The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Simple yet effective Torn And Restored (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Jay Sankey has some nice torn and restored card effects.
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
For elegance, Garcia's Torn is beautiful if a bit angley. Of the piece by piece restoration effects, it's one of the best.

For the "worker" though (like a table hopper), I highly recommend John Mendoza's Ultimate Torn and Restored Card. It is practical, has a great climax, and offers lots of opportunity for audience interaction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF3PPMObSaI

I believe this routine is on Mendoza's "My Best" DVD vol.3

Douglas M.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I do my own version, but out of all the t&r's on the market, Torn looks the best to me, as you see a lot of magic in a short time.
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
I use reparation. It is difficult so you need lots of practice. I know you want the simplest version, so this might not be it. But it is extremely visual if you are willing to put in the practice.
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have a look at the first trick in the Stranger Card section of Expert Card Technique.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
I also started out doing J.C. Wagner's verson from 7 secrets. He even has a version that can be done with jumbo cards. I've practiced Garcia's, and it's fun to do, but I'm not ready to perform it for laymen.
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
jeffF
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of jeffF
Check out TnR by Mathieu Bich on Theory 11.
sean_mh
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of sean_mh
Silly as it may seem, I have gotten quite good reactions from the TnR in Mark Wilson's Complete Course.

Sean
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
As mentioned prior I am a super fan of torn... Super visual and not much of a knuckle buster. I'm not sure what would be good for walk around- I feel torn could work.
Gustaf
View Profile
New user
Stockholm, Sweden
78 Posts

Profile of Gustaf
Torn by Daniel Garcia is not too hard and only qeruires a 20 sec setup. Perfect for me!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
My very angle friendly and easy to do piece by piece T&R will be released at some point this year. It's good for strolling or restaurant work.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Can you put up a demo or your effect ////
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jim Hazen
View Profile
New user
Elizabeth Colorado
56 Posts

Profile of Jim Hazen
Torn is a wonderful effect, but it is angley . Danny Garcia is a great teacher and I enjoy his work very much.
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
Everyone is on about dan garcias torn, but have not mentioned Yves Doumergue's version which was realeased way before garcias, and is virtually the same but I feel is a bit better. Also some other extra bits on the dvd. But if you are after an easy effect mate I would maybe stay clear and learn jc wagners torn and restored. It is on a Michael Ammar dvd easy to master card miracles, and is also an excellent dvd to get.Check out LLPUB.COM for the dvd. It is a good un. all the best on the hunt.
Andy
Aldebaran
View Profile
New user
France
3 Posts

Profile of Aldebaran
And what about the legend "Torn Asunder", performed by David Copperfield, and developed (I think, is there somebody who can confirm?) by Chris Kenner and David Williamson?
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=W0mMofqlS3g

Personally, I do the Williamson's T&R: it is not a piece-by-piece restoration, which is impressive but without surprises, and no motivation (Why I have to torn that card if I want to restore it? Is it to say "I can do that!"?).
Williamson's torn and restored transposition is motivated, full of surprises, and I like the method, which is "simple".

And now, Mathieu Bich (a french guy, cocorico...) as developed a piece-by-piece version, where the card changes at the end. I don't like this final (Spectators: "Oh, the card changed, so it is not the torn one you restored?!"), but for magicians, it is quite stunning!
(You have some references on theory11...)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Simple yet effective Torn And Restored (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL