The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » KGB Hits Vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
KGB=Kidshow Guru Braintrust

This is a small get together that 10 children entertainers from around the world get together and simply have jam sessions. we talk about routines, marketking ideas, etc. We just had our 4 year and this year was in Vegas years past has been in New York.

One of the hightlights for me was having Terry Herbert there from the UK. Terry fit in like we were all friends for years. We all had a great week!!

Terry if you are out there THANKS! I now have a new friend over the other side of pond.

Best,
Ken
Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
How fortunate for you. Terry is a delightful fellow.

next time you should consider kimmo or me. We're both good value for money.

Of course closer to home you have the wonderfully illusive Jolly Roger. Now he's something else.
Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
The neat thing about KGB no one is paid, no sells anything, it really is just about 10 people getting together and sharing freely. Everyone pays for their own way and expense.

Ken
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
So is this open to anyone one of us to attend?
It's sounds very exclusive.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
No it is invite only.
ken
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

So, was the purpose of the post to show that you were one of the 10?
I'm impressed.
Congratulations.

Do you guys have a secret handshake?
Your not even supposed to answer that are you.
Well, cool. Check you later dude.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Smoke and mirror the purpose was to say how impressed I was with Terry Herbert. I think he is one that we all can learn from. But thank you for kind post and interest.
Ken
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
You could also get out of the post, that this is an effective idea that you could create for yourself, with your own group of peers to learn from. (Not because you are jealous of Ken, but because you get inspired by the idea he just shared in passing.)

It's what they call a "Mastermind Group", and the idea is discussed in "Think and Grow Rich" (Napoleon Hill), and other books.

I'm in an online mastermind group (small, like Ken's), related to the subject of magic business and marketing. I've found participation very worthwhile.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
terry herbert
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of terry herbert
Thank you Ken for your kind words, however I can assure you the pleasure was all mine and I also got a lot out of it. Believe me, you are never to old to learn.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Terry needs to save His pound notes and
get to New Zealand.
MikeBent
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, MA
174 Posts

Profile of MikeBent
I agree with Ken Terry's the best!
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-01-09 10:54, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Y (Not because you are jealous of Ken, but because you get inspired by the idea he just shared in passing.)
- Donald

Sorry you read it that way Donald. You typically come on here and only defend those who are well-known. In this case your wrong.

I was poking at Ken most certainly. Think about it Donald, if you had just become great friends with someone like that, you would email them or call them once your home, you wouldn't post it on the Café as he did, hoping and praying that Terry would see it. Now would you?

I own both their videos and I like Terry's very much! But jealous of either I am not. In fact, I make it a point with my circle of friends never to seem exclusionary or part of something better, it is difficult when you belong to different circles but you must try. Unfortunately I see too many come on here to flex, and pump themselves up. If I mis-called Ken's intention then I apologize, Ken. But the more I re-read his post I don't see it.

Sorry if I have called a spade a spade.
I will be more mindful of my posts Donald, ok?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Aaron -

By the term "you", I did not mean to mean "you" specifically were jealous of Ken. I meant it in a general term for anyone reading.

Yes, I did use your post as a springboard for my thoughts. But I just intended to expand from there talking to a general audience, not one specific person.

Sorry about the confusion. I just thought I read some sarcasm in your post, and wanted to share a thought of a possible benefit (to all of us) from reading Ken's post.

In one way, Ken's post could be taken as boasting. But in another way, he tipped a great idea to build anyone's skills as a performer and business person. And in yet a third way, it was a tip of the hat from one performer to another (like when others come on here and talk about their favorite lecturer, for example).

I have heard of these kidshow mastermind groups before. I've not been invited to be a part of one like theirs, and that's fine. But the idea of them seems great. I think it's cool to hear about them.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Tony James
View Profile
Inner circle
Cheshire UK
1398 Posts

Profile of Tony James
Please do not drag my old and trusted friend Terry into this unseemly brawl.

And he will not be saving up anything for his visit to New Zealand. Terry is a successful children's entertainer throughout the top society of England.

He's an exceedingly rich man. The drinks are always on him. (Wayne please be desreet. Don't ever embarrass Terry by offering to pay for anything at all, ever).

Tony James

Still A Child At Heart
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Thanks Donald. by the way I emailed terry too.

my point was not to brag, but merely saying to everyone how much fun Terry is.

And yes there are plenty of these groups that get together.

Ken
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I took Ken's original post as a report on an event that we otherwise would not have known about. In my years at Supreme Magic I was lucky enough to spend time with Terry and benefit from his advice and experience. I think I've mentioned before on here that watching him on stage in Limerick was something of a 'road to damascus' moment for me.

I'd love to hear more from Ken about this get together and some of the topics discussed.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

I agree kimmo, I would like to hear more about it. The post was just pretty exclusionary and had some name dropping. I failed to see the point.

Ken, had you come on here and posted about what was learned (remember Magicians Helping Magicians) I would follow the post ecstaticly. But it was to tell us nothing more than it was held in Vegas and NY and that Terry Herbert was there. Great.

This forum is about...HELPING. We don't need name drops and "look what I did's".

Some of the awesome posters that have "made it" professionaly and still come on here to help out are:

Dennis Michael
Mike Bent
Kyle Peron
Richard Lyn
Al Angello
Ross Macrae
James Munton
Lyndel
Peter Marucci

Thank God for these guys (and some that I'm forgetting) for doing what the unwritten code of magic demands, to help others succeed, so we all succeed and quit sucking so bad.

Anyway, I keep re-reading the post to see if I am wrong the way I'm reading it, I promise you I am the first one to admit when I'm an idiot, but I see it how it is. Ok, I've said to much, sorry.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I think that S&M is taking the original post entirely the wrong way. I have been aware of the KGB for a little while now, and I can assure you that the people that I am aware of who are KGB members (including Ken) are all people who have a history of being more than willing to share ideas and routines with other magicians or the magic community. Just because they don't give us a detailed analysis or written minutes of their meetings, etc. that does not mean that they will not share the ideas that work with the rest of the magic community eventually. I am thankful that the KGB exists, and I look forward to seeing what they will come up with next.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
S&M thanks. Not sure where you are coming from or how I got your feathers ruffled, but I say I give ALOT on this board and off the board as well.

OK what I learned???? Terry taught me a great new routine using a dye tube and a vanishing wand. I should have posted this in my first post SORRY.

ken
mjeayres
View Profile
New user
UK
94 Posts

Profile of mjeayres
Ken
Any chance you are thinking of making the KGB accessible to more people. I think the whole concept sounds great. Any chance you plan to turn it into a 'Convention/Seminar' event? The reason I ask is that I appreciate that there is Kidabra and the like, but I think from what you are saying that this is very different.

Conventions ,to me, often seem very commercial, but this simple 'seminar/discussion group' set up sounds much more interesting than the usual lecture/show type events. It sounds as though people might actually learn something from each other rather than being displayed a lecturers items for sale or being told 'I am successful, your not, so listen to me' type set up.

The emphasis is on learning and improvement rather that extracting cash from the attendees.
And to have the chance to extract wisdom from Terry Herbert on a personal, almost one to one level must have been a wonderful opportunity and something you just do not get from the 'convention' setup of 200+ people in lecture hall.

I really think you could be on to something here!

Marcus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » KGB Hits Vegas (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL