The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Which IT Reel should I get? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Outlawz_311
View Profile
New user
Minesotta
92 Posts

Profile of Outlawz_311
JK's Humming Reel, ITR, Pager Reel, Pen Reel, or Thread Boss?

I'm thinking about using a reel for Steve Fearsons floating cigarette.
"Ashtonishment is our state of mind" - Paul Harris
www.STGmastaz.150m.com
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
I own the pen reel and its great! I can't say enough about it but I don't know about the others ones except for the humming reel which doesn't sound like what you are looking for but it is a great piece of magic that can do a lot of magic. Smile
~Magic-Al~
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

I have several reels, most by Sorcery Shop, including Micro, Boss, Pen, and take apart... I also got one of the "Indian Reels" cause it was 5 bucks... oddly, the Indian Reel came with a very nice set of instructions! But of course, the Sorcery Shop (Close Up, Inc. now I think) are much better quality in terms of quiet use... the cheap reel is very noisy retraction, kind of free wheels and makes a "whizzing" sound... also, the "wax" that came with it is an odd color...very scary looking....

Don't know how practical it would be to do Fearson's with a reel-- I tried working something out, but if you know how Fearson's float works, think about the reel end and how you would accomplish the floating moves...? One of the larger reels with long pull out length would probably work best, or perhaps the pager, clipped to your side...

The boss won't give you enough length on the thread for Fearson without very high risk of breakage...

JN Smile
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
On 2003-03-20 16:42, yosef_dov wrote:

The boss won't give you enough length on the thread for Fearson without very high risk of breakage...

JN Smile

That's right. The Boss reel is more adapt for close-up work. The Micro is for close-up and for stage, being the medium in the range. Finally, the Standard reel is best for stage as it allows for more length.

Hope this helps.

Ivan Smile
Yours,

Ivan
snilsson
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
186 Posts

Profile of snilsson
You may also want to consider Al Baker's thread hook-up from Pet Secrets. It requires nothing but IT and wax and it's very simple and thoroughly practical.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Go to the motorized reel by JK
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I suggest a standard reel with kevlar thread. Smile
snilsson
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
186 Posts

Profile of snilsson
Frankly I don't understand why you would want to use a motorized reel. In my experience high-tech solutions are much more likely to fail. What are the benefits?
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-03-22 19:08, eddiekap wrote:
I suggest a standard reel with kevlar thread. Smile

Eddie,

I undertand the strength benefit of kevlar versus non-kevlar IT. However, I also understand that kevlar IT is kinda shiny and not good for stage effects. Do you use kevlar for the Fearson cigarette float? Do you do this effect in bright lighting?

Thanks for any info.

Turk

P.S. And do you have a source for kevlar thread
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I use standard beading thread found in fabric stores. Not a reel for fearson's routine.

The trick is best performed in clubs and bars, and the effect itself lends it to those venues.
Did you buy the floating cigarette routine?

I believe fearson still sells it on, http://www.downloadmagic.com

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Which IT Reel should I get? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL