The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..28~29~30 [Next]
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Zauber
Richard just left town 1 day or 2 for an european lecture so don't take it personal, he will answer
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 19:16, Platt wrote:
The good thing is you're not bogged down or embrassingly dressed up. Unlike certain levitations, the inner workings are stealth and unobtrusive.

Oh, so Interlace is a levitation effect? And all this time I thought it was a ring to shoelace effect... Hmmmmmmm...

Lol, but seriously, that's a very good point, Brian!
-Vinnie
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Hey Platt, good idea about "guess which hand the ring is in" approach, I love it.
sonarghost
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of sonarghost
I REALLY like the "guess which hand" approach as well! I Think I like this approach more than the others listed in the dvd (even though they are still terrific in their own right).
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
I have to say save your money,.
It's not 100%
There is little control of their ring.Once it goes it may or may not work. if it falls on floor there's no back up.
I did not like the set-up it was very lame. On the demo video Richard was already set- up! Got sucker big time.
I had high hopes for this one.
roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
WOW finally a negative post. This one was pretty harsh too.
ALICE
View Profile
New user
Madhatter Magic International
12 Posts

Profile of ALICE
Re: The negative post.
I respect your opinion but if you set this up correctly it will work everytime. If it falls on the floor the problem is your alignment, go back and re-align and you will not have this problem.
I have used this in several of my cocktail gigs already, it is extremely strong.
Richard gives you everything you need except the needle and thread. This should probably be the trick of the year. IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I'm thinking this has to be operator error, but I would like to hear from those who have it if the ring "ends up on the floor" from time to time.
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
491 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 22:10, andrew martin wrote:
It's not 100%
There is little control of their ring.Once it goes it may or may not work. if it falls on floor there's no back up.
I did not like the set-up it was very lame. On the demo video Richard was already set- up! Got sucker big time.

andrew martin,

With all due respect, you can't blame the effect because you can't do it and/or set it up correctly. You are literally the only one in 11 pages that hasn't set it up correctly and absolutely loved it. I am not trying to give you a hard time because you didn't set it up right, but I am giving you a hard time with the following comment:

"I did not like the set-up it was very lame. On the demo video Richard was already set- up! Got sucker big time. I had high hopes for this one."

I love it when someone gets an effect and then they blame the effect when they can't do it. This may not be for you but it surely is not the fault of the gimmick or instruction.

Marc

PS. What is the best levitation on the market? Well I have it and it sucks big time (of course I am in a wheelchair and can't walk)
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree. Operator error does not warrant a negative review of this product. This was without a doubt one of the most thorough training dvds/booklet packages I've ever seen. Richard goes over EVERYTHING including a section on what can go wrong and how to prevent it/fix it before you perform. As for the set up, I can't see how anyone could complain. Richard had a professional seamstress show step by step how to sew for goodness sakes. Show me another dvd that does that. Richard had the seamstress install everything This trick should have sold for twice the price and I second the opinion that this will definitely be in the finals for trick of 2007.

Eric
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
It's not 100%

Glad to see a negative quote. I think this site can get a little "latest greatest" happy. Remember the Elevator? That had the Café convinced they could be Superman for $100.

As for the 100% concern, as I mentioned earlier, this really takes some time to customize and re-customize. And maybe re-re-customize. You have to nail down the positioning perfectly to be 100%.

Andrew is correct in claiming that Richard doesn't show the literally one second "set-up" in his demo. It is no more difficult than any ring flight. If you're uncomfortable with a split second misdirection do a backload which is fast, easy, and with a little patter (like guess which hand) is nothing. Just to balance the board, let me throw out a couple of cons.

1. You can't use a super light ring. It needs a fair amount of weight to ensure 100% success.
2. With black shoes, it looks amazing. With running shoes, particularly if they're not white, not as perfect. Probably good enough, but not perfect.

That said, I personally think Interlace, like Prohibition, is worth the hype. It's one of the best pieces of magic I've bought in a long time.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Clear-headed comments from Platt. This is not an out of the box self-worker, it will take some patient experimentation to make everything flow. I recommend you go the black dress shoe route as well.... it just looks better. Use a a ring with some heft to it and you are off to the races. I think this is most excellent.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
P.s.

I borrow the ring., handle it openly.... and then say "here let me show you something with a piece of string, I've got a piece of string here...".

I keep the string in my back pocket. I take the hand that is holding the ring and reach around to my back pocket and do my back load as I am reaching to get my string in my back pocket. I then bring out the ring and the string and just do the last phase of "Ring String".
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2007-02-19 15:27, wilfr3d wrote:
I have two questions before getting the effect.
1. What kind of sewing kit and other equipments are required to make the gimmick?

How many kinds of kits are there?? you should read the previous posts...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
It's not 100%

if you can't get this to work, you either lack practice or you obviously don't have this because if done as said in the dvd, theres no other place for the ring to go... this is one of the easiest ringflight type effect to do...there are risks, but not as risky as the original ringflight...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
150 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
This is a wonderful effect and if practiced a reputation maker. I have done this on stage and close up. One thing I have tried and it takes a bit of guts, is to have the spectator take the ring from the shoe lace, it can be done if you "help" them and then when it is told back the story I always here is this.

" he took my ring it vanished and appeared on his shoe lace and I REMOVED it"
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Just tried this on a co-worker's college ring which I think weighed about 20 pounds. It hit the floor and rolled several feet, much to everyone's amusement and my horror - you have been warned.
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
See
It might work for awhile then some thing is going to happen. Because you have no control.I been working on this for a long time but I don't want to think,well is ring on my shoe? Yes I know you can feel it. You might feel it thinking it's on the shoe but there it is laying on the carpet.
As Eugene Burger said,"Thinking Kills Magic"
I'm glad that some of you are having sucess with it.
For me I'm going to stick with ring on stick.
prestigemagic
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
34 Posts

Profile of prestigemagic
Hi guys,

I am luckily one of the people who has worked with Richard on this particular product..and I am actually am the one who laid out the booklet you received with the package and the one who did the actual packaging and I would like to place a few comments here about what I have read so far on these last 12 pages:

Those of you who have received the product and think it is one of the great effects if not the great effect of the year, are correct. Richard put a lot of time and effort in making sure that you received a product that was of great quality and that has a 100% wow factor, and those of you that have used it, know that this is true. I tried everything to convince Richard to sell this for twice the price it is being sold for considering the amount of instruction you receive and the quality of the items you receive also, but Richard wanted to give the magic fraternity something that everyone could afford and be proud of using..I think I speak for a lot of you here when I say that I think he has succeeded in doing just that.

I can tell you from being there during the whole process that if you follow the instructions as laid out by Richard the set up is actually easy and should not take longer than 30-45 minutes. For those of you who have had trouble pin-pointing
the position of what is required, it's either because you are not doing what is required properly or you are not using a second set of hands as suggested on the DVD to help you with the set-up. If all is done as shown and suggested, everything will work like clockwork and you have a miracle in your hands.

As far as using a "20 lb ring" and it rolling all over the floor, well like in all magic effects, a little common sense and forethought can go a long way. Most effects have a limit to what you can do and Interlace is no exception, I'm sure that your choice of rings is not limited to "overweight ones" and a little discrepancy should be used in your choices. Any "standard" ring can be used and you will have no problems at all if that is done, so I invite you to try it and I'm sure you will be pleasantly pleased.

Shoes: someone mentioned that black shoes are great but running shoes especially if they are not white are not so good. It's true that it works best with the black dress shoes, but it works just as well with the running shoes if you use "white" running shoes as mentioned clearly in the booklet and DVD. If you do not use all white...especially the tongue of the running shoe, then you might not think it is the best. I have been with Richard while he has performed with running shoes and it kills just as much as the dress shoes...just beware of your running shoe selection, that's all.

All that said, and not because I have worked on this with Richard, Interlace is as far as I'm concerned the best "ring flight type" ring to impossible location available on the market. Richard sweated blood to make sure that this item works all the time if properly performed and to give the best instruction possible in order to help you achieve this..and he has overwhelmingly succeeded. For the 2 or 3 of you who might have run into minor problems, take a moment to go over what you have done and you will probably realize you made an error or did something the wrong way.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This didn't work for me one time... and it was because the ring was waaay too light. Actually, the spectators didn't know it didn't work because I covered well. But it was my fault. I chose a bad ring. Lesson learned.

I used a large class ring once and it worked fine.

Set up is key. I set mine up, had a second pair of hands helping me with positioning, and didn't have to adjust at all. Nailed it on the first time. It's not THAT hard to set it up correctly. Your target area while not huge is big enough.

Like anything, it's not perfect but you also have to be smart about what you do and when you do it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL