The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mindpower deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Hello,

I have a question for people who use the Kennedy Mind power deck very often.

In your experience: do people look more at the red three or at the red ten (I hope I'm not exposing to much)?

Very curious!

Thanks
Simon
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Simon,

The ten. Then again, nowadays I use a subtlety out of Derren Brown's "Smoke" that eliminates the 3 as a possibility.

PA
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
I use that Derren Brown sublety to eliminate the red 8. I then just go for a card (as derren does as well in his routine). that's either the ten or the three. I haven't performed this one a lot in real life, but my experience is the ten as well.

When you didn't use the derren brown sublety did they looked at the ten more often than the three?

Thanks!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi,
Since this seems to the disscussion on the mindpower deck, are these still widely available?
I did a search for them and all the online stores I found that carry them seem to be sold out.
Cheers,
Ros
ps
Smoke is a cool routine. You guys might also like to take a look at KENT for similar ideas.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
I use Derren's subtlety to eliminate both court cards, the 10h and the 2c. Sounds bold, but it's not at all. It's Beautiful, and then I have at most 2 wrong. Almost always nail it with no wrong questions.

I would say the 4s is the most commonly chosen card. I perform this all the time. I developed a theater piece around it that was very interesting and required no fishing. Used about 20 people.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Hi Roslyn,

I picked up a Mind Power Deck (in Bicycle)over the weekend at the Blackpool Convention. It was from International Magic who also have a website.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I can recommend The Heirloom Bonus Pack if you have/use Mind Power deck, a great combination.

http://www.thecentertear.com/?html=full&key=3882
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
What is this bonus pack, and how can it be used with the Mindpower deck?

Quote:
On 2007-02-27 12:20, Kjellstrom wrote:
I can recommend The Heirloom Bonus Pack if you have/use Mind Power deck, a great combination.

http://www.thecentertear.com/?html=full&key=3882
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Peter Harrison
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Peter Harrison
My handling (which is slightly modified from Derren Brown's in "Smoke") means the picks the 2 of clubs 7/10 times. I do what Derren does which improves my chances but when it comes to making the first dive at fishing I always go for the 2 of clubs (this seeming like my first attempt) and it's usually correct. I tried testing this out with the very basic instructions to give people a large choice and from the two cards mentioned in the original post... the 3 of hearts seems to be the top choice in my performances.

But not anymore, now it's the 2 of clubs.

Take it easy,

P.H.
carl
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of carl
Hi All,

Quick question... Is there any blue back Mind Power Deck around? The online shop here in Switzerland (yes, there is just one...at least just one which is good) sells red backed decks only... Makes it kind of hard to switch, since I use a blue back Boris Wild Deck. :/

Thanks,
Carl
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
As with many other specially printed decks: It is available in red only.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
carl
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of carl
Argh, too bad. Smile Well, I will have to find a good way to introduce a red backed deck then. Smile

"As with many other specially printed decks: It is available in red only." >> Just being curious... Is there any particular reason for that?
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I guess the majority prefers red backed decks in general, even if they are only 51%.

When the MPD was not printed on Bicycle stock at all, you just added 1 red or blue backed Bicycle card (or Tally Ho, Bee, Aviator) et voilà! There is no need to show the backs of the cards, is there? ....

Try it.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
carl
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of carl
Hmm...why did I not think about that? Smile

Thanks Smile
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Where may I find/ learn Derren Brown's subtly employed in using the Mind Power Deck?

Thanks
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
On his DVD, The Devil's Picturebook. It's available only from his site as far as I know: http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mindpower deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL