The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Decisions - Mozique any review? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-01-11 16:14, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Roth,

You should be able to order these from our site early next week.

Peter

Thank you Peter.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Overpriced piece of junk. I will not buy a 3rd one except for the blank version.

Robert
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
The Kingdom of Croiset and Wonder
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
I managed to neatly re-create the gaff with my business cards, so that's what I'll use from now on. It's tricky but doable.

However, I'm still happy I purchased this. The props you get are really well made and worth the asking price, and will probably last longer than your own constructions.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised by the packaging: I'm used to my purchases arriving in ziplock bags with a bunch of badly printed instruction sheets in it. This comes in a nice box with a 45-page manual booklet that is really well-written and full of good ideas.

Everybody has already praised looch's routine, but the best thing about it is that he shows how you can take a marketed effect and routine it into an entertaining performance piece with multiple moments of astonishment.

We should approach all our purchases with that attitude.
“You are what you pretend to be.”
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have been so disappointed lately with my recent purchases that the couple of items I want now I will probably skip and not buy them, I may wait until some one wants to sell theirs.
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
I'm using the blank one's to do an adapted version of Bryn Reynolds Business Coin Prediction, work's great.
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
294 Posts

Profile of muffin
I think by the sounds of it the blank version would work really well for a version of Max Maven's Shape up ESP routine.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2007-01-24 08:37, Malchat wrote:

Everybody has already praised looch's routine, but the best thing about it is that he shows how you can take a marketed effect and routine it into an entertaining performance piece with multiple moments of astonishment.

We should approach all our purchases with that attitude.

couldn't agree more. Looch's thinking is fantastic. Made me look at a few things I have in a different light.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2007-01-24 09:05, Garrad wrote:
I'm using the blank one's to do an adapted version of Bryn Reynolds Business Coin Prediction, work's great.

Garrad...thanks for the mention, and from what I have read these are clever gimmicks and would work well for a version of BCP. Sounds like these have a lot of utility potential.
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Clever idea but not my cup of tea.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
PsiDroid:
Which....BCP or Decisions?
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I like the cards and think the routines supplied are clever.

I did think Mark Eldson's[sp?] routine was a bit silly. If you pull out a prediction of the actions you just performed is it still a prediction?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
I still enjoy this and use it regularly- the provided routines are a mixed bag but there is a lot of room for personalization with this kind of utility.

I use it with a series of "hypothetical questions" with several specs at once, and it can be a lot of fun.

Derren Brown used it for a straight game of chance routine in his last series with Stephen Merchant, co-creator of "The Office" and "Extras".

Here's a clip if you missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOvM_I8t6pY
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
You can use this to perform a color sensing routine in which you predict the color of the cards that the participant removes from the deck.

This would also be perfect for another Positive/Negative routine called Pre-Coin-Ition.
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I got this, like it, but haven't had many opportunities to perform it. However, when I did perform it, it got a great reaction.
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Been having good responses with Decisions whilst performing for informal occasions. For walkaround work (which is what I do), I have yet to find a good way of handling and managing the cards performing stand-up, without the use of a table.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Anyone using Decisions for walkaround? Would like to share handlings with people; do you leave the card in your hand at waist height, by your side, leave it in a spectator's hand etc.

PM me if you'd prefer that.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
I use Decisions in walkaround as a way to get people socializing. I lay the prediction on the flat of my hand; I'll PM the details.
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Nique,

I love this trick. I've used it at all of my recent walkaround gigs. I do a gambling presentation.

I talk about how professional poker players train their reading skills and can often tell what someone will do before the person does! I describe the game and after showing both cards, I pull a dollar out my pocket and clip it "monte" style in the back of my right-hand fingers. I look the spectator up and down and decide which card to go with. I place the other card in my pocket with my left hand.

So I am standing holding the card in my right hand, with a dollar showing on the back of the same hand.

Once the spectator makes the choice, my left hand takes the card and shows the other side.

Then I increase the bet and add a $10 bill. I take the card from left pocket and repeat. Most of the time (if you know what I mean) you can casually flash the word on the card as you take it out your pocket.

I eventually have a $1, $10, $20 and $100 in my hand which makes for a lot of interest from the audience.

What's great is that with real money at stake you have a reason for not letting anyone see the card. You can keep it close to your body until you reveal it, which makes this trick virtually angle proof in a strolling situation.

I really do think this is a great walkaround trick.

Best,
James
Malchat
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Malchat
Derren Brown used a similar theme with his Yes/No cards; putting more money in the pot each time his guest tried to guess which card he put down.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I like Derrens's bigger yes/no cards. It looks easier to do the business.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Decisions - Mozique any review? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL