The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kings Fool by Kipp Sherry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Kipp Sherry was kind enough to send me a copy of Kings Fool after reading the chapter in my Modern Trade Show Handbook about trade show giveaways and asked for my comments. This is a terrific product. The CD ROM instructions and templates are well done and are extremely clear and easy to follow. I made up some samples for myself in about half an hour with no problem. For small quantities, the CD ROM is the way to go. If you're looking for larger quantities, the professional quality cards that Kipp can produce for you are top quality and worth every penny. I plan on showing this item to my trade show clients for the coming year. I'm sure they will go crazy for them. Great Job Kipp!

Seth Kramer
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Thanks Seth, but you forgot to tell others how to find Kings Fool.
Click on this link: Kipp Sherry Magic

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks for the information
Cards never lie
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just got through reviewing this for MUM. It's an excellent idea. You can print these up yourself. I would strongly recommend using the templates to do your layout and having Kipp do the printing, though. It will come out much better that way.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
I just ordered 1000 printed cards from Kipp for my entertainment business.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Peter Duffie did a review for Magic Magazine in their February 2007 issue. You can read it by clicking here.

Thanks for the nice review Peter.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
King's Fool is a brilliant marketing idea. Our company's presenters (magicians and others) will be distributing these new cards exclusively to our trade show clients and attendees. I fully expect to see a major bump in our trade show work over the coming year.

Anything that gets your name and information circulating beyond the point of contact is worth its weight in gold.

I purchased both the do-it-yourself kit AND 1000 business cards. In 30 minutes I did a mock up of a card for one of our clients. I am sure they will want to use this as a trade show giveaway.

Finally, Kipp's customer service is without equal. I asked for a rush job and he went out of his way to get these to me a week earlier than I expected them.

To coin a cliche: "Packs small ... plays BIG"

Thanks Kipp,

Bronx
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
Kipps customer service is great!
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Bill Palmer's review for MUM Magazine (Society of American Magicians) finally showed up in the March 2007 issue. You can read it by clicking here.

Thanks for the excellent review Bill.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
Simple, easy, funny, amazing, they get a trick and YOUR BUSINESS CARD. That's what promotion is all about. You have to spend money to make money.
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
Should also say that the cards from Kipp look great!
Andy Charlton
View Profile
Veteran user
Palma Nova Mallorca Spain
311 Posts

Profile of Andy Charlton
Here is a review I did for another website. Thought I should post it here as well:-

Name: Kings Fool

Available from: http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/promotio......ntro.htm

Price: $29.95

Maker: Kipp Sherry

Examinable: Yes, That’s sort of the whole point Smile

Difficulty: You just have to make it look fun.Smile

Out of 10: 9

Effect A magic trick that works as a business card, a give-away or BOR sale item.

Comments First off let me say I really like this item. I have one or two minor reservations, but overall, it’s a winner.

What is it? Based on a really old effect, (very well credited by Kipp in the instructions,) it’s something you can use as a basic effect in itself, but I believe the main idea is for it to be used as a business card, and a giveaway item. I first came across the effect as a kid, and always thought of it as a Christmas cracker trick, until I saw someone doing in a pub, and I realised just how effective it was. Since then I have been making up my own version of this by gluing playing cards together and using them as giveaways either for good customers in the bar, or as a package with the Svengali decks that I sold. I can vouch for the fact that they are always well received.

What Kipp has done is produce the artwork to enable anyone with a computer to produce an effective business card or giveaway that will be held onto, and will be seen by many people. It comes with very easy to follow video instructions that make producing these a breeze. The ad says most people will be producing finished cards within half an hour, and I would say that is correct. They are available as both a do it yourself kit, (as reviewed here,) or as professionally printed complete items. One of the pre-printed ones is included as a sample with the kit. It looks neatly and cleanly produced, and appears to be durable. I would have no reservations whatsoever about recommending that, for instance, a trade show client have these produced as a giveaway item. Another use for the do it yourself kit is that it is quick and easy to mock up a card as a sample for a potential employer with their logo etc. these can be demonstrated whilst pitching for a gig. I already have two samples made up for meetings with potential clients that I have over the next few days.

The reservations. Quality wise, it’s not easy to produce professional looking business cards on a home computer. Also, the ad’s say, “The only business card you’ll ever need.” I have to say I disagree with that. Particularly over here, (Europe,) we don’t carry the large size wallets that would take one of these cards without creasing or folding. I always have some of my normal business cards in my wallet; I can’t say I will always have some of these with me.

Regarding the above points though. Nowadays laminators cost very little, they can be bought for less than 15 pounds in the UK, and are really useful items to have anyway for producing posters etc. I have laminated the kings fool cards that I have made and they now look very professional. Also, laminated I can carry some around in my back pocket; they stay looking good all night and will last much longer in the possession of the customer. When I am working, I carry a Mullica Wallet that will comfortably take an evening’s supply so size isn't an issue there at all.

Conclusions. I’ve been playing with these for a couple of days now. They generate a lot of fun and conversation in a bar setting, I will be carrying them as often as is practicable, and I have no doubt whatsoever that they will pay for themselves many many times over.

Final point. Early on, when I first started trying to print these, I had an issue with one point on the templates. An email to Kipp produced an almost instant reply, followed later by a phone call after he had traced my current number via my website, via another forum. These contacts produced the perfect fix for the situation. Excellent service.

Overall, I heartily recommend these products.

Andy
"Keep that smile on your face, that excitement in your eyes." - Don Driver

Check out www.andyandjeansbigadventure.com
or
www.andysmagic.com
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
I've just got an initial run of 500 Kings Fool cards made by my local printer here in Auckland, New Zealand. They worked out at the equivalent of US 40 cents each (NZ$0.52) with square corners. I'll use my "Corner Short" clipper to round the corners,
a few at a time while watching television. Top have the coners rounded would have been quite expensive for such a short run.

The CD supplied was easy to work off. I used the darker card outline emailed by Kipp.

Now I have everything set up on my computer it will be easier next time around. This is a great item.
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
A couple of new reviews are in.

Mike Gorman did a review for The Linking Ring in the April 2007 issue. You can read it by clicking here.

Andy Charlton did a review for GoMagicGo.com for the May 2007 Episode 084. This is a podcast and you can listen to it by downloading the .mp3 file by clicking here.

Thanks again for the great reviews.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Sorry, but the reviews are in such a small print that it's impossible to read - I can't even enlarge the text with Firefox.. I'm very interested in this but I'm having a little hard time understanding what exactly this effect is :-(
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kings Fool by Kipp Sherry (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL