The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..28~29~30 [Next]
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Rich Nice Tip on keeping the shoelace G****** hidden behind the lapel also you won't loose it .
Thanks,
Tops
cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of cbmar
Will the trick still work if I alter one of my back pockets rather than ones on the side? Will it work with jeans? (Or do the pants have to be looser?)
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Quote:
On 2007-03-07 21:05, cbmar wrote:
Will the trick still work if I alter one of my back pockets rather than ones on the side? Will it work with jeans? (Or do the pants have to be looser?)

Back pocket: It would take a lot of work and extreme custom modification. Not sure if it could even work without reinventing everything.

Jeans: must be loose, with wide leg bottoms.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Richard Sanders
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sanders FX
174 Posts

Profile of Richard Sanders
Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for all the fantastic reviews!

A few of you have been asking about accessories items for Interlace.
I am really excited to report that, as of April you will be able to pick up a full range of Interlace accessories at http://www.sandersfx.com.

I am also starting to receive some great tips, techniques and presentations from creative people such as yourselves from all over the world.
I am working on compiling all the information for all Interlace owners
So stay tuned at http://www.sandersfx.com for more details and updates.

Thanks again for all your support and encouragement...it is much appreciated!

I hope you are having as much fun as I am with Interlace

Best,

Rich
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Has anyone found the gimmick a little long?? I made mine shorter and it seems to work easier... anyone notice the same?
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
For those performing this at strolling events and wearing the gimmick in your shoe for extended periods of time, are you feeling discomfort? It has proved painful to walk around with this in my shoe on top of my foot and it seems to be a major limiting factor in performing the effect.

Thanks,
Oz
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Oz, I haven't worn it long enough at one time to confirm that, but that has been one of my concerns as well. I think I'm going to experiment with a much flatter version of the gimmick -- I think it'll work.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I had thought of that being a problem and I was thinking that a some type of cushiony pad under the gimmick might work well. Maybe something like the gel inserts you can buy for shoes placed under the gimmick might be more comfortable.

An equally strong gimmick in a flatter form also might be a good option, as was stated above.

Quote:
On 2007-03-09 10:13, Ozer4 wrote:
For those performing this at strolling events and wearing the gimmick in your shoe for extended periods of time, are you feeling discomfort? It has proved painful to walk around with this in my shoe on top of my foot and it seems to be a major limiting factor in performing the effect.

Thanks,
Oz
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I actually asked the same question about the shoe gimmick in secret sessions with no replies. I think an equally strong, less bulky solution is the answer. I'm just not sure how easy it will be to find something that strong but yet smaller.

Jim
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I have no problem with discomfort at all. I'm using shoes like Richard Sanders. Under the tongue there is some padding...which I cut into with an exacto to place the gimmick. It fits in there perfectly, and I don't even notice it at all when wearing the shoe.

Rich B.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Same here Rich....haven't had a problem since I did it this way.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have gimmicked a couple of pairs of shoes (in one case both shoes of the pair since I've doubled up on one pair of pants) using easily found (took me less than one minute), thinner/flatter but larger circumference/diameter shoe gimmicks. They were very easy to install and work fine.

Both Chazpro and Wizard Craft both carry what you need.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-03-09 14:04, Jim Poor wrote:
I actually asked the same question about the shoe gimmick in secret sessions with no replies. I think an equally strong, less bulky solution is the answer. I'm just not sure how easy it will be to find something that strong but yet smaller.

Jim

Im sorry, where's the secret section? Smile
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Iamslow, haha, funny your username is what it is... Just kidding! I had to say it...
But seriously, the gimmick is supposed to be as long as it is so that you can modify it to your desired needs... Not everyone would be able to perform this if it was set in one size, so that is why it is so big; so you can modify it to suit you...

IlDaDe,
There is no secret section for Interlace... What Jim is refering to is the forum here at the Café that is only accessable for users who have 50 legitimate posts.

-Vinnie
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:

IlDaDe,
There is no secret section for Interlace... What Jim is refering to is the forum here at the Café that is only accessable for users who have 50 legitimate posts.

-Vinnie

Ooops:D
Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
150 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
I sometimes forget it is even in my shoe

no problems
kalsolar
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of kalsolar
...about the gimmick in the shoe. I also have slight concerns over this, especially as I noticed that the one Richard uses in the DVD is slimmer than the one I was supplied with. Only by a small amount but enough to make a difference in overall comfort.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Maybe is a little bigger, but I always forget about it after 10minutes!
This is a fantastic trick.
I've bought it at Madhatter and now I'm waiting for the Any Ring to arrive, because I think that the Hank is a super add-on to the trick!
ALICE
View Profile
New user
Madhatter Magic International
12 Posts

Profile of ALICE
Thanks IlDaDe,
We are waiting for the ANY RING to arrive. I will keep you posted when they arrive. We will carry this but have chosen not to pre-sell an item that is currently known by us not to be available. If you liked our price on Interlace you will love the price we put on this. Sometimes it pays to wait.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-03-12 18:05, ALICE wrote:
Thanks IlDaDe,
We are waiting for the ANY RING to arrive. I will keep you posted when they arrive. We will carry this but have chosen not to pre-sell an item that is currently known by us not to be available. If you liked our price on Interlace you will love the price we put on this. Sometimes it pays to wait.

I agree with your choise. And I have to say thanks because your customer service is really good, you replied to all my questions.. And I've done a lot of questions:)

Davide
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Interlace" - New Magic by Richard Sanders (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL