The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 3 CTB Ellusionist Best Coin Through Bottles » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10..16..22..28..34..36~37~38 [Next]
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I am really excited about the brand new ellusionist 3 CTB series!
There is so much hype on their web site about these never seen before versions.
Rumor has it these are the BEST Coin Through Bottle effects ever.
Does any one know when we can see sneak previews of these amazing looking CTBs?
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I never heard about this - where is it on their site?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Go ask Justin Miller, little wittle video show proof (also word of mouth) show justin miller doing a CTB to people and showing a coin in a bottle on the flash video on the E site
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Can you give a link? I couldn't find it at E. Thanks.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Hmm well, I'm waiting on Prohibition. That too should be a gem. Untill I see more on this topic I wont say anything.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Yeah, I personally am going hold out on getting prohibition and see what E has in store.

There is soooo much talk about Ellusionist latest Coin Through Bottles.
Check the E Forums. People are saying it is nothing like anyone has ever seen.
Retired Justin Miller suposebly guest stars on these 3 CTB DVD's for E.
Ellusionist always has the best razor sharp instructions and use top performers like
Justin Miller and Daniel Garcia to help with the teaching portion of their DVD's.
So it will be cool seeing Justin again perform and demonstrate these effects for E.

On the ellusionist forums, you can see tons of post about the THREE Brand new Coin in Bottles that are releasing soon. And, two out of the three are on the INTRO video on the E home page.

The first one looks like a regular "plastic" Vitamin Water Bottle.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6080/image192yh3.jpg

The second looks to be "FULL" and an elite Café member said Justin Miller said it was called "Factory Sealed" -a sealed coin in bottle. It sounds hard to believe. Take a look at the still, the label is off, filled to the top and sealed with the cap still on (unopened?) !!!!!!
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4496/bottlebg9.jpg

The third at this time is unknown. It maybe with a "glass" soda/beer bottle, not sure.
They always keep you in suspense, It drives me crazy (but in a good way).

I am hoping they show these 3 demos soon.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Brad Christian posted that this will not be ready until way into next year. I am definitely looking forward to this though and am alreadt eagerly anticipating them, but it looks like we're gonna be waiting quite a while.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
It will be 2007 before you know it.
Hopefully the teazer videos will be up SOON so we can check them out.
I want to place my pre order now before I spend all my Christmas money ... LOL
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Me too lol
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
This is what I know about these 3 coin through bottle effects.

I have met the creator, Nick V. and I believe he is a member on the Café. I met him at my magic club in Phila. several months ago. He performed a coin through plastic bottle routine.

He was finishing drinking a bottle of water...then asked me to give him a quarter. He took my quarter...put it flat in his right hand...holding the bottle with his left hand...then slamed the quarter right through the bottom of the bottle...the quarter instantly appeared inside...he showed his right hand completely empty....(sort of like "sinful")...I was floored. He then gave me the bottle to inspect...there was no label...no slits or cuts...and I could not dump the coin out.

I was dying to ask him how he did it...but it didn't seem like he wanted to share the idea. All he said was that he has 2 more versions...one being better than the next and he was going to be submitting these to Ellusionist.

I havn't seen him since, but when these come out, I definetly will be buying them just based on the one effect I saw...which is supposedly not even the best version.

Rich B.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Even with the teaser video, it wont be enough. They'll show a clip of a coin, and then cut to a shot of a coin in a bottle. Not to much to see there...

The sealed bottle picture is interesting though.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Let me chime in with some information on this. I know the creator of this effect personally. His name is Nick Verna. He is a member of the IBM (Philadelphia Chapter). I met him a couple of years ago at one of our meetings and he immediately struck me as an extremely creative guy. He showed me his effect ÒFactory Sealed.Ó It is not just a coin in bottle.

What I saw was a BORROWED COIN in a FACTORY SEALED BOTTLE!

He took the factory sealed bottle, pulled the label off, and then slowly, visually penetrated the coin into the unopened, full bottle of water. There was no cover whatsoever. It was pure osmosis. No water leaked from the bottle. No jerky movements of the coin towards the bottle or the bottle through the coin. I don't need to see a teaser clip, I already saw it performed. I have never seen ANYTHING like it!

In my opinion, it is the Coup de Grace of all coin in bottle effects.

And no Rich, he didn't tip the method to me either, on this or his glass version.
I am though, super excited to hear his secrets will soon be released to the magic community.

If you ever get to meet Nick V. at an IBM or SAM meeting (or anywhere at all), ask him perform his Factory Sealed CTB effect for you.
It's on a whole different level.

Forrest Chapman
IBM - Ring 6
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Wow! Sounds UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
I've never even heard of anything remotely close to that in past CTB effects.
Thanx for the 411 guys. I can't wait to see these for myself.
Sounds like the Real Deal. I'll keep these TOP on my list.
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
The "Factory Sealed" version sounds really great! This guy must have been incredibly creative to come up with that.

I get the feeling a lot of newcomers are going to feel let down when they realise it's not impromptu, and requires (probably tedious) setup. I reckon that'd be enough to stop some buying it. Ah well...their loss. I don't really care how long the setup might take - it's the effect that counts, and the spectator sees a coin penetrate a SEALED BOTTLE.

That's amazing.

Nick
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Yeah, that DEFINITELY is amazing. It sounds absolutely impossible.

Here are several definitions of the word impromptu from different dictionaries:

1. Prompted by the occasion rather than being planned in advance
2. Having the character of an improvisation
3. Performed with little or no preparation
4. Appearing to be unrehearsed or unprepared

So, by definition as long as it has the "appearance" of being unrehearsed and you can give the spectators something to marvel at that looks INCREDIBLE, I agree with Hawk-Eye that it would be anyone's loss to pass this effect up. I don't think E would ever produce anything that is hard to set up. Everything that has been on their product line doesn't require much (if any) to get into at all.

Being that E says they have 3 different CIB's coming out (most likely all designed for different situations) and reading what Rich said, I get the impression that they do have an IMPROMPTU version to offer for certain settings like picking up an empty plastic water bottle and then WHAM going right into the effect.

I can't wait till they release these treasures that seem to be hidden from the magic world and kept so secretive. If E is producing them, then you not only KNOW IT'S PRACTICAL, but gotta be AWESOME as well.

Please somebody, ANYBODY, PM me the second you know any info on when a demo of ANY of these 3 Coin/Bottles effects hit the internet airways. I definitely do not want to miss out.
I wish they'd put the demos up already, I really want to see it!

Thanx
Chris
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
ALCON,
Thanks for your assistance!
Swifty34
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Swifty34
Factory sealed just seems too good to be true. if it is everyehitng it says it is, we might be able to end the running for best new buy of 2007 early!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I can tell you right now that these three version's of cib are the BEST ones I have seen by far...ever! Now I no longer do magic, and I have already been well taken care of for this project so I do not get royalties for this or anything like that so do not think this is a marketing ploy by me. I am just thrilled about these CIB's that will be out with E. I did the teaching and the street performances..these WILL go down in magic history as the BEST versions EVER created thus far.
Bravo Nick.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Thank You Kindly Justin,

And, Thank You everyone for all your kind words as well.
I sincerely hope you all enjoy them as much as I have.

All the best,
Nick Verna
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 3 CTB Ellusionist Best Coin Through Bottles » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10..16..22..28..34..36~37~38 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL