The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Pressure fan split (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
I'm looking for a resource for the following flourish. As I remember it, a pressure fan is made. Then the fan splits or rather closes into two halves (without using your other hand).

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
It doesn't have to be a pressure fan. Cards are pushed one way with the thumb and the other with the ring finger.

I just started working on this myself. It's a moderately hard flourish, but it looks cool (the whole idea of a flourish).

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, New York
182 Posts

Profile of Daniel J. Ferrara Jr.
Check out Jeff McBride's "The Art Of Card Manipulation" videos. I believe card fans are on volume two of the set of three.
Jonatan B
View Profile
Veteran user
Gothenburg, Sweden
342 Posts

Profile of Jonatan B
Here are some tips on that move, which I recently learned... well it took a darn long time. I am assuming you are right-handed.

Right hand over top of the deck with 3 fingers at the upper right corner. All except pinky, thumb at bottom short side.
Left hand under the deck, index + long finger on the bottom and thumb close to center on top of the deck near the bottom short side.

Go first a little to left and bend the card inwards and then keep the same pressure when circulating around the hand. Thumb on the left finger and the right hand are working opposite ways when the fan takes place.

Now go practice.. Smile

I am so sorry... I misunderstood... I thought you were having problem with the fan splitting while fanning a pressure.
My fault.
Jonatan Bank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Pressure fan split (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL