The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Idea - Card changes side (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marcello
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Marcello
The challenge is to do it with a normal deck and no preparation. It would be quite difficult to do with a gimmick too (and as far as I know I've never seen one)or.. easier.. a tricked card.
A spectator picks a card. You put it face down halfway the facedown deck, but you insert the short side of the card in the long side of the deck. You push in and, being the short side... shorter... it pops on the other side face up! No strange moves or switches.. the spectator himself could pull it out! possible?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I've toyed with this idea without much success.

I may be wrong here but I was told years ago that Ken Krenzel may have done an effect like this.
Not much more info on this effect however.
Marcello
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Marcello
Same for me. I always think of it when I'm relaxing with my deck in my hand... It would be really a good effect, so impressive.
The best way I could make it is with a gimmick and sleight of hand and still it's not as clean as I described. In Hiddenly you turn the first card of the pack so you have both sides showing the back. You force the card and force the signature in the upper 3/4 of te card. You put the card face up inside the deck face down. It catches the gimmick (half card "pocket" with the top external side glued toghether, but not sides). So you play back and forward (not pulling the back side more than half) and it looks like as I described the effect. At some point you leave it half way through. Sceretly turn 180 degrees the deck. Now the audience sees the front of the gimmick (the forced card without signature sticks out for 1/4). You push the gimmick in and the good card pops out showing the back to the audience, turn it and you're done.
I know.. is far from what I've asked... but is just what I could get to
shakes
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of shakes
Hey Marcello,

I think I might have came up with a solution to your with using just a regular deck. PM me and I will let you in on what I came up with.....
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
You insert 3 face down cards in that fashion, and the middle card turn face up when pulled out from the other side. There are several versions for this effect including Nick Trost's.

Hideo Kato
Marcello
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Marcello
I want to change it going across the side (like making a cross.. not on the long side). Please view my video done with the gimmick

http://www.siroma.com/magic/b2f.wmv
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Idea - Card changes side (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL