The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Praise for Joe Porper -- I'd say this qualifies as above and beyond. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I have to share, and I think this is the closest to the correct place.

I ordered a used set of one of Joe's poker chip effects. When it got here the [ was split down the side as if it had been put over the wrong chip and then wedged off.
I called up Joe Porper to ask about a replacement shell.

He just up and offered to replace the whole set for me, no charge!

That is what I call standing by your product.

He will definately have my business in the future.

Best,
Jim
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
I am not surprise. I am fortunate to work within a 15 minute drive from Joe's company in Chatsworth, California. After buying what Bob Kohler told me was the first copper Porper Cups & Balls sold when Joe returned to the magic scene several years ago, I contacted him and used to visit him at his company. He is such a friendly man and enthusiastic over his magic. It was so much fun talking to him and seeing some of his earliest stuff, especially his wands and paddles, which I took advantage to buy some select stuff before he put them on the market.
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
He's Joe Porper. JOE PORPER!
Cheers!
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
Well, I got the replacement set. It's awesome. What a guy.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Look at the quality that Joe produces in all items

The best!!!!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I had a great experience with Mr. Porper a few months ago as well. At a recent magic convention I purchased a Porper Coin Block and Quarter Bend box. I didn't begin to practice with them until a couple of weeks after the convention, and found them both to be defective. By that point, I couldn't remember the dealer, and didn't have a receipt. So, I contacted Mr. Porper and he accepted the pieces back and repaired them, then returned them to me on his dime. This, in my mind, is truly a man who has pride in his work. He had no obligation to work with me on these items since it should have been the dealer's responsibility, yet, he stood by his products none the less. I have at least a dozen of his effects, and this type of service will keep me going back for more. Too bad more craftsmen and magic producers don't understand this logic.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Does anyone use his coin wand? I've been lusting after it for a while and am thinking of biteing the bullet and getting it if I land this gig I'm going after
colin underwood
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of colin underwood
Don't miss his wedding ring trick. Its the jardine Ellis ring revamped. Highly comercial stuff possible and nice quality item.
aechecop
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of aechecop
I own a bunch of Joe's items and all of them are masterfully manufactured. Always top notch materials. I haven't experienced his customer support because I have never experience any problem with any of his items.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I love every one of the Porper items I have purchased thus far. I am curious, can anyone tell me more about his wedding band Ellis ring? How is the fit, the ease of use, the sizing, etc? That is the next item that I want from him.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I do a lot of consulting and creating of effect for Joe. He is one of the most receptive guys I've ever worked with and he stands behind his products 100%. To him quality is job one. Customer service is job one.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
At the risk of being attacked by Porper fans, I would like to mention the following. It has been stated in another forum that the material he uses in his sliding shell is prone to breaking with extended use. Even his sometime working partner, Pete Biro, acknowledges this fact.

I would also like to point out the following fact. Mt. Porper may turn out excellent versions of established gaffs, but I cannot detect any innovation on his part. Compare this to Johnny Wong, Craig Petty, or Mark Mason who are extremely innovative in addition to being excellent craftsmen.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hmmm... funny you should not realize Porper's innovations... he literally refuses to make versions of other people's tricks.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I have a Joe Porper Strongbox, and after watching the demo DVD that came with My Dean's Box which arrived from Dean this past Saturday, I just ordered an AmazeRing to use as part of the Dean's Box Routine, and I'm getting ready to call Joe Porper today to order one of his wands.

I've been performing Magic since 1956, and I've NEVER seen Magic Props made better than Joe Porper makes them.

In my humble opinion, his work ranks among the "Upper Echelon" of Magic equipment, period.
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I have several of his paddles and I love performing with them. They just have such a nice feel to them. They are also beautifully machined so I enjoy displaying them as well. It's great to hear that he really backs up his products but I've never had a problem with any of them so I can't comment on that!

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I love Joe and his work. I was doing his Just a key ring flight routine and found out that I was going to be doing a show for a client who was a Super Bowl champion. Well, THAT is just too good to pass up. He made me a custom clip and gimmick that could handle that huge ring. Since then, I've done it with 2 more Super Bowl rings. Also, I fell in love with his Vernon card clips, I asked if he could do a few with MY logo logo like that. I was surprised at how minimal the fee was. And this was LOOOOOOOOOONG before Dan and Dave and other companies had fancy engraved card clips. Joe's the best!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Praise for Joe Porper -- I'd say this qualifies as above and beyond. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL