The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Card to Beer Bottle » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Hi Paul, I do this effect from time to time when I am feeling it. The version I do is from Larry Jennings. When the situation is right, I can't think of a more satisfying feeling that this effect. I recall you mentioning you had some work on this and it was once published. Any chances that you might release it again or have some new ideas on it? Any good stories of this effect.

Cheers Paul, and love listening you on this board.

Sean
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Hey Sean - the handling I produced was a very limited booklet called Miracle Card In Beer Bottle. It completely smoked Larry Jennings and pretty much everyone who saw it. I still keep it close to my chest but it will be re-released one day. It's one of those items people would pay a huge price for if they saw me do it but might be disappointed by the simple method.

I also published my handling for Larry's method - it has some cool touches - the card appears in a bottle a spectator is holding!

Maybe I'll put it on the website but my instinct is to charge a lot for it so it stays secret so maybe print is better than pdf. It's been a couple of years since I did it but it feels great when they see the card in there....

P
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Awesome, I find the tough part is the preparation before the load, I normally work standing and surrounded, so it is isn't always easy to find that moment to do this if they are many people watching. Hope to see it on your website one day. Cheers Paul.

Oh, I just placed an order with you for you 13 notes. I understand you site is having some technical difficulties, so anyway you can let me know when I receive them is much appreciatied. Thanks again Paul.

Best,

Sean Macfarlane
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Hi Paul,

A few years ago Paul visited Jacksonville, FL where I live to do a lecture. During his stay he stopped by the restaurant where I do bar magic and I asked him if he would mind showing a few things to some of my "regulars." He readily agreed and completely fried them with signed card in the beer bottle (I believe it was the one where the spectator is holding the bottle).

You remember that, Paul? Same visit I had the pleasure of introducing Paul and Tim Conover to one another and let me tell you that was a session I'll never forget!

My best to you Paul,

Paul C.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
I do remember that. It was a great night, in fact Jacksonville was a highlight of the trip. I can't wait to come back some time.

I remember starting my lecture there and then Tim Conover arrived after the first trick was done. I just started the lecture again and no one seemed to notice!

P
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Hey Paul,

I'll be in London the 21st - 24th of January. If you're around, I'd love to get together.

Paul C.
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Lets do it - I'll email you my contact details.

P
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Quote:
On 2006-12-15 18:48, R P Wilson wrote:
It's one of those items people would pay a huge price for if they saw me do it but might be disappointed by the simple method.
P

!Please! re-release it! All of my favorite effects are ones like you described (as are all of the effects I design). This sounds like such a great effect to.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Card to Beer Bottle » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL