We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..28~29~30 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 20:32, Irishghost wrote:
Just bought it I will let you all know how it is when I recieve it. I really like how the sharpie goes back to the pocket.


I LOVE the work of Richard Sanders. Jeremy's ( Irishghost ) review is what I'll wait for. He KNOWS what works in the real world because he's out there doing it!

Bro, I can't wait!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
4970 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This really looks like a WORKER!



Ray Noble
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
463 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
This does look great. Too bad all my dress shoes are laceless!

Adam
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
"On Foot" was very clever. Is this that effect on steroids?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6853 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Suh-weet! Man, I wish I had the money for this right now.
Two tricks for one low price! "Production Value" available now. http://cameronfrancismagic.com/production-value.html
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4791 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This will probably be a bestseller 2007, it looks like a golden concept.
Interlace makes any other Ring Flight look out of date!
Because of the long distance from the vanish in the hands to the shoe it looks utterly impossible. This is the first convincing Ring Flight I ever seen. No clumsy hand movements.

Dai Vernon fooled Harry Houdini many years ago with a card trick, this ring trick will fool any magician (and laymen).
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
666 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
This is reminiscent of Carl Cloutier's Card In Sock. It's a KILLER trick too, but you do lose valuable pocket space for every pair of pants you need to alter. (And that right pocket holds my T.T., sponge balls and a coin)

Interlace does look great though and I'd be interested in hearing some of the incoming reviews.

It would also make a nice "repeat" effect after performing Ring Flight, as it appears there's no hook-ups.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5249 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
This looks very good to me.

I'd recommend possibly "changing the moment" as follows. Reach in your pocket for a handkerchief instead of a Sharpie, place "the ring" under the handkerchief for the spectator to hold, whip away the handkerchief to reveal that the ring has vanished, and then show that the ring is tied to your shoelace. I think that this would better hide the timing of the load. Also, maybe to tie everything together you could borrow the ring, offer to polish it, pull out your handkerchief and appear to polish the ring after which you have the spectator hold it through the handkerchief, say that you hope you didn't ruin the ring because you also use the handerchief to polish your shoes, whip the handerchief away to reveal that the ring has vanished, and then show the ring on your shoelace. Just thinking out loud, but at the bottom line, the effect looks good to me.

Larry
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1224 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 21:42, MagicChris wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-01 20:32, Irishghost wrote:
Just bought it I will let you all know how it is when I recieve it. I really like how the sharpie goes back to the pocket.


I LOVE the work of Richard Sanders. Jeremy's ( Irishghost ) review is what I'll wait for. He KNOWS what works in the real world because he's out there doing it!

Bro, I can't wait!!!

Chris


Hopefully early next week I will post a review.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4928 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-02-02 08:29, Larry Davidson wrote:
This looks very good to me.

I'd recommend possibly "changing the moment" as follows. Reach in your pocket for a handkerchief instead of a Sharpie, place "the ring" under the handkerchief for the spectator to hold, whip away the handkerchief to reveal that the ring has vanished, and then show that the ring is tied to your shoelace. I think that this would better hide the timing of the load. Also, maybe to tie everything together you could borrow the ring, offer to polish it, pull out your handkerchief and appear to polish the ring after which you have the spectator hold it through the handkerchief, say that you hope you didn't ruin the ring because you also use the handerchief to polish your shoes, whip the handerchief away to reveal that the ring has vanished, and then show the ring on your shoelace. Just thinking out loud, but at the bottom line, the effect looks good to me.

Larry


Very cool ideas Larry,
The hankerchief could even have some shoe polish on it. When you see the polish, you say, "Hey, what's that?" and then continue wioth your idea about hoping you didn't ruin the ring.
This looks great,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
742 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Does anyone know of a uk seller who is selling this gem??

Ash
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
320 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
David Penn the English national has performed this effect of his own invnetion circa 2003 to place in second slot at the Blackpool magic Conference. He has done it at lots of competitions and won them. David Pen doesn't need to put his hand in his pocket which makes the difference for me. Many top pros from lands end to john of groats have wanted to buy David penns original version of this method but he has declined.

If I had the choice I would buy david penns version but it isn't for sale. he amazes and amuses his corporate audiences with this trick and he'll be keeping it this way.

Simon
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2313 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Do you have to use dress shoes with this or will any shoe with laces work?

-Paul
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6853 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The ad says any kind of laced shoe will work.

Is MJM actually sold out of this already or do they just not have them in stock yet?
Two tricks for one low price! "Production Value" available now. http://cameronfrancismagic.com/production-value.html
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I seen penn do it at Blackpool years ago and it fooled the crap out of me. It wa s afew years ago but I remember it was the trick that everybody was talking about.

sanders trick looks cool but I don't like going to the pocket as folks will notice this.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1280 Posts

Profile of bond19
Is this going out via Murphys? It looks incredible, I really wanted a ring flight routine to add to my act but never really liked the old key case idea. Richard Sanderson's version sure appears more improptu and unexpected! Anyone know what the re-set is like, the ad does say its instantly repeatable? Does this equal instant reset?
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
742 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
So I guess no uk dealers yet??
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello everyone,

To all Magic Café members. Hocus Pocus would like to offer you something special. Purchase Interlace from Hocus Pocus and mention the Magic Café for the special price of $49.95 post paid anywhere in the USA. This offer is valid until February 2/28/07 at midnight. This is in stock for immediate delivery.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1224 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-02-02 12:07, Paul Gross wrote:
Hello everyone,

To all Magic Café members. Hocus Pocus would like to offer you something special. Purchase Interlace from Hocus Pocus and mention the Magic Café for the special price of $49.95 post paid anywhere in the USA. This offer is valid until February 2/28/07 at midnight. This is in stock for immediate delivery.

Best Regards
















Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus


Darn, just bought it yesterday off of Richards site for full pop(lol)
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5249 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2007-02-02 10:35, Chris Jones wrote:
"...I don't like going to the pocket as folks will notice this...."


My post in this thread earlier this morning addresses that issue...the intent is to convince the spectator that he's holding his ring (through the handkerchief) after you go to your pocket.

Quote:
On 2007-02-02 08:41, Xiqual wrote:
"...Very cool ideas Larry,
The hankerchief could even have some shoe polish on it. When you see the polish, you say, 'Hey, what's that?' and then continue wioth your idea about hoping you didn't ruin the ring.


Thanks, and I like your idea of having some shoe polish on the handkerchief.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL