The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Foreign Affair (bill routine) - Gregory Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
For those of you who have the Gregory Wilson in action DVD vol 3 and want the perfect gimmick for his effect Foregin Affair. Well Greg has just released a special mis-made bill especially for this effect. It's a US ONE doller bill on one side and various worldwide bills on the reverse. It's made from special Tyvek paper so it's very durable (in fact it won't tear) and is water resistant.

The basic effect is a doller magically changes to various other bills from around the world evertime you fold the bill. Best off all you end TOTALLY CLEAN.

For quick, visual magic it's got to be a 10 / 10
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
When/where will this be available? On the previews it looked like a very good effect. Kind of like Greed, but a good story on how you work the exchange rates.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Newb2,

I have just sent you a PM about Foregin Affair. It's an eye-popping, quick magic trick and I can highly recommend it.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Nice! Now where is Freakey! Dying for that!
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
FreaKey is coming soon. Greg was not totally happy with the DVD so he re filmed a few parts of it and it is being finalized now. All of the props are done and ready to go. It is very effective.

Foreign affair should be available from your favorite magic dealer. Murphy's just got units last week for distribution. This routine was premiered in "Switch" (John Lovick's book) and was inspired by Bill Goldman's "Chameleon Bill".

Tim
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Good to hear that Tim! Will it be like the next month..or this month...?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
How is Foreign affair different from David Acer's AROUND THE WORLD IN EIGHTY DOLLARS ( using Richie Sander's bill switch )?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Christopher, "Foreign Affair" has a few more changes than "Around The World In Eighty Dollars". The gaff is also very different.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Cameron, thanks. I loved the Acer routine, so Greg may have advanced it.

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I love Acer's routine, too. But it is a very different routine in the sense that the spectators get to "choose" the countries. In Greg's effect, the bill keeps changing as you fold it.

As well as being a dealer item, this routine is also on Gregory Wilson "In Action" vol. 3, btw. Although you have to make it up yourself which could be a pain in the rear. So $20 for everything you need sounds like a good deal.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
This was one of my favorites in Greg's lecture. The presentation is built into the bill - I think it's going to be very popular . . .
RichardSand
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
56 Posts

Profile of RichardSand
I wonder if he could put out a different version, where the main bill wasn't a dollar but EURO. Probably not.
I like this trick btw.
For anyone who has not seen a demo, it looks like DG's Greed except the bill changes currency instead of value. Also you unfold the bill again instead of changing it to a coin.
Richard
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant. - Alan Greenspan
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Let me add that this bill will also last a life time.
And for Freakey I perform this everywhere I go for almost a year now. And I just received the video a couple of weeks ago and the video is worth the money.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
I just got this effect and the bill is very well made. I have a tip though when you start to fold the bill into sixteenths. I would suggest using removable double stick tape to stick the corners each time you fold. The tape stops the corners from moving when you increasingly fold the bill. This way keeps the bill looking even with each fold.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I just got this from MJM Magic ( I have no stake in this company, but they shipped FOR FREE in two days. Why anyone shops with the high price shipping dealers is beyond me ).

The bill is Beautiful. It is made from 'Tyvek" and will last a long time ( water and tear proof).

I haven't even started working with this, but here's an idea: I don't want to end with a hundred that gets handed out. Could a $1 bill be borrowed, switched with he gimmick and then the routine done and switched back at the end? If so, I'd do the routine like this:

"When I travel around the world to perform, because of the exchange rate and because I'm a magician (wink at them ), I can travel pretty far on a U.S. $1. Does anyone have a $1 I can borrow for a minute to show you?"

Do the routine ending with " and I can come all the way back the United States on the same $1". Hand the bill back saying " I hope you get as much mileage from that dollar as I have".

Just thinking off the top of my head.

Is there anywhere online showing Greg's routine?

MJM:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/foreign-af......299.html

IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
I wanted a good bill "routine" to use.. I saw "Fraud" by Daniel Garcia, but I can't do it because I am italian.. Now this seems to be very good..

If you are interested, here is the lowest price:
FOREIGN AFFAIR BY GREGORY WILSON

I can end with a Euro bill instead of a $100?
Thanks a lot, Davide
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I ordered this too, but believe me, Tyvek is NOT waterproof. Water resistant.
Don't wash it.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
"The Reserve" DVD by Magic Makers also has a sticker gimmick of FOREIGN AFFAIR to stick to a real dollar bill. Pretty clever idea to just stick it to the back of a real dollar bill.

This DVD comes with 2 of these gimmicked stickers (along with a TT)... A nice package Deal.

Also note that even though this DVD has a vast amount of Paper Money effects (many sold as the popular single effects on 1 DVD in magic shops), Magic Makers gives NO credit to many of the people involved with the effects-- Including NO credit given to Gregory Wilson and his FOREIGN AFFAIR effect.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
Magic Makers gives NO credit to many of the people involved with the effects-- Including NO credit given to Gregory Wilson and his FOREIGN AFFAIR effect.

I don't see how that company isn't sued into oblivion. But I'd rather have one quality bill than 2 stickers that will eventually wear down. Plus support the creator. IMHO of course.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Foreign Affair (bill routine) - Gregory Wilson (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL