The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ice Coins by Chris Congreaves (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 11:02, Christopher Congreave wrote:
It should be released at Blackpool next week, 23rd Feb. I hope you enjoy the ideas we have put on here, the main routine (coins across) is a routine I use all the time in paid gigs and it gets great reactions. Everyone is asking about putting designs on the discs etc. trust me when you see how I use them in the above routine it will all make sense.

BTW a little bird tells me Mr. Williams has a DVD of his own coming out, congratulations Chris, can't wait to see it, whens it out?

The design that would get me to spend my money for this effect is the actual face design of the coin that the disc is representing.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I cant see the discs being smooth a problem at all...
I pr-ordered from alakazam, and got an email this afternoon (fri) saying my order has been dispatched
I'll try and catch the postie in the morning.......
anyone had the same?
it looks like you have done a great job chris, thanks for the chat and tips the other day mate!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm not really saying that they are problem per say, I'm just saying that in most effects, (for example the one were you cause the metal to leave the coin and fall into your hand leaving a clear coin), logically, the glass coin should still retain Kennedy's image, and not just the ridges on the edge. It may subtly hint that the clear coin is actually the same coin, (minus the metal) where as a smooth, faceless coin may hint strongly that you somehow switched it for some kind of clear disc. I feel the face imprint left on the coin would make the effect much stronger.

just my opinion.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 20:32, daffydoug wrote:
I'm not really saying that they are problem per say, I'm just saying that in most effects, (for example the one were you cause the metal to leave the coin and fall into your hand leaving a clear coin), logically, the glass coin should still retain Kennedy's image, and not just the ridges on the edge. It may subtly hint that the clear coin is actually the same coin, (minus the metal) where as a smooth, faceless coin may hint strongly that you somehow switched it for some kind of clear disc. I feel the face imprint left on the coin would make the effect much stronger.

just my opinion.

Excellent idea.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks. Just makes magical sense. Because magic, even though NOT logical, still needs to retain a semblance of it's own INNER logic to make it plausible. Case in point? Michael Ammar's bill to peanut.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
We do explain a version of Silver Extraction on the DVD that uses a roll up piece of tin fold which has the inprint of the coin. So that should work just as well

Regards

Peter
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-02-18 10:21, Peter Nardi wrote:
We do explain a version of Silver Extraction on the DVD that uses a roll up piece of tin fold which has the inprint of the coin. So that should work just as well

Regards

Peter

Any release date yet?
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
My account was been debited on fri, but nothing arrived yesterday (sat)
maybe monday then..............?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

We started processing all the back orders on Friday so all orders will be ready for dispatch on Wednesday or Thursday of this coming week.

Regards

Peter
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Any way of knowing if mine was shipped?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
You could try emailing Alkazam directly.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Thanks peter
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Have these been sent yet?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys the DVD'S and Ice Discs came in today. We packed them up and most were dispatched this afternoon.

We are also working on a PDF file of addition routines and tips which will be provided free to owners of the ICE coins DVD (we expect to have this ready mid March)

If anyone has any ideas they would like to have included in the PDF file please let me know. I expect there will be loads of ideas floating about when you have all had a chance to play with them.

Regards

Peter
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Great news, hope mine was sent today?
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hope mine was to.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Got it today thanks peter!
great stuff, thanks to chris c!!
I'll be using it at the weekend
cheers again!
enjoy blackpool............
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Yup an old thead but had to look this p after seeing it on this week's vlog from Alakazam,any reveiws please don't do a lot of coin magic and wondered how tricky this is? to perfrom.
donny
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado
263 Posts

Profile of donny
Anyone ever find clear molded coins instead of a blank slug? I like the trick, but I'm MORE interested in a 'good looking' prop, in this case.
It's not their senses that mislead, it's their assumptions.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
You need the usual sleights. Not hard really. I picked this up a few years ago for $10 from a sale. I think it's fantastic. People don't care that is just a clear disc. I use the jumbo clear disc the most.
Mixed in with omni pen, omni deck, it's fun. Now I need a clear wallet.
James

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2016, Fire Starter wrote:
Yup an old thead but had to look this p after seeing it on this week's vlog from Alakazam,any reveiws please don't do a lot of coin magic and wondered how tricky this is? to perfrom.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ice Coins by Chris Congreaves (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL