The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..28~29~30 [Next]
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2931 Posts

Profile of niva
What long toe hairs lol lol
Yours,

Ivan
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7291 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ordered mine so now on the wait to get this, Thanks all.
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 14:56, boboshempy wrote:
Ruijorge,

These shoes can be tied with a bow.

Nick

So yes Paisa, you can do interlace. Smile
sonarghost
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of sonarghost
Hello everyone... I agree with gobrownstd54 This thread is darn near exposure. I think we can answer questions for those that are interesting in buying but I have already read too many post here that are went a little "too far" with info. Just my .02
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
Next "ring to..." evolution--------- RING TO OSTOMY BAG !! Uses a similar method as above, but an INTERNAL delivery process.
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Folks, you've got to be careful here.....as of right now with all the answered questions being posted, just about anyone with some common sense can grasp the methodology here. When stuff like this happens those ecreative geniuses we take take for granted that put out their ideas to the community (albeit for a price) will stop doing just that and then what do you have???? A bunch of us wondering.....how did he do that and the method will never see the light of day except to the creator. Ever wonder why some of the greatest minds and performers have pet routines that will NEVER be shared???? Just for that reason! Be cautious.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6835 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Tuffnavyrn, I do agree with you. Let's be careful how far we go. This is way too good an effect to have it tipped to everyone. And we all paid good money for it.

BTW, does anyone else think Richard's ring on string and flurry routine were worth the cost of the dvd. Brilliant stuff.
"Tantalized: Seven Variations of The Tantalizer" by Cameron Francis. PDF available now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/tantalized.html
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1209 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Well, look, I'll say this. My Interlaced is on the way. But as far as you guys tipping the method, I'm not seeing it. This thread hasn't really told me much more than I already knew just from watching the video. The only other things that were "tipped" were legit questions which, having been answered, really get me no further to figuring this out.

Ya'll need to relax a little. It has been a good informative thread so far. At least for my money...

(ymmv)
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
~Albert Einstein
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1835 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2007-02-12 22:37, Kaliix wrote:
Well, look, I'll say this. My Interlaced is on the way. But as far as you guys tipping the method, I'm not seeing it. This thread hasn't really told me much more than I already knew just from watching the video. The only other things that were "tipped" were legit questions which, having been answered, really get me no further to figuring this out.

Ya'll need to relax a little. It has been a good informative thread so far. At least for my money...

(ymmv)

Agreed. Often when we're in on a magic secret or know the solution to a puzzle it seems even the most innocuous comments tip everything off. I made an educated guess at the method behind this from the moment I saw the demo. Right or wrong, the comments here haven't tipped me off in the least. That said, of course it's always respectful to be cautious.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
471 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
There are a lot of great magic shops out there selling Interlaced. I bought mine from Hocus Pocus as I do a lot of the stuff I buy. But for this trick, if your on the fence, you may want to go to Madhatter Magic. They are selling them for $38.50! I have ordered from them several times and they are a top notch magic shop. I always check them out when I am looking for an item.

Here is a link to Interlaced on Madhatter Magic

http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......d81c8a38

Marc
mustlovemagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of mustlovemagic
I'm still fooled by Richard's strike vanish with that sharpie...mad skillz that kid has! Didn't even see it coming.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
640 Posts

Profile of oombob
I have ordered this and am of course completely confident of the transparent and simplistic method being employed here...

(except for the ring appearing on the tied shoelace part.)
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Please don't order this effect!!! It is awful!!! Really don't buy it! I want it for myself...err, I mean it is terrible don't buy it!
Tony Chapparo
Marcus001
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Marcus001
Can anyone tell me if one can be assured that the spectators *very valuable* ring will survive totally unscathed during this effect. I've read elsewhere in the Café that performers have faced difficulties after scratching rings during ring to keycase effects (during hook-up).I'm inexperienced in performing magic with finger rings and that's why I'm asking. It doesn't sound like this will be a problem during this effect (if the previous posts are anything to go by), but now that some of the excitement might be dying down, I felt it a good time to post this question.

It is a beautiful piece of magic, but to all the magi who are into and care about magic theory: has anyone had any internal debates about the "too perfect theory"?

Thanks, Marcus.
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Marcus,

This is a much "softer" handling than ring flight style routines. The ring you borrow will be fine.

Mike
Marcus001
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Marcus001
I'm reassured, Mike. Thank you for your help.

Marcus
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3436 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2007-02-13 08:00, MSD921 wrote:
Marcus,

This is a much "softer" handling than ring flight style routines. The ring you borrow will be fine.

Mike

I agree. Perhaps you can have the ring flite key case appear tied on your shoelaces. Perhaps you can first do a regular ring flite and then do Interlace. People's attention will be on the key case and when everyone thinks the ring will appear in teh key case, it acutally appears tied on your shoelaces. Normally I would not repeat effects but it might be intersting to use both a regular ring flite and Interlace.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
In all would like to know!
It is real very, very simply a specially gimmick to do handicraft.
To adapt it to own shoes.

An incredibly good trick, I believe the best in 2007.

BIG thanks to Richard!!!!!!

Marc
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6835 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Marcus, I do not believe this trick falls into the too perfect theory catagory. There is no one obvious solution that would qualify it as too perfect.

Mustlovemagic, he isn't doing a striking vanish.
"Tantalized: Seven Variations of The Tantalizer" by Cameron Francis. PDF available now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/tantalized.html
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I never understood the " too perfect theory " in magic.

We magicians DO the seemingly impossible every day.

We penetrate bottle caps through bottles, signed cards end up in our wallets ( sometimes our wallets are even on FIRE ), coins vanish and reappear at will, freely chosen playing cards end up stuck to a window on the OUTSIDE etc etc.

Is'nt this all too perfect?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL