The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Request for Review of Triceratops by Dale A. Hildebrandt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PAN
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of PAN
Any Reviews? Sounds awesome! It's available through Lybrary.com. Here's the ad:

Dale A. Hildebrandt, the author of Risk & Reward, brings you a new ebook titled Triceratops. In Triceratops, there are three sections, which each have three chapters, and each chapter has three tricks. The emphasis is on the effect in this ebook, with methods sometimes scarcely even hinted at, much less described. This is for the performer who can take a piece of cloth and make it into a cloak of mystery.

This material is not for the weak of heart. Only read on if you want to dare something worthy. The following are the effects you will find in Triceratops:

DISC DECEPTION: An update of a classic beginner’s trick that takes the original and puts it on steroids.

DIGGING A HOLE TO CHINA: A comedy routine where things get progressively stranger and then ends with a great gag.

IDENTICAL OR FRATERNAL TWINS?: A plot for a two coin trick that will leave laymen speechless.

OFTEN IMITATED, BUT NEVER DUPLICATED: The magician tries to duplicate an Ace with a blank card, but never quite gets it right.

BAKING SODA AND VINEGAR: Oil and Water made into a confusing, yet comedic, routine.

TANNING BED TROUBLE: An Urban Legend is proven to be true.

DOORWAY TO A DIFFERENT DIMENSION: A trapdoor in a playing card has strange powers.

STRINGS ATTACHED: A Matrix-style/Coin Assembly routine where you destroy the gimmick right in front of the spectators and they never have a clue!

GYPSY FORTUNES: Prove the Fortune Telling Cards right when the volunteer gains and loses money.

LIVEHYPNOTIC: Two routines for Liam Montier and Steve Dela’s “LIVESTRONG REVELATION” prop.

STICKMEN AND STONES: A guilty party is found through ancient means.

LOST DOG: A very commercial routine that plays well for stage.

LOW TECH KISSES: A great method for causing an astral kiss to be planted on a séance sitter.

PAUL’S PLANCHETTE: A Planchette moves by itself with no wires, magnets, threads, or other apparatus. All you need is a Witching Board and a Planchette, and you’re set for a miracle.

IDLE HANDS: Physical manifestations of a demon possession.

KNIGHT’S TOUR ADDITIONS: Some ideas for The Knight’s Tour

FIBBING WITH FIBONACCI: A two-phase math routine that wows even the people who know the first phase.

MY THIRTEENTH TURN: An arcane parchment lets the magician know how many times a die is turned.

TEN MINUTES WITH A SHIRT: A routine that typically lasts less than ten minutes, and involves your shirt and a Psychic Dry Cleaner.

BANK ROBBER IN A BOTTLE / CURTAIN CALL: A bank robber from the past leaves a message for the people in the room, and the more observant spectators see a curtain move by itself—with no wires or other gimmicks.

CLOWN AROUND: An hilarious routine that justifies the use of sponge balls while still maintaining an air of mystery.

LAZY MAGICIAN’S GUIDE TO FOOLING PAVLOV: A variation of Kip Pascal’s “Fooling Pavlov” where there is no need to train a dog.

DEVILISH PLUS (with Caleb Strange): Caleb Strange adds some details to make this trick into a real blockbuster showpiece.

THE APPLE TRICK: Shake seeds out of an unsliced apple. Shake the seeds back into the apple. Then, you notice that you shook too hard. You have to cut open the apple to retrieve your finger ring.

ETALFNI: A great gag for balloon workers or anyone who uses balloons in their magic.

THE MAGIC TUBE: A versatile solution to ditching, switching, and other ploys by using an interesting novelty item.

SNAP SHOT: A borrowed, ungimmicked polaroid camera proves the presence of spirits.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
I have Risk & Reward and Dale's Other Stuff. I like his way of thinking and his routines/effects.

I, too, am waiting patiently for someone to give a review of Dale's latest offering, TRICERATOPS.

Anyone?
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
I have risk and reward and it collects Edust. Is there an ethical way to sell ebooks?
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I don´t think so, because nobody can be sure whether you still have a copy. And if you keep a copy, that means that you distribute your copy, which I guess is not allowed.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2007-03-01 06:38, calexa wrote:
I don´t think so, because nobody can be sure whether you still have a copy. And if you keep a copy, that means that you distribute your copy, which I guess is not allowed.

Magixx

Conceptually, what makes this any different from whether or not a person can be certain that you didn't keep a copy of the DVD, book or manuscript you have out for re-sale?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
belotte
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of belotte
I personally think he is full of pipe dreams. Concepts are worth wile I suppose, but actual practical solutions are hard to come by in most of his material.

I know I'll stir the pot with this post and get a lot of "you just don't understand the value of this material" or "this is real value to a working performer" etc.

But then what's to stop me from producing my own book of good ideas that are impractical or that will never work? Hey I have an idea, how about a levitation using a flock of seagulls, just use audience management to direct them away from the birds over head.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
PAN,

There is a review at online-visions.com. It is short and not very detailed but it is by world-known P. Marucci.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Request for Review of Triceratops by Dale A. Hildebrandt (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL