The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » "Have a Banana"? Try This! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Julian Franklin
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
139 Posts

Profile of Julian Franklin
I will grant that this idea won't play well for any longer than two or three years, maybe five at the most, but it plays much better than the old "Have a Banana" line.

As a point of reference, I am a children's performer and perform exclusively for children in schools and libraries with the occasional birthday party. This is a children's gag, not really an effect.

The old joke went "Who knows a magic word" and a kid calls out "Abracadabra" then the clever magician asks with feigned shock "Have a banana?". Kids usually laugh. But here's a variation that plays really well if you like this premise (if you don't like the premise, read no further).

When the kid calls out "Abracadabra" you replay "Hannah Montana?"

Hannah Montana is a pop teen-idol and the audience's familiarity with her makes it funnier. I don't know why, but it gets a good response. Try it if you used to use the banana line.

--Julian Franklin
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I must be showing my age, Juilan. I have no idea who Hannah Montana is. Never heard of the person. Oh well, at least I saw man landing on the moon (the only thing I can hold over younger people's heads in the technologically advanced society).
Coram Deo
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Hannah Montana is actually a Country Western artist. She is supposed to be on some C&W awards show this weekend.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
Correct Mr.Palmer...a country western artist developed by writers for a childrens television program. The actress who portrays Hannah Montana is actually the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus.She is no slouch as a singer,but Hannah Montana is a fictional character portrayed by an singer/actress who can make some extra $$$ on the side by portraying her character at various CW venues..now imagine what she could do if she added a cups and balls routine to her act!
kermitjohnson
View Profile
New user
johnson city, tennessee
41 Posts

Profile of kermitjohnson
She is the infamous Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter. She has a show on Disney called Hannah Montana. Ive got 3 girls, they love her. I tried it with them and their frieds and it did get a laugh/reaction. Thank you.
Illusionist Kermit Johnson
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I have a banana that was on top of my fridge way to long. It looks like it has been petrified. (This was during my pre-married years, when I was not as into keeping the enchanted cottage clean).

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Sk8erBoi9305
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Sk8erBoi9305
Quote:
On 2007-01-16 14:13, Rocky wrote:
Correct Mr.Palmer...a country western artist developed by writers for a childrens television program. The actress who portrays Hannah Montana is actually the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus.She is no slouch as a singer,but Hannah Montana is a fictional character portrayed by an singer/actress who can make some extra $$$ on the side by portraying her character at various CW venues..now imagine what she could do if she added a cups and balls routine to her act!

that's funny!! I completly agree!
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Many years ago I used to sing "I just had a Banana with Lady Diana . . .", but that chance was taken away brutally by fate.
Cards never lie
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Hanna M is very popular around here.

Hanna Banana bo banna banana bana fo fanna...

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
London UK now live in Austin Tx
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
Quote:
On 2006-12-31 20:55, Steven Steele wrote:
Oh well, at least I saw man landing on the moon

When was this?!?! It was done with mirrors right?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » "Have a Banana"? Try This! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL