The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hua Hin Dice Mystery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Thank you for all your comments both positive & negative.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
I own a Hua Hin dice and it has got nothing but great reactions from lay public. The best approach that works for me is to act with the box in a extremely casual fashion...it really baffles people when you play it down. It is so so easy to look at these type of things through the eyes of a magician with knowledge of methods.
The other key point here...give it a couple of years and these will be worth a small fortune. Alan Warner's spirit cabinet sold recently for over $5000. I am more than happy to own this and will be buying another to store away along with my 2 Chiang Mai Block's as an investment.
I also understand that Tony is releasing more collectable items in the very near future.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 13:02, S. Lea wrote:
I'm afraid to say, I totally disagree with the above comments. I couldn't wait for this product to land on my doorstop. But the minute I opened the package my heart sank. One look at the dice and the box and I knew the 'secret'. For the money I paid, I just couldn't believe it. I don't normally criticise magic products but this is a joke. Yes the box is nice but for £40+ I could buy a nicer one.

It's impossible to point out the problems with this product without giving away the 'method' but my 10 year old daughter pointed out the obvious the minute she put the dice into the box. Anyone who handles the box - I.E. shakes it - can immediately feel that something isn't happening. The method use to calculate the totals is also quite well known. My wife, father and friends were all familiar with it and told me exactly how the effect worked. The best thing they could say about the product was that the box was nice.

From the above comments, it seems that people can be found that this effect will work on, having no success with friendly audiences, I'm not sure I prepared to risk in on the paying public.

Quality of Props = 10/10
Collectibility = 10/10
Effect = 1/10
Difficulty = Easy (to work out)
Price = £44.00

I had a look to this thread, because I read about this effect in the new L&L-folder. The picture here in the magic Café explains the effect.

I share the opinion of Lea: There exist many polite spectators who don't inform you about the weakness of a trick. They say "bravo" and after the magician went away they tell each other, how it was done. Others are not really interessted and wait until the (boring) trick is over. I think it is best to test such an effect with 17-years old boys and girls as spectators who are both good in sports and good in programming a computer (so they can analyze a bad or bad performed trick and tehy will tell you!!). If they believe in magic after seeing it, then it is okay - and if they think it is only a riddle/puzzle then they at least should not be able to solve it. I do always so before I show a new effect to paying spectators!

(Excuse my bad english, I hope my ideas are clear)!

Kind regards!

Angelo

(
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
On the noise issue that some have commented on not being correct.
If the box is held so it is upright on its edge in your hand and shaken this way, the noise is far more convincing than holding it flat and shaking it up and down,
Holding it upright shoots the dice around much more inside.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hua Hin Dice Mystery (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL