The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Simple yet effective Torn And Restored (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Well if you really want simple Paul Harris' Ultimate Rip Off with my presentation from Tubthumping is the best I can offer.

But honestly, if youw want to do an impromptue torn and restored I would suggest something other than playing cards.

Torn and Restored Sweet and Low packet for example, or a bill Tear, or a business card. Use something natural in your environment.
INFANTINO
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of INFANTINO
I was always partial to Father Cyprian's Nostalgia Torn Card. I saw him do this in a theater with hundreds of people and he fooled all of us. Nothing new, just intelligent routining.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Simple and very visual alex decova 's this is aflash and very starting effect
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Intuition
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Intuition
I feel torn and restored effects should be very visual. Garcia Torn effectively satisfies this element.
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
960 Posts

Profile of Carron
Kenton Kneppers impromptu versions are awesome
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Quote:
On 2007-01-25 12:03, Carron wrote:
Kenton Kneppers impromptu versions are awesome

Right on! it's simple and the restoration is instantaneous. I think it looks similar to Hoodwink by Ben Harris.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
the AuditOrr
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of the AuditOrr
I personally like Guy Hollingworth's. The problem is that it definitely is not angle proof. Lot's of angle problems. Also a lot of work to master it.
I want to go far...
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
821 Posts

Profile of nique
I second Hollingworth's "Reformation", but find that "Torched and Restored" is a really practical and convincing routine. If not using the lighter as part of the effect, one can substitute something else, as outlined in the manuscript, when performing for children, for example.
"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction" is now available!

PM or email me for details:

nique@mindmagicshow.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16811 Posts

Profile of joseph
Yes...."Torched and Restored", kind of the same handling as the one I mentioned
above, is what I also use and it is easy and effective...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Tommy Wonders version is superior IMO.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
the AuditOrr
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of the AuditOrr
I really want to find out more on Tommy Wonder. I don't have much experience with any of stuff. What I've seen of his shows that has been great. I've been highly impressed by his performances!!
I want to go far...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
If you want to see a Tand r routne that's a little bit different and it is great for a opener then go to magivideodepot.com I put up a demo of Alex de Cova's Flash Restoration.....
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jess Cone
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Jess Cone
I would have to second Joseph's post for the best T and R effect as the one on Geoff's DVD. It is a version that can be found in one of John Mendoza's books - The Book of John or John: Verse Two. By the way, though hard to get, these books have marvelous material for the working performer. Jess Cone
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Yes Vinny, I also think Flash Restoration is excellent.It's my favourite T&R effect.
AJ
tupawk
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of tupawk
Just checked out the video Vinny posted. Flash Restoration looks really nice! I am definitely going to check it out.

Thanks for the great demo vid!
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
I really like brent brauns Torched and restored card effect.
It´s not a piece by piece rest.,it´s a flash rest.
It hits lay people really hard because they just saw her card being burned on the edges!Easy to perform so you can hang your showmanship into the presentation.
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
I first saw Flash Restoration in Linking Ring magazine and it said that David Copperfield and Paul Daniels was so impressed that they bought it straight away!
AJ
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
677 Posts

Profile of James Alan
The Tommy Wonder Torn and Restored card is based on Paul Harris' Ultimate Rip-off. It's called the Post Ultimate Rip Off and is not entirely impromptu (though very amusing). It's in the Books of Wonder, Vol 1 (but requires you to have read Paul Harris - Supermagic for the tearing of the pieces.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Karrell Fox had an absolutely impromptu t&r card, actually everything except the corner used for identification. I don't know if it was published but Tom Mullica used a version of it on the Sevens tape, of course Mullicas ending of restoring the whole card is not impromptu.

Gil Scott
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 11:10, Jameson wrote:
The Tommy Wonder Torn and Restored card [...] is not entirely impromptu (though very amusing).

Very true...the same could be said about most 'impromptu' magic though. Tommy's T&R card is a great effect and has a perfect ending where the audience is left wanting more.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Simple yet effective Torn And Restored (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL