The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HN Magic Review 110: The Self Levitation video/DVD – Ed Balducci / Michael Maxwell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Magic Review 110: The Self Levitation video/DVD – Ed Balducci / Michael Maxwell

AD:

The Balducci Levitation has become one of the most popular levitations in magic. All the real work on how to make it look magical and impossible is taught on this DVD. The original video release of this product made it one of the best selling videos on the market. Includes ideas by Ed Balducci, Mike Maxwell, Paul Harris, David Roth, Harvey Cohen and Slydini.

REVIEW:

This video is still one of the most publicized levitation trick on the market, and is sold in every magic shops of the planet. It was one of the first close-up self-levitation available, and was given a second life after David Blaine’s impressive video-editing stunts: I still have a lot of fun thinking about how many kids spent their parent’s hard-earned cash to purchase this tape, hoping they will be able to fly like their TV favorite magician, impress their schoolmates and perhaps getting a date with that cute little blondie – ignoring that they will be laughed at for the rest of their life after performing it.

The fact that this effect is utterly ridiculous didn’t seem to bother the magic dealers, always eager to make a quick buck out of gullible customers.

OVERALL RATING: Trash for the masses. You can’t even recycle the tape to record something on TV, because it’s too short.

H.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Wow, I totally disagree. The video is pretty well done and excellent tips are provided on the levitation. The fact that performing this effect at the right time in the right conditions can achieve the same emotional reaction when laymen watched David Blaine float on television.

With all the contraptions on the market today I still rely on the impromptu balducci levitation.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6770 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Unfortunately, it has been exposed way too much. Shame since it could be a terrific levitation if performed properly.
Moment's Notice 10: Six Impromptu Card Effects Available Now!
http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-10.html
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
Quote:
On 2006-11-25 23:10, Cameron Francis wrote:
Unfortunately, it has been exposed way too much.

This is true, but one might wonder, why was it so exposed? The only use frustrated buyers could find with this one was to expose it, to show off with their friends (“I know how it’s done” vs “I can do it”).

H.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I agree on the level of exposure - and that was way before the product mentioned came to the market . . .
Cards never lie
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4852 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 16:41, Harvey Nerzof wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-11-25 23:10, Cameron Francis wrote:
Unfortunately, it has been exposed way too much.

This is true, but one might wonder, why was it so exposed? The only use frustrated buyers could find with this one was to expose it, to show off with their friends (“I know how it’s done?vs “I can do it?.

H.

Hardly. You have to use this really sparingly. Like a topit. First do some other really good magic, build it up as a really hard thing to do. Do it once quickly,
Then DO NOT show it again to the same people. I use this on occasions and it goes over really well.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3530 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I kind of agree with the original author. some times when bored ill do magic for people at the mall in a friend of mines shop just goofing off, and I usually talk to the specs a bit and most of them mention things they saw on tv and this levi usually comes up and they note how its done. its sort of become the sleeve of levitations if you understand what I mean. "its up your sleeve!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HN Magic Review 110: The Self Levitation video/DVD – Ed Balducci / Michael Maxwell (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL