The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Cylinder and Coins » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Hey Paul, this has been a most enjoyable and informative week of learning from one of magic's best. I have the Cylinder and Coins that you and Joe Porper created. The coins that came with my set are pristine 1921 Morgans. I was wondering if you have any tips for working a Cylinder and Coins routine with coins that aren't well worn? I've gotten better at having the coins "talk" less, but I thought that I'd take this opportunity to ask the creator of this ingenious version. Thanks!

P.S. I'm anxiously waiting for the release of your Three Fly!
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Hey MJ - the handling in the booklet is specifically for pristine coins. I had the same problem when I had the first set. The stack needs to be made from new coins or it becomes phenomenally expensive to make. Imagine the same set for DOUBLE the money!

So, for example, when I steal back two coins as I pretend to place them in the left hand then open the left hand to show the two already there - THAT'S when I move the right hand coins to finger palm - the opening of the left hand causes the left coins to make noise, so covering any noise from the right hand.

Also the way I do the last coin (the slo-mo then the look up as I quietly slide the last coin onto the palmed stack) is designed to cover the new coins.

Hope this makes sense. If you ever run into me at a convention, we'll sit down and I can show you the sequence personally.

P
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
That makes perfect sense, thanks for your time!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Cylinder and Coins » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL