.
Chopingboard
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Chopingboard
A deck of cards and two toothpicks
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
55 Posts

Profile of Rectify
IPhone, TT, Jerry O'Connell's billfold wallet, Extreme Burn 2.0, deck of cards, and occasionally some sponge balls.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What do you carry? (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL